subs and amp

Yeah, I can reverse the phase but I'll try that when I get the car back out again. Been raining all day today so it's not leaving the garage. Really, I'm trying to leave it there until rockauto gets my new 02's here. That should be Tuesday because they sent yesterday, Priority Mail. I would do it in the garage but my dads bedroom is just on the other side of the garage wall and he hates bass. I will give that a try though and see what happens. Never really thought about it until you mentioned it.

Dude, that 500/5 kicks fargin ass! It sounds so so nice. Didnt think it would sound better then the old Xtant but lows are much more solid and the mids are powerfull. :D

Well someone stole the brand new memphis m class' outta my buddies truck so it looks like i wont be selling him the box to start another build. I already designed it on sketchup and all...... hmph

Did I miss something? You selling your box? Whats wrong with it?

well i sold my box tonight just on the chance my buddies blazer was the same width so i dropped it in and wired up his m-classes sooo now that thats gone i know alil more of how i want to do it and how to do it better.... but the bright side is.... the box sounded AWESOME!!!

well i sold my box tonight just on the chance my buddies blazer was the same width so i dropped it in and wired up his m-classes sooo now that thats gone i know alil more of how i want to do it and how to do it better.... but the bright side is.... the box sounded AWESOME!!!

I put mine in the back of an Explorer before and it pounded hard in there. Blazer being a little smaller inside, I could imagine what it sounded like. So are you selling the subs too along with the box or did he have his own subs for it?

Honestly slick, unless you really wanna be banging things loose and will actually listen to music that loud, you really need nothing more than the new JL 10-W0's that I have in the same box you built pretty much. I'm not sure what it is you're after but after time with a system, it really does get old and then you'll realize how much money is being wasted. Right now you don't see this but you will. I know I could make mine hit harder with bigger and better stuff but let me explain. Right now, I can't keep a mirror on my windshield. I have one on there now with a new epoxy for mirrors and it's holding so far but I haven't really banged the new 10's that much.

I used to smoke from time to time in the car but if the stereo is on, NO SMOKING because it knocks the ashes off the cigarette. My speedo will jump 3 to 5 mph with the bass hits. Now all of this happens if I put the Kenwood on around 23 to 25 and the sub volume is set normally on 7 and sometimes 5. It's just something you have to justify spending a lot of money on vs. how much you'll really be in the car and if and when you are, how much will you really be beating that system hard enough to have that type of money invested. Something to think about.

I was going to get 10-W3's but the W0's are doing it just fine and better than I expected on a 6 ohm load. I love it. They don't require such a big amp, meaning less money. 500/1 by JL would do the trick for you.

I can honestly say that there are times when I drive from Madison, AL. to Decatur, AL. and never even turn the stereo on. It just gets old but I do know if I ever want the sound, I have it setting and waiting and there are times when I want it. I really think with the G5's and huge amp that it's a bit too much but that's just my opinion. Baby in the car means no boom. My son is 7 and he wants me to crank it loud but I don't go past 13 with him in there and that's still more than I want him to hear. Me alone, I'll go 18 to 22 and that's enough. Normal driving and being able to hear the engine, 9 is a good spot but no more than 11 if you still want to hear the engine a little.

Members online

Back