Rear Toe Link / Tie Rod / Lateral Bar, options other then ford?

Now that everything is properly aligned, I notice no difference in regular driving.

It has solved my rear end vibration.

with a slight toe-out in the rear end, it turns in just as tightly as it did when I bought the car.

FWIW, I ordered the Motorcraft OEM parts from parts.com in late June - they showed out of stock, but had them within 2 weeks. So they are still being manufactured, the supply is just a bit lower than demand.

I ordered Max's last two on Tuesday, August 9th. You may want to call him and see when he will have some in stock.

I ordered Max's last two on Tuesday, August 9th. You may want to call him and see when he will have some in stock.

I received mine from Max today. Here they are:

SNC00470.jpg

Am I the only one who cannot find them on rock auto? Even searching for JA-L607 turns up nothing. Guess i'll have to order from one of the other distributors listed. Just thought it was weird.

it is because they are sold out, they have had only 1 in stock for the past week or two, so they must have sold it

here is how i found it
Lincoln > 2003 > LS > 3.9 > Suspension > Stabilizer bar links

now if only they get off their lazy asses and order some more! i really dont feel like spending the extra $12 each on amazon.

Installed mine new toe links last weekend. Had my tires balanced, rotated and had the car aligned. It handles and rides like new again!

DSC00910.1.jpg

DSC00911.1.jpg

DSC00912.1.jpg

DSC00913.1.jpg

DSC00914.1.jpg

DSC00915.1.jpg

DSC00916.1.jpg

Installed mine new toe links last weekend. Had my tires balanced, rotated and had the car aligned. It handles and rides like new again!

4th picture from the top, boot is ripped on your sway bar end link. I'd probably add it to the list of things to replace. As rusty as they look, I can't imagine they are in good shape if the boots are ripped.

I so bad need to do this and the rear end links also. Did you do it yourself?

I replaced them myself. My advice is to have an electric body saw to cut the old one out and buy some new nuts for the new toe link. The bolts close to the rotor were easy to remove but the other nut was a pain. Easiest to cut it off.

4th picture from the top, boot is ripped on your sway bar end link. I'd probably add it to the list of things to replace. As rusty as they look, I can't imagine they are in good shape if the boots are ripped.

Thanks for looking at that. I was debating whether or not to change those as well but decided I would wait on them. They are on the list to replace.

Putting new parts in there makes you want to replace everything just based on the contrast from rust to new. :p

I just ordered 4 from Max myself with rear sway bar endlinks. Mights as well do both cars at the same time.

Welp, mine showed up today, albeit the non-steering variety.

Hopefully get these suckers installed this coming weekend.

bars.jpg

Welp, mine showed up today, albeit the non-steering variety.

Hopefully get these suckers installed this coming weekend.

Just out of curiousity, are those greasable? Or non-greasable like the OE ones? I'm guessing they aren't greasable, as people would probably blow the boots out.

Installed the bars today. I would say that it eliminated about 90% of all the vibration I was having. There is still an ever so slight vibration in the steering wheel but not at all like it was. The drivers side bushing that connects to the knuckle had about an 1/4 of movement it was so shot.

bar1.jpg

bar2.jpg

If you are feeling vibration in the steering wheel, it's extremely unlikely that it's coming from the rear end. You need to look at the components of your front suspension.

KS

I'd recommend replacing that sway bar link!

looks pretty well torn.
Agreed.

If you are feeling vibration in the steering wheel, it's extremely unlikely that it's coming from the rear end. You need to look at the components of your front suspension.

KS
That's true on changing front end components, but the vibration in the steering wheel before replacing the rods was horrible. The vibration definitely was translating to the wheel.

So, my car is at Chapman Ford having the Jag Aluminum TStat housing installed and I've also asked them to investigate the hollow thud coming from (what I thought was the front) under the car. My service Rep has been really helpful and came back and told me:

"On the suspension, you have noises from the back more then the front. Both rear tie rod ends are worn, the lower control arm bushings are coming apart and the upper ones are starting to come apart."

Is my rep talking about what you guys are fixing in this thread?

Thanks in advance!

So, my car is at Chapman Ford having the Jag Aluminum TStat housing installed and I've also asked them to investigate the hollow thud coming from (what I thought was the front) under the car. My service Rep has been really helpful and came back and told me:

"On the suspension, you have noises from the back more then the front. Both rear tie rod ends are worn, the lower control arm bushings are coming apart and the upper ones are starting to come apart."

Is my rep talking about what you guys are fixing in this thread?

Thanks in advance!

Everything except the bushings. But those go bad too. I know that some of them are fluid filled and can leak and break down. I believe it's the lower arm that has them. Either way, when they go bad they squeak or thump.

Your option is to replace the arm (which comes with new bushings), or hunt around and get the jag bushings to put in them, which the dealer doesn't like to do. Both options work, just a matter of $$$ and time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back