Rear Toe Link / Tie Rod / Lateral Bar, options other then ford?

rear toe links

That is the set I bought , they are just across the state from me , I like the sway bar links that he sells because they are greasable , as far as the alignment I ran a string down each side just touching the front and back edge of the tire's front and rear , some time you have to budge the steering wheel to get it straight , then I would adjust the rear links to get the toe in right , once it is corrected , roll the car back and forth and recheck it , believe me it works well , I have 60,+++ thou on a set of Kumo's with a little life to go , not much , but a little Frank T

That is the set I bought , they are just across the state from me , I like the sway bar links that he sells because they are greasable , as far as the alignment I ran a string down each side just touching the front and back edge of the tire's front and rear , some time you have to budge the steering wheel to get it straight , then I would adjust the rear links to get the toe in right , once it is corrected , roll the car back and forth and recheck it , believe me it works well , I have 60,+++ thou on a set of Kumo's with a little life to go , not much , but a little Frank T

The seller let me forward the additional $11 and sent the sway bar links....which was decent of him.

I have a 3 year alignment, so I just took it in and will let them do it.

DANRS, how are the rear toe links doing?

Mine are doing fine. For what it's worth I replaced the sway bar bushings and the rattle is gone.(different thread where guy thought his rattle was from these parts)

Thanks.
Do you know what brand they are? I just bought a bunch of deeza parts to do my suspension.

Any update on the quality of that set of stabilizer and sway bar links from Ebay? That's a deal. If they are deutsche parts than I am apprehensive, they are not synonymous with quality. However, if I can stick with OEM style and keep that expandable sleeve for "passive four wheel steering" then I will.

Yeah, I can't hold off too long on this decision because I know just how bad mine are and I am leaning towards the Deeza ones.

... and here I am now also, needing these linkage parts to refresh the rear end.

Any luck Chris ?

Negative, I think I am going to just pull the trigger on the Deeza ones. I was gonna wait until I ordered my shocks and the just do everything at once, but the lady has a few trips planned so I might hold off on those for a while but the links simply cannot wait.

Might add the Moog sway bar links at the same time, mine don't look bad but they don't look great either. The picture of those moog sway bar links that mlara129 just posted make me want to replace em. So much beefier than stock.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?89016-What-did-you-do-to-your-LS-today&p=2037304464&viewfull=1#post2037304464

yup, "while you got your pants down" might as well. I'm going to start ordering some parts up this evening,
need two new front wheel bearings for the wife's car as well, so Rockauto.com it is. Consolidate the shipping.

which reminds me, one of the grease nips on my front Moog end links over turned. need to put a larger one on there or JBweld that sucker in place.

which reminds me, one of the grease nips on my front Moog end links over turned. need to put a larger one on there or JBweld that sucker in place.

Had the same issue. Not buying greasable suspension components ever again. Not to mention how much dirt accumulates on the fittings.

Had the same issue. Not buying greasable suspension components ever again. Not to mention how much dirty accumulates on the fittings.

Yes, I haven't seen the greasable ones last any longer than the sealed ones, so why add the extra pain of having to grease them?

Any update on the quality of that set of stabilizer and sway bar links from Ebay? That's a deal. If they are deutsche parts than I am apprehensive, they are not synonymous with quality. However, if I can stick with OEM style and keep that expandable sleeve for "passive four wheel steering" then I will.

so I bought a pair of these (Ebay ones) last year, I wanted to get oem, but i was having trouble finding a place that had a pair in stock, so i would wait a couple of weeks and check again. after not wasting to wait any more, i gave in and ordered them.

after putting them on, my car became dangerously loose, and the rear end would just try to jump out around the car, i used the old ones i took out to get the new ones close enough to get to the alignment shop. if the advancetrac was left on, the car would freak out when turning even slow from a dead stop.

the shop gave it an alignment, and during the test drive, they noticed the same thing. turns out both parts were defective and allowed way too much movement at the expended section. i can see one bad part, but getting two just shows how poor the parts are.

didnt feel like waiting any longer so i ordered the Deeza parts (got an email that the OEM parts came back in stock a couple of days after ordering, go figure), they went on without a problem and have worked great for the couple thousand miles since.

The DEEZA Part # JAL607 and no problems noticing anything missing with respect to the passive rear steering ?

That's what I was thinking, not like I'm doing autocross with it or anything.

Members online

No members online now.
Back