Rear Toe Link / Tie Rod / Lateral Bar, options other then ford?

I think I found a link for a set of moogs for less than $50 a piece, no picture and minimal fitment data... I'll update you guys when I know if they fit or not.

PartsGeek - Mevotech CMS401243 47.33 each
partsonline.mevotech.com
I liked the price and the look of the part though partsgeek not my favorite source But anyway I ordered a pair and I'll certainly give feedback after I'm able to drive with them.

my originals were shot on 2005 LS V6 w/140k miles. Replaced frt upr control arms, sway bar links on frt and rr and Lateral Links - all using Mevotech after 10k miles just put on the Lateral Links. The Mevotech Lateral Links do perform well. Running through the cloverleafs up and down highway 95 and through a few roundabouts where they eliminated lights shows me how good this passive steering is suppose to work. This really feels nice and well worth it. The difference is clear.
IMG_20171022_163836.jpg

Delphi has some with passive steering feature also
Delphi TA3054 JEG's has them for 45.99 each....
Looks like they caught on to the demand...

Guys, what is your opinion on Lemförder rear toe links, that come for Jaguar?
I know some members here had experience with this brand.
Thanks.

s-l500.jpg

their quality parts no doubt. So you like the idea using a solid link without the passive steering feature designed into the LS . I thought the reason why others are using alternatives is due to availability or high cost. Original Ford parts many times are out of stock, so people desperately searched other suppliers. I hope people are seeing this.. their are at least 2 quality part manufacturers that built in the Passive Steering feature - Delphi part# TA3054 - Mevotech part# CMS401243

their quality parts no doubt. So you like the idea using a solid link without the passive steering feature designed into the LS . I thought the reason why others are using alternatives is due to availability or high cost. Original Ford parts many times are out of stock, so people desperately searched other suppliers. I hope people are seeing this.. their are at least 2 quality part manufacturers that built in the Passive Steering feature - Delphi part# TA3054 - Mevotech part# CMS401243
Actually this is due to the availability and high cost of the OEM part, especially as I am outside of the US, so its not about preferring the non-passive steering feature. It might be that I missed aftermarket brands such as Mevotech and Delphi with non-passive feature, I hardly find any pics of those parts even, so I've been thinking that only OEM parts come with it and are reliable enough.

Last edited:
Actually this is due to the availability and high cost of the OEM part, especially as I am outside of the US, so its not about preferring the non-passive steering feature. It might be that I missed aftermarket brands such as Mevotech and Delphi with non-passive feature, I hardly find any pics of those parts even, so I've been thinking that only OEM parts come with it and are reliable enough.
I purchased and just received the Mevotech passive steer toe links. They look ant feel solid. Cant give performance report yet cause car on jackstands with no engine but that will be rectified soon and I will report back.

I purchased and just received the Mevotech passive steer toe links. They look ant feel solid. Cant give performance report yet cause car on jackstands with no engine but that will be rectified soon and I will report back.
Thanks for the update heyjewel ...I need these parts and appreciate the update...Where did you purchase these Mevotech?

For the Mevotech's, Rock Auto is another option. I just received two of the Mevotech units from them at $39.79 each.

For the Mevotech's, Rock Auto is another option. I just received two of the Mevotech units from them at $39.79 each.

I just searched rock again and I don't see those anywhere?

I just searched rock again and I don't see those anywhere?

It's was a treasure hunt. :D

They have them buried in the wrong area. Go to the steering section and they are about half way down under the "Daily Driver" section.

Members online

No members online now.
Back