Sapperfire and his cross-gen....der

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Earlier today his wife was using the car and it lost power. The computer seems to be failing. When it lost power the brakes and steering became too much for her and she put it into a poll. :(

1315847291354.jpg

So since it couldnt be driven like that and no money or parts were available we just installed the 93's nose on it. I kinda like it. With paint and a grill and some HID lenses it will look pretty cool! Just have to swap the lower cowl setup with the 93s yet cause the 98's hits the hood and keeps it a little high but with the 93 cowl mount it should work fine. Dont hit the engine at all.

IMGP0020-1.jpg

IMGP0021.jpg

IMGP0023-1.jpg

IMGP0025.jpg

IMGP0024.jpg

IMGP0029.jpg

that sucks...

but damn thats cool!! how long did it take for you guys to swap everything over?

Besides switching the cowl, you'll have to notch the hood a little bit to clear the EGR valve. Also have to use the 1st gen hood latch, and the piece it bolts to on the core support.

Quick work guys! Great to have a friend that will help out when you need it the most!!

If my old lady did that to my car she would know better then to ever come home

It wasn't her fault though. These cars are a handful when the power steering and brakes suddenly ain't there.

She's looking great! Awesome work.
So, didja go back and burn down those dead bushes? "There, you can take your damn poles out now..."

It wasn't her fault though. These cars are a handful when the power steering and brakes suddenly ain't there.

For what it's worth a couple years ago the first Mark me & my gf owned, the power steering pump failed in the middle of winter.

GF made it through winter no problems. (Although the snow on the ground probably helped her steer. Fixed the thing on the first warm day. :cool:)

Swap over a couple interior parts and you can sell it to Deb. Isn't this exactly what she was looking for?
Good luck Sap, hope you get it all back together.

She's looking great! Awesome work.
So, didja go back and burn down those dead bushes? "There, you can take your damn poles out now..."
Not an excuse...she be dead but i avoid her driving my car at all costs...she gets a 1995 cougar

Glad to see you guys got it done again.

My wife won't drive mine. Last night she had to go out and I said just take the Mark as it was the last in the driveway and I didn't want to go move it for her. She said no she won't drive it because if something happened then she couldn't come home :p

I think I'm going to be spending a lot of the tax money next year making it how I want it..after I buy her a tank and a helmet
I'm glad we didn't send the 93 off for scrap yet, sure came in handy

Or I could just paint it all black and toss in HID housing and just be glad it works...and sell it to Debbie

I was kinda wondering if maybe the Superchip had gone bad and was causing the issues, but I removed it last night and that didn't cure the symptoms..so I have another ECU from a 97 on the way -thanks Nolan

It took us about 4 hours to do the swap.. mainly because we goof
Off some..I'm tired at the end of the day from working on cars all day in the heat. So I don't work as fast when I'm not
Getting paid for it

Thanks again for the help bill.. Now I'm gonna go to Jack in the Box and get more egg rolls and be all nom nom nom

That really sucks! Hope your wife wasn't injured. Be thankful that you have the skills and Bill to fix it up. Better that she hit the bushes then another car. No insurance claim. Hope your luck gets better.

It took us about 4 hours to do the swap.. mainly because we goof
Off some..I'm tired at the end of the day from working on cars all day in the heat. So I don't work as fast when I'm not
Getting paid for it

Thanks again for the help bill.. Now I'm gonna go to Jack in the Box and get more egg rolls and be all nom nom nom

For some reason that cracked me up..

I may just toss in some 96 HIDs when we get taxes next year, get the body work done and paint and call it quits

Can't let a car milk me dry forever..

that sucks...

but damn thats cool!! how long did it take for you guys to swap everything over?
It took about 4 hours. Prolly a little less if we wernt stopping to tell jokes or stories every few minutes. :lol:
:shifty:
Besides switching the cowl, you'll have to notch the hood a little bit to clear the EGR valve. Also have to use the 1st gen hood latch, and the piece it bolts to on the core support.
Hey thanks! We had no idea. Being it was rubbing the 2nd gen cowl we thought it was fine. We also just used bungee cords and gum to hold the hood down.
/sarcasm :p

I expected the EGR to hit but it wasnt. I am sure when he comes back so we can swap the lower cowl parts to put the upper cowl back on and the hood drops a couple mills that we will have to notch around it.
I was more suprised it cleared the plenum. Thought for sure the IAC or throttle cables would hit.
HID's or ban
+1
Swap over a couple interior parts and you can sell it to Deb. Isn't this exactly what she was looking for?
Good luck Sap, hope you get it all back together.
:lol: We were even talking about that as we were working.
pm ignored
For some reason that cracked me up..
He had never had them before and around 1am we got starving and I ordered some. He ate some of my order and was hooked! :lol:
lookin good man. i'd rock that no problem.

I really like it. I always liked the gen 1 nose but thought it looked a little dated. UltimateSVTs I really like all blacked out though so we will prolly do that after finding another grill to mod.

Originally Posted by K-FAN
pm sent

pm ignored

LMFAO TO ME, THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING WRITTEN IN HERE I LOVE YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR BILL EVEN WHEN SOME WONT UNDERSTAND WHY ITS FUNNY!!
sorry to see this jeremy, but at least it still runs and drives, and your wife isnt hurt. i pick on gen 1's alot but i do like the way a gen 2 looks with a gen 1 nose, it does look cool. just get it painted black, get some hid's and rock it that way, it wont look bad at all. charger did it and his looks sweet.

fail...who are you PMing..you didn't send me anything

I'm gonna make it look as decent as I can with a rattle can, went to the JY after work to check out there 2 96 LSCs, oddly both had regular light housings, but they are in real nice shape, I'll snag a pair next week, the black one has a nice front bumper too, I may grab it to delete that ugly stripe even tho it's $70...I dunno, body filler might work. I need to get some practice on body work anyway

Members online

No members online now.
Back