RotorPros Brake Package Special GB...

Pretty happy with the set on the LS and the Mustang.

P1040075.jpg

has anyone had any problems with squeaking after a while with the posi-quiet ceramic pads? how difficult is it to install the SS lines yourself? i think i remember Quik posting a link back in the day. i'll try searching....

I remember something like, they only work on the Front brake lines.. there are no rear SS lines. I could be wrong.

300 gen2, 325 gen1 I think it was. Gen2's dpnt have rear ss lines anymore. I dont know if there ever was but if they use to make them, they dont anymore. I think gcwimmer has a gen2 with ss lines, maybe he got lucky and got some rears while they had them. Gen1 have both front and rear ss line so it's a little more.

300 gen2, 325 gen1 I think it was. Gen2's dpnt have rear ss lines anymore. I dont know if there ever was but if they use to make them, they dont anymore. I think gcwimmer has a gen2 with ss lines, maybe he got lucky and got some rears while they had them. Gen1 have both front and rear ss line so it's a little more.

You too can get "lucky", just order them from Ken, you can get both, front only or rear only:http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/stainless-steel-brake-lines-p-126.php

You too can get "lucky", just order them from Ken, you can get both, front only or rear only:http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/stainless-steel-brake-lines-p-126.php

Yes, I did that. The rear lines didn't come at all close to fitting either of my gen II. I offered him that I would accept the one bracket required to make it such that I could use the rear lines on the front of my other LS, instead of a refund. He said he would send it, but that was months ago and I've yet to see it. I'm thinking that's a hundred I just flushed. I wouldn't want anyone else to make the same mistake.

Yes, I did that. The rear lines didn't come at all close to fitting either of my gen II. I offered him that I would accept the one bracket required to make it such that I could use the rear lines on the front of my other LS, instead of a refund. He said he would send it, but that was months ago and I've yet to see it. I'm thinking that's a hundred I just flushed. I wouldn't want anyone else to make the same mistake.

Interesting, this where I bought my front and rear SS lines for my 2004, followed Quik LS tech article, did not have to change any of the brackets, it has been about five years, things must have changed.

Is this sh!t still happening?

How hard is it to do brakes, I never done them before.

Also what is the point of getting the painted ones? Can you even see the paint?

Is this sh!t still happening?

hey i want to buy the SS brake lines as well, is this still going on? the front brakes are super easy to do. the rears i've never done but i plan on getting the tool to do the rears

Yeah it is still happening. Well he still honors tht package deal from this forum. Gen2 guys, they dont make ss line for the rears anymore so you'll only get the fronts. Gen1 you'll get both. I guess you can't really see the painted center. I dont really know but oh well, I already bought mine painted black. Dont think it's hard to do. I haven't put mine on because I have no time, but I will soon.

I put mine on last week, and have no complaints. It was $370 shipped for everything and took about 9 days to get them. Make sure you have a big socket to get the bolt off that holds the rear rotor on.

not too bad if you have the right tools, old ones come off and the new ones go on, its one of the easier jobs that one can do to a car, slightly harder than doing an oil change, with the brake lines and bleeding all of the old fluid out it probably took about than an hour per corner, and that included painting the caliper to match. the first side will of course take the longest but after you know what you need to do the rest will go pretty easy.

you can see it a little with the stock wheels, the more "open" your wheels are the more you will see, especially if there is less wheel near the center

Before you put your money down, please look at the post further down the screen regarding new rotors. The major difference seems to be the inclusion of the braided-stainless lines. They are available individually for far less than the difference in the two deals.
KS

I contacted Rich today and he said 350 for my Gen1 shipped. Going to order today, god bless the search button!!!!!

im thinking of ordering this for my ls needs the brakes done are the Ceramic pads 10 each or is it just 10 added to the 350 ?

I put mine on last week, and have no complaints. It was $370 shipped for everything and took about 9 days to get them. Make sure you have a big socket to get the bolt off that holds the rear rotor on.

I've got a set of these i was going to install this weekend. Quick question for anyone.

Some auto stores note that the Rear rotor bolt (iirc they called for a nut) is a single use part that should be replaced when removed. But there are none in stock and are calling for 7-10 day delivery, pushing my install back another week.

Did anyone just reuse this part, or any other input on this?

Members online

No members online now.
Back