subs and amp

And one of the subs will not get pounded harder? If not, can you show a pic of that connection? I'm all for more power to gain back what I lost in series but I want all 3 to get equal treatment.

No, the amp sees the subs as a single load, it doesn't matter what your configuration is, they all get the same amount of power. Here is a quick drawing to illustrate the series parallel config.

seriesparallel.jpg

No, the amp sees the subs as a single load, it doesn't matter what your configuration is, they all get the same amount of power. Here is a quick drawing to illustrate the series parallel config.

I saved that pic to print out. I might get out in the garage again and bring it down another 6 ohms. This just keeps getting more and more confusing. I'll most likely leave it like it is for now until next week. I ordered all the new wiring last night and finished ordering the rest this morning. Moving the amps and the bridge in between them isn't very easy, especially when it comes to lining them back up again. When I get all the wiring and connectors and w/e else I ordered, I'll get it all straight. Up until now, the ohm law has always had me confused but now I understand it. Wished I has understood it when I was 18 lol.

Thank you!!! I knew there was a way and for some reason I just could not for the life of me remember how to do it that way! I told him a different way then realized it was wrong so I told him to series it, Like that then the amp will give close to its 4ohm rating.

Man I feel dumb for not remembering that. My bad.

Thank you!!! I knew there was a way and for some reason I just could not for the life of me remember how to do it that way! I told him a different way then realized it was wrong so I told him to series it, Like that then the amp will give close to its 4ohm rating.

It's all good, I've been a car audio fanatic for 10+ years now and I still forget from time to time. There is a lot that goes into a good design and quite a few things to remember. Having an electronics background helps when working with wiring speakers and calculating loads and outputs. It never hurts to ask around, I still call my installer, a buddy of mine, from time to time to ask simple questions.

How much more power am I expecting to gain going from 12 ohm to 6 ohm? I'm going to do it either way when everything gets here, hopefully by Thursday or Friday. I was wired at 4 ohm when I had the three 12 ohm subs in so only a 2 ohm loss should put me extremely close to where I was. Also, these subs aren't tired like the ones I took out. Nice and tight with a bigger foam surround.

Some specs of the sub amp: The amp will deliver in excess of 850 watts into a four ohm bridged mono load at 14.4V. The 2252xi has built-in 18-dB/octave active electronic crossover and KICKEQ bass/treble boost circuits, mixed mono capability, high and low level inputs, and is stable to 2 ohms stereo.

JUST BOUGHT THE SUBS TONIGHT!!!!!! YYYEEEEEAAAAH!!!! I cant wait.... And yes 3 G5's that means i gotta wait for the best deal to come up the soonest to pick up the amp or headunit next

Laser, me and you kinda have the same home life and I know how that is. Sometimes it's mind disturbing so it's understandable that something like that could slip past you. It never even entered my mind that there was another way so don't even sweat it. I'm just glad to know I can come down another 6 ohms.

i really wanna stick with a ported box... as a matter of fact im tryin to find some different ones as i type lol. I just havent decided what i want wether upward/front facing, slot port/tube, multi chamber or open chamber... im soooo exited :D :D :D

i really wanna stick with a ported box... as a matter of fact im tryin to find some different ones as i type lol. I just havent decided what i want wether upward/front facing, slot port/tube, multi chamber or open chamber... im soooo exited :D :D :D

Mine is all open slot port. You need to check and see what your vented cu ft is for each sub. I'm sure 3 chambered slot ports would sound good. If you want an all open slot port, you might need to have that one made for you to work well with the subs you bought. I'll be taking my subs out again when this stuff comes in (and get you some inside pics) because everything is being rewired one last time with all new everything. I got addicted and spent $198.98 just on wire, terminals, fuse block, distribution block, fuses and I don't even remember what else. This don't include the 3 new subs. It's your fault slick. You started this thread and now look. Almost $500.00 later....... I'm staying away from ebay now. Oh yeah, I got 20 ft of 1/2" wire loom too. That was cheap though.

Go vented slick, it's gonna pound hard with what you bought. Your subs power handling is double what mine are. Make sure to get them the power they deserve.

Holy :q:q:q:q he actually bought some subs!! And Bostons too! I was just waiting for the "Hey check out these subs I bought for $7 each" :lol: :p

Holy :q:q:q:q he actually bought some subs!! And Bostons too! I was just waiting for the "Hey check out these subs I bought for $7 each" :lol: :p

lol, but you know we have to go through with the amp ordeal next and for now it's the box. It's good though that he's taking his time. This stuff adds up as you go and fast too. But yeah, I thought it would be another link to look at but it was a BOUGHT link. :)

If i were to have jumped into a decicios more than i already did i know i would be dissapointed. I always just snatch stuff up because im very very impatient. BUT this time i took some thought read into it and asked opinions and came up with a result.... 3 G5s... i cant wait till they get here, ima be happier than a tornado in a trailer park lol But now its deciding on a box and reassuring myself that i want that rf 1500.

If i were to have jumped into a decicios more than i already did i know i would be dissapointed. I always just snatch stuff up because im very very impatient. BUT this time i took some thought read into it and asked opinions and came up with a result.... 3 G5s... i cant wait till they get here, ima be happier than a tornado in a trailer park lol But now its deciding on a box and reassuring myself that i want that rf 1500.

Dont worry mang, I am teh same way. I see something and buy it then research it and find I could have done much better for the same price or less.
Few months ago I see these RC helicopters doing these crazy stunts so I go out and spend $450 on one just to break $80 in crap before it gets off the ground. I spend another $50 to LEARN how to get it off the ground and then while learning ho to get it off the ground I discover just how important getting back down is and spend anothe $100 on parts. On those parts I just snatched something up cause I thought it was a good deal. I finnaly learned how to fly that thing and then the part that was such a good deal is what caused it to just fall from the sky.... causeing another $160 in dammage. :mad:

Had I of researched more I would have found there was a better heli for just $10 more that would have been easier to fly and that the battery I bought is said to be the worst ever made and should not be used in a high performance brushless applicaation.

I also researched and discovered for what I want I bought too much helicopter. I spent $170 on a mSR and its the coolest heli ever made! I have over 140 flights on it and have spent $4.33 on parts. :lol:
I could have saved $900 had I just researched it first. :(

So yes, research on stuff you know only a little about is a very very inportant thing. :lol:

I agree, same goes for the subs I bought. If I would have done research first, I would have gotten three 12 ohm and not 4 ohm. Now that I have another wiring option, I'm only going to be losing 2 ohms from the amp. That should be just right for the amp I have and the subs also.

oh and i hope you guysknow when i posted that link for the mtx's..... i was referring to the box its self not the subs.... right before the link i had put unloaded

slick, the subs you bought take less air space sealed and ported. Me and Laser talked about it earlier and we came to the conclusion that this box would be best for you. http://www.caraudiocraze.com/subwoo...er-gsp310-triple-10-ported-box/prod_1244.html

Also, be careful of the size of the box because it is hell on me just to get it in the trunk. I can go get all three measurements if you want me to but if I had anything bigger, I'm not sure I could get it in. I have to go in at an angle and do all types of back and forth sliding to make it go but once it's in, it slides right up to the back seat with ease. I would just hate to see you get something and then not be able to get it in the trunk lol. I would try to stick with what the sub calls for sealed and or ported air space.

I'm sure Laser will come through with some input on air space but I mainly wanted to address the issue of size and also air space specs.

1.3 ported or 0.5 sealed per chamber is the recommendation for your subs.

Im thinkin they mean the dividers of the port, if you look youll see lil slots on the bottom... It the the same place that has the other groundshaker box so ima keep callin so i can get details on both those boxs

Members online

No members online now.
Back