Rear Toe Link / Tie Rod / Lateral Bar, options other then ford?

It looks a lot like the one for the LS. Nice find, but not certain if it works. Wonder if there is a way to cross reference?

Can someone post a picture or diagram of the pieces that are being talked about in this thread??? I recently developed a major high pitched squeak on my passenger side rear when going over dips and i need an idea what we are talking about!

THX

Can someone post a picture or diagram of the pieces that are being talked about in this thread??? I recently developed a major high pitched squeak on my passenger side rear when going over dips and i need an idea what we are talking about!

THX

It looks exactly like what DeMarco posted two posts up. It's item 21 in this diagram: http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6x42004.htm~gen~ref.htm

It's not that something else can't be made to fit. It actually looks pretty easy since it's a straight piece without any bends/etc. The only question is how much it will affect the rear suspension since the stock one is designed to compress with load and give you a kind of 4-wheel passive steering. There are three options here: Find an LS suspension guru and ask him about it; Do it the hard way and just slap something on there and see how it works; Hope Ford keeps making the parts.

I'm by no means a suspension geometry expert so I have no clue how the car would react. As a guess, I would imagine it would make the car feel pretty loose when the suspension flexes at the extremes. Probably not much of a difference with regular daily driving. Those are my guesses. Feel free to correct me :)

Gotta say Tasca looks good but I had to request the price of one of their parts. It wasn't listed for some reason. They haven't got back to me it's been over a week.

Just a thought---
There are several ways to 'repair' the existing components. For example, it should be possible to get new bushings from Energy Suspension to replace the worn rubber items. The 'suspension' end could be cut off and a Heim substituted. (I believe the 'passive' rear-steer is largely advertising hype anyway!)

Lots of possibilities short of fabricating all new!

KS

Just a thought---
I believe the 'passive' rear-steer is largely advertising hype anyway!)
KS

It's not. There is a collapsible bushing in the "expanded" section of the link. It isn't full blown 4-wheel steering, but it allows a change in toe under tension. Remove the link and see how much the rear knuckle moves. It's a good inch or so.

I would suspect that a solid link would induce a rather unsettling amount of oversteer.

It's not. There is a collapsible bushing in the "expanded" section of the link. It isn't full blown 4-wheel steering, but it allows a change in toe under tension. Remove the link and see how much the rear knuckle moves. It's a good inch or so.

I would suspect that a solid link would induce a rather unsettling amount of oversteer.

Then all the more reason to replace the end(s) and leave the middle alone! (Unless it, too has failed.) And you could re-do the pivot points to remove the inch of slop!

KS

Deeza Chassis confirmed the Ford part is identical to the Jaguar alignment link, which they already mfr.

p/n is JA-L607

Heres an amazon link.

http://www.amazon.com/Deeza-Chassis-Parts-JA-L607-Stabilizer/dp/B0032C40G8

They are about the same price as OEM, but if any of you are having trouble getting them through tasca, or FPN... this is at least another avenue to go through.

And from RockAuto, it is 69.89/ea
Just search for JAL607 on their site.

Deeza Chassis confirmed the Ford part is identical to the Jaguar alignment link, which they already mfr.

p/n is JA-L607

Heres an amazon link.

They are about the same price as OEM, but if any of you are having trouble getting them through tasca, or FPN... this is at least another avenue to go through.

Guess I'll know where to get my next one from :)

p/n is JA-L607

Heres an amazon link.

You doing the footwork on that is greatly appreciated, and will most likely help a lot of folks here in the future. Thanks! :cool:

No problem, I need them too, so I might as well spend the extra 3 minutes to post up my findings.

The great thing though, this company is willing to at least attempt to design new parts for any of the OEM suspension parts, if they go obsolete from Ford.

I'm ordering my new arms once I will actually have time to install them (new baby as of Saturday has pretty much exhausted any down time I used to have)

I need these too as well as the end links. When I put my springs in, I'm going to measure the bushings in the control arms with my caliper tool that I just bought so hopefully this will help out a lot of members who would like to replace them as well.

Deeza has updated RockAuto's catalog to reflect the updated product description for the toe link.

It can now be found under the LS section (2000-05) under stabilizer link bars.

Deeza has updated RockAuto's catalog to reflect the updated product description for the toe link.

It can now be found under the LS section (2000-05) under stabilizer link bars.

Hope you included 06 in there :)

It's like the lost LS. Everyone always forgets it :(

I need these too as well as the end links. When I put my springs in, I'm going to measure the bushings in the control arms with my caliper tool that I just bought so hopefully this will help out a lot of members who would like to replace them as well.

Both upper and lower? The rear lower bushings (ball joint type, not the rubber ones) are available here for the S-Type (should fit for us as well) http://www.thejaguarshop.com/Jaguar/special_details/RG 109.htm

I am just going to measure and replace all the boots and bushings with energy suspesion ones. The metal is old, but strong. I don't see any reason to spend $400 on parts when $60 woth of ES bushings will solve the problem.

Finally got around to ordering my toe links.

$140 and change shipped (for 2 links) with 5% discount coupon on rockauto.

I just got around to ordering mine today from Rockauto also. Can't wait to raplace them and hopefully get rid of the annoying hight speed vibration and deteriorated dust boots. I'll be sure to take pics and post results on fitment and if it fixes my problem.

same. And I got pretty good at dialing in the alignment...

Did the rear alignment myself when I threw the junkyard peice on, and went to the dealer to have the rear end alignment checked, and I was within .10* of toe.

Got my Deeza toe rods today from Rock Auto. They look a little different but look like they should work fine. I'll get them installed this weekend.

same here. but mine look identical to stock ones.

Should have both installed saturday.

So I lied...

The Jaguar links lose the passive rear steering feature of the LS arms.

The cars on jackstands, but I cant find my 18mm wrench for the ball joint nut. grr... Now I have to wait till my wife gets home to go anywhere

Members online

Back