Sapperfire and his cross-gen....der

What was the PM? Im indtrigued... Also, I like that custom HID ballast mounting...

What was the PM? Im indtrigued... Also, I like that custom HID ballast mounting...
Same stupid questions he always has about something he will never do on a car that he will never buy.

I'm not sure if I'm liking it yet, maybe once I get a grill in it and paint it'll grow on me

If I stay with a Gen1 front end I know I'm going to delete the Base strip in the bumper as well as delete the "Lincoln", HID will be a must, or it's going back to Gen 2...So basically it'll be February/March before anything happens to it cosmedically. So at that time I'll be hunting for lights just like everyone else..if I can't find any 96 LSC HID housings near mint then I'll buy some NIB aftermarket Gen2 lights and make it look like Blue_t's with a cobra bumper

Parts car guys...:shifty:
1207a9e1.jpg

jeremy, dont rattle can it. go to autozone and buy 2 cans of that duplicolor black enamel. its real car paint in a quart, its already mixed and ready to spray, and its cheap, then go to harbor freight or home depot and get a cheap ass gravity gun. wet sand the blue nose with 800 grit, wipe it all down a few times with prep-all and blue shop towels, then tape the whole car off with some sheets of plastic, once taped wipe it down with a tack cloth and spray a few light coats its really easy to do just take your time, it shouldnt cost you more than 100 bucks for all of it. it will come out 10 X better than a rattle can even if you mess up a little hear and there its worth it.

Parts car guys...:shifty:
1207a9e1.jpg

Sure GMAN, I appreciate the donation, just drop it off at Bills, I should at least have enough cash to help you with gas to tow it up here..once again..thanks for the DONATION..you're a great guy bro

You can even have the 93 as a trade for the metal, still has the 93 Shaft and ECU in it, and the X pipe, all the suspension is still new on it too

All I really need to make it right (Gen2) is both headlights, left fender, bumper foam and cover, headlight mounting frame, and a smog pump..I'd give ya the 93 just for that stuff

The correct term is transGENder. A gen 1 nose on a gen 2 would be considered a female to male.

At this point I'm just glad it's not "wrecked", but I'm not sold on the transformation..the headlights are really bothering me..looks horrible..yes it needs paint and a grill, and I know that will help a lot.. But I've been looking at this picture for 3 days
4f6efd4d.jpg

Maybe once I get my check i can go to the beach! That'll make it better!

e0d73adc.jpg

:(

Time to see if I have any body skills at all...

b4c3e7c9.jpg

$12 with military discount

Here goes nothin!

Jamie- did you mean Lacquer? They dont carry "enamel" in a pre-mix, only in rattle cans

At this point I'm just glad it's not "wrecked", but I'm not sold on the transformation..the headlights are really bothering me..looks horrible..yes it needs paint and a grill, and I know that will help a lot.. But I've been looking at this picture for 3 days
4f6efd4d.jpg

Maybe once I get my check i can go to the beach! That'll make it better!

e0d73adc.jpg

:(

That's a pic from my 93 in the Keys... Dude, once you paint it ALL black (grill & trims) you won't regret your transformation. YES, you will want to eventually spend the cash on a set of LSC headlights. those headlights literally make or break a 1st Gen!

78eb253a.jpg

Started sanding it down, the last guy that shot this bumper apparently didn't do any prep work..it's all flaking..so I used my linoleum knife to scrape the paint out of the channel where the trim is..using 180 grit to smooth it down faster, there's tons of rock chips :(..I may have to take it all the way down to the plastic and start all over

482bda3c.jpg

yes i meant laquer. are you sanding it by hand??? you will be there for a year! if you dont have air and a D.A go get one of these at least its better than hand and cheap.
26088436-100x100-0-0.jpg

Bill has my orbital buffer...but it has a buffing pad STUCK on it and we can't get it off...once he absolutely burns the pad up I'll just cut it off..until then, yeah I'm using my hand :-(

I've never done ANY body work before.. So I don't have all the stuffs to do it
I would love to be able to just run out and buy all the fancy stuff to make it easy, but I can't, I have $49 until my wife gets paid on Tuesday, then I get paid on Friday and we have to pay rent with that. I've been looking for a better job, theres just nothing in my area that pays well. I would be all for moving, but her parents live here and watch the kids. I could go back off-shore and weld, but OMG thats a hard life

I'm just damned if I do and damned if I dont

i'd let you borrow all my body tools, you'd be lost with the pile i have lol, but you are a little far to borrow it. i'm finally bringing my compressor home this weekend i moved out of my shop the 1st of june lmfao. i am slow! gotta unpack all my body tools Blue_T is gonna be coming by one of the weekends coming up to duplicate my hood and bumper like his car so i hope i dont upset any neighbors!!!

Screw the neighbors, they'll get over it.
Trust me.. I know.
As long as the over spray isn't blowing on their cars... Lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back