Show us your garage or workspace

Thanks guys! If I think of it, I'll take some better pictures of the shop and some current pics of the garage. It just doesn't typically cross my mind to shoot pics of where I'm working vs. what I'm working on.

As far as the '65 goes, the backstory on it is that my grandfather bought four of them new in '64 for his business (he was a General Contractor). This one was passed around between my Dad and my Uncle before it found it's way into the back room of the shop and went dormant for the past 25 years. We just moved it into the main room the day after Christmas, and I've already got it all blown apart and starting on the metalwork. The end goal is to build something cool for my parents to enjoy.

Thanks guys! If I think of it, I'll take some better pictures of the shop and some current pics of the garage. It just doesn't typically cross my mind to shoot pics of where I'm working vs. what I'm working on.

Since my garage fire from the Mark blowing up inside it, I have learned that keeping updated pics is a very good idea because you just never know what will happen. BTW, really do love the shop you have. Spacious and being heated and cooled is also nice too. Just a little cluttered but not bad at all. If no lift is in there, I would surely be getting one put in when you're able.

My dad also had a 65 Chevy SWB that be bought off an old woman because her husband had died. The old man had owned the truck since it was new. It had a straight 6 with 3 speed in the column. Not one ding was in that truck. My dad (for some stupid reason) took a 350 from a 69 RS SS with matching numbers, completely rebuilt from the ground up and he put that engine into the truck and shortly after, he sold the truck. The truck was the actual baby blue color with a white top and had always been garage kept. The bed looked barely used and the old lady said he rarely ever used it for carrying anything. It was a pretty truck when finished and it was extremely peppy with the engine he put in it. The engine had 13 miles on it when he swapped it from the 69 Camaro. Someone tried stealing it once when he was living in some apartments during a house build. The house before "moving into an apartment" was where he done the swap. This was back when I was 16 lol. Now I'm 44. Just thinking back makes me feel old. :p

I would show everyone pics of the garage but I don't think anyone would believe I do all the work that I have in my attached garage.
Besides.. Everything is packed away for the winter nap.

Basement shop, tho rearranged since.

P1120130.jpg

Garage...

P3240140.jpg

Dang....I was always taught not to covet, and be thankful for what I have, but you guys aren't making it easy on me. The wife and I are renting from my mother-in-law. Her house has a three stall garage, which may seem nice, but there is only room for one car...barley. Behind door #1 is my car, behind door #2 is a pop up camper piled full of crap, behind door #3 is what little space that I have to put my tool chest and our lawn mower. The mountain of junk behind door #3 is so vast in it's expanse that it flows into door #2, and #1. The only powered door is #1, #2 can't be opened from the out side, so that means going through door #3, crawling through stall #2 to push the button to open the door. Forget about using any air tools, the wiring from the house is two 12 gauge wires. All projects are all done in the spring, summer, and fall. This garage literally has no walling it's just (rotting) wood siding nailed to studs.

Thanks for sharing everybody. I've really been enjoying this thread; the awesome and not quite as awesome spaces... and ALL of our favorite cars who benefit from them. Yes, who, because my car gives me goosebumps at least once every time I drive her and is SO much more than an 'it.' :D

Dang....I was always taught not to covet, and be thankful for what I have, but you guys aren't making it easy on me...

I do feel your pain here. It's taken me two years to clean out 35 years of sh*t from the garage I'm using now. It was full of an ancient 'shed' that was covered with rat crap, dead sprinkler parts, dead Cadillac parts, every chemical known to man, drawers and doors that were all broken and tools absolutely everywhere. It took me close to ten trips to the dump and a fight everytime I tried to throw frackin' anything out. :shifty: I'm not completely finished yet as I intend to paint all the cabinetry and floor, but I'm eons ahead of where I started and I don't have to fight the Black Widows to get into my car anymore.

I'm sure you'll be able to create or find the kind of space that suits you, it just takes time. Hang in there!

I moved some stuff around and bought myself about 10 more inches, one mirror used to go over the other (but never touch) :confused:

park03.jpg

park02.jpg

I would show everyone pics of the garage but I don't think anyone would believe I do all the work that I have in my attached garage.
Besides.. Everything is packed away for the winter nap.

You dont have a garage...you have a colection point for parts! :p

I do feel your pain here. It's taken me two years to clean out 35 years of sh*t from the garage I'm using now. It was full of an ancient 'shed' that was covered with rat crap, dead sprinkler parts, dead Cadillac parts, every chemical known to man, drawers and doors that were all broken and tools absolutely everywhere. It took me close to ten trips to the dump and a fight everytime I tried to throw frackin' anything out. :shifty: I'm not completely finished yet as I intend to paint all the cabinetry and floor, but I'm eons ahead of where I started and I don't have to fight the Black Widows to get into my car anymore.

I'm sure you'll be able to create or find the kind of space that suits you, it just takes time. Hang in there!

The bitch of it is that my mother-in-law doesn't want me to get rid of any of this crap. There are rolls of moldy carpet, broken head boards, a mattress with a hole burned in it. I found a box of knives and kitchen utensils rusted beyond repair. I should take a pic this week :D

cough..... there this show called "Hoarders".... :D

Yeah, they clean out your junk, and pay you to be on tv

Fightin with spiders is fun :) i torched a black widow at Lasers old place, now I get to play with Brown Recluses and Wolf Spiders

I cant wait to be able to insulate and heat my building but it is going to cost me a fortune to insulate it... :(

My garage had ZERO insulation in it when I bought house. I did the blow in stuff myself,renting the machine from HD and it was not alot of money. Little messy but not bad. Plus if your walls are already up what are you to do?

I just bought and cut 2" thick rigid foam insulation to cover the window openings of ours.

The back wall and half of both sides are buried in the hillside so it's more than adequately insulated there. The framed walls are all insulated as well. I'm not worried about sunlight getting in, because of the over abundance of flourescent lights on the ceiling.

In fact, I think the Shop is better off than the house itself.

My garage had ZERO insulation in it when I bought house. I did the blow in stuff myself,renting the machine from HD and it was not alot of money. Little messy but not bad. Plus if your walls are already up what are you to do?

the inside is not finished, I want to put a ceiling in and then put insulation in for that and then blow it in the walls and finish those. Currently i have a torpedo heater... 32x60 with 16' ceilings is going to take a lot of material...

the inside is not finished, I want to put a ceiling in and then put insulation in for that and then blow it in the walls and finish those. Currently i have a torpedo heater... 32x60 with 16' ceilings is going to take a lot of material...

You are going to spend pretty penny walling,insulating and putting in ceiling in the Basketball court.

I snapped a pic showing the other corner of the garage while I was in there earlier tonight. If I think of it, I'll get some better pictures of the shop this weekend while I'm working on the '65.

garage-1_zpsbf0a91f1.jpg

A current picture of the wall of carnage:

shelfofcarnage_zps3ea88802.jpg

How about some garage/car art? I made these lamps for the family room a couple of weeks ago out of a pair of intake cams and some other parts. The lampshades that the girlfriend bought cost me twice as much as the lamp parts.
lamp1_zps5d0566e6.jpg

lamp2_zpsc5d35a58.jpg

I also welded up a little hanger for my droplights out of a pair of SC rockers and a SBC pushrod.
hanger_zps151adf4d.jpg

I have a pair of fenderwell headers for my SBC-powered CJ-7 and a blower belt from a 8-71'd BBC hanging in the shop...that's pretty much the extent of the "wall art" over there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back