subs and amp

Well i confirmed that they have been shipped on monday, and waiting on a tracking number.... the 3 10's weigh 92 LBS!!! JEEBUS THEIR HEAVY!! As far as the amp im almost positive ill run the rf 1500. I wasnt thinkin correctly as far as the ohmage lol ohmage... but now that i know that wired up im lookin at 1.33 ohm I know exactly what to run, vs me thinkin im runnin 2/4 ohm subs and thats the amp i need. BUT now thats all straight away i can get rollin on the amp purchase. Wont be for week or two, got bills :(

As far as running 1 ohm thats wont effect the sound quality? vs 4. And the rf amp also states its lower efficiancy rate per 1 ohm vs 2/4. And i called a stereo shop in cali to ask about a custom built box, he recomended a mono chamber ported enclosure. Now im prolly not goin to have one built, yet at least. I was thinkin of pickin up the enclosure and maybe adding a lil fiberglass touch as well. But than again why risk destroying a perfectly good box

Also i was lookin into these
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11615_GS+Audio+BG-10.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9949_JL+Audio+SGR-10W7+--+Grill+P-N+-90245.html

The second ones look pretty good here
http://www.youtube.com/user/Torquem123#p/a/u/1/EyYgFCGrjqg
http://www.youtube.com/user/Torquem123#p/a/u/0/N-8MR8PcX6M
Id just be worried the first ones may limit excursion but ill have to get more details onem

No, 1 ohm isn't going to affect the sound quality. In my case, it would because my amp would fry lol. I have been told that it would hold the parallel load of 1.33 but with the subs I have, it's too much power so I'm going with the 6 ohm connection.

If you get an amp that is stable at 1 ohm and wire yours, parallel, you're set!

3 SVC drivers with Voice Coils in Parallel
All woofer (+) to the amp (+). All woofer (-) to the amp (-) connections.

4 Ohm Subwoofers: 1.33 Ohms

3_4ohm_svc_134ohm.gif

As for the Pioneer, JVC debate, the JVC looks a little better but I think I would stick with Pioneer out of the two. I'll be looking for you an amp and throwing some links your way since it's going to be up to a few weeks.

I'm doing my own amp and subs as well, but I'm using Alpine Type R 12's. My plan is to build a box that will side all the way in to the back and not obstruct the spare tub. Planning on taking that tub and making a custom amp rack out of it.

I'm doing my own amp and subs as well, but I'm using Alpine Type R 12's. My plan is to build a box that will side all the way in to the back and not obstruct the spare tub. Planning on taking that tub and making a custom amp rack out of it.

Someone on here has done this I think. Seems like they plexi-glassed the top but I can't remember who it was. 1/2 of mine is covered but I still have the spare in the tub and sound dampening in the tub also. With you having the 18's, I most likely wouldn't worry with the spare either. If that time comes, just deal with it then. It's been many years since I have had an actual flat.

CATCHINGA CATCHINGA CATCHINGA!!! They came in today!! (fri) They are to sexy, and the box was hell puttin in the truck too, well the holding the box (92 lbs) and opening the tail gate was a pain but im soooo happy ive gottem.. they are gonna sleep next to me for a lil while lol!

1120091537.jpg

1120091538.jpg

1120091539.jpg

1120091539a.jpg

1120091541.jpg

1120091541a.jpg

1120091541b.jpg

1120091542.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I just read a lot of that and then I see at the bottom "My System"

There was some good info but damn, I got sleepy 1/2 way through lol. Laser, read up now and learn a little something. :shifty:

Seems like someone that would go through that much trouble to write up something that big would at least have "A System"

I am sorry, was just pissin in teh wind.

So whats wrong with the tripple box with the upward facing ports? That box will slam better and play deeper then anything else you have posted. I too prefer a slot loaded box as the dont have port noise but for the Marks design and where you want to mount them the aero ported box is the best bet. Besides, aero ports dont have near the turbulence that standard ones do.

So I am on my way home from work and driving through waco in an old school mood. Got the drivers window all the way down and I am listening to some Genesis when I pull to a stop light and there are a couple black dudes in a Town Car on 24" wheels bumpin some hippity hoppity. Well "Keep It Dark" starts so I turn my system up to one level below clipping and it totally drowns them out. We pull up to the next light and the passenger is motioning something to me so I turn down the stereo and he shouts "Dayyyymmmmm! That system is tight! I never heard something so clean and I heard the bass over our system." I say thanks and pull into Autozone to but some detailing chemicals and these guys pull in behind me.

Well we shoot the crap for a half hour and they hop in to hear my system and I go to listen to theirs. The mids/highs were just aweful and the bass was so muddy it was rediculous. He was very proud though so I was polite in my comments. My bass had more impact and played deeper but he could get louder. I was shocked when he popped the trunk and had a pair of FI BL 12" subs and an Alpine 1000 mono block. Very small amp BTW. Big ported box and as I said, some high output but man do they sound terriable! Arnt they like $300 each? I was not impressed, they remind me of the old Soundstream SPL Mules.

When I poped my trunk they were both blown away to see that single 10" sub in a tiny box. :lol: They were even more impressed when I said my amps only rates at 300 watts to drive all 9 speakers. :D

I just wonder if it sounds like it looks. I love it and the 1000/1 is the same size as the /4 amp. Some work is involved with that one. I got all my wire and junk in finally. Now I don't wanna go put it all in lol. I'm still 12 ohming it :D

Theres nothin wrong with that aero port box at all, it just seems like it would be a dissapointment lookin at it in the trunk, givin its size 12h/14d/36w. But not saying im not concidering the box cause i really do like it, and i beleive its 11/16 too.

But at that rate if i were to go with aero ports ive been contimplating on making an enclosure mdf/FG. The only reason i didnt want to is because i didnt wanna find out if i knew what i was doin or not making a slot port. But i was thinkin i could build an individually chambered FG box with upward facing aero ports.http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11617_House+Brand+AIRPORTM.html http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11618_House+Brand+AIRPORTL.html http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11616_House+Brand+AIRPORTS.html
I guess if i were to build it id need to find out were EXACTLY to locate the port and im assuming itd come down to the dimension of the box

also just did a lil fartin around, the web site states that aero box is 3.4 cubes and with the volume calculator i got 2.68786 and thats not inccluding the extra space lost by individualizing the chambers

slick, I'm almost ready to drop mine down to two 10's with this box

I could put my 1252xi amp back in and take the 2252xi out. It's just in the thoughts and the box is only $50.00

You on the other hand have to ask yourself what do you want your bass to be like.

Do you want deep deep bass with slight tightness? All open chambered, vented.

Do you want deep tight bass? Upper ported box!

Do you want bass that hits tight but with no low bass notes? Sealed

Members online

No members online now.
Back