Post your Black 97-98 Marks with aftermarket wheels

They are 19 in front and 20 in rear,and yes 19's in my opinion look great but, are not the best choice for wheels sense the tires are almost twice the price of 20's. i staggered them because i didn't think 20's on the front would look as good as the 19's do,and 18's looked too small with the 20's on the rear,these are big cars so if you take the "size number" out of the equation and just put on the wheels that fit the car and look good without looking to big or to small. this is what i came up with that i liked.everyone has there own different taste and opinion some say they are too big others say they are to wide,that's there opinion and i respect that.that is what makes this forum cool.

They are 19 in front and 20 in rear,and yes 19's in my opinion look great but, are not the best choice for wheels sense the tires are almost twice the price of 20's. i staggered them because i didn't think 20's on the front would look as good as the 19's do,and 18's looked too small with the 20's on the rear,these are big cars so if you take the "size number" out of the equation and just put on the wheels that fit the car and look good without looking to big or to small. this is what i came up with that i liked.everyone has there own different taste and opinion some say they are too big others say they are to wide,that's there opinion and i respect that.that is what makes this forum cool.

Can you make another cowl hood like that for $$$? I need one bad!

Can you make another cowl hood like that for $$$? I need one bad!

i tried to make a cowl hood one time but the mold stuck to my hood and broke.i can make just a cowl they arent that hard to make,but me having time is another story,my mark hasnt been started in about 2 months,i need to get it out of the garage and clean the dust off it

this hood might make a nice project for the 2nd Gen
2010_ford_mustang_burnout.jpg

WINNER:
lowered_jpg.jpg

so its official, it seems like I want COBRA R wheels, since every MARK i see, i love the way it looks. But in order for me to get those wheels, I need a mustang bolt pattern or are there cobra wheels for our marks with the stock MARK 5x108 bolt pattern?

WOW that pic is old. I had it as my desktop for like 3 years. Its just 2 bad its fake.

WINNER:
lowered_jpg.jpg

so its official, it seems like I want COBRA R wheels, since every MARK i see, i love the way it looks. But in order for me to get those wheels, I need a mustang bolt pattern or are there cobra wheels for our marks with the stock MARK 5x108 bolt pattern?

Here you go dude

http://www.thecustomwheelshop.com/cart/store/comersus_listItems.asp

or just like me, you have to search high & low until you find someone getting rid of a used set. You have to go on ebay, LVC, TCCoA, SCCoA, Craigslist, etc... DAILY until you find something. Good luck.

SCP sells them in the MArk VIII bolt pattern.

in order to get a mustang bolt pattern, do I just replace each side with new mustang hubs?

i can tell it was pchop, but it looks so good. seems like 18" is the best way to go IMO to have both a balance of the aggressive look and keep the performance and still not worry about pot holes as much

So in order for me to do a mustang bolt pattern, do I just change out the wheel bearing since it comes with an all new hub and bolts? Another words, instead of getting a lincoln wheel bearing, id get a mustang wheel bearing?

Just search and find out. You don't think anyone has covered this since 1993? You're the first?

i have way more options with the mustang bolt pattern, can someone just tell me if the mustang wheel bearing is all I need to transfer over? as seen in my link i posted

It's on lowered bags. 18" wheels with 245/45/R18 tires. In the picture, the bags are vented (Rays kit).

Dude, love the car, love the rims, love the ride height but personal advise? I took a look at your photo gallery & I noticed something, I've had so many people burn/hurt their legs on exhaust pipes on 2 of my former cars when I've installed them that far out. On both cars I had to cut them 2 inches in, it makes a world of a diferrence & it looks a bit cleaner. Trust me.

Dude, love the car, love the rims, love the ride height but personal advise? I took a look at your photo gallery & I noticed something, I've had so many people burn/hurt their legs on exhaust pipes on 2 of my former cars when I've installed them that far out. On both cars I had to cut them 2 inches in, it makes a world of a diferrence & it looks a bit cleaner. Trust me.

I agree... just never have gotten around to cutting them down. I have scraped my leg on them.... once.

185,000... Still runs strong... still sprayin.

I've gotten word from several people, 2 of which are mechanics that these DOHC 4.6 liter engines were originally designed by Ferrari in 1989 & in some type of deal with Ford, Ford was able to purchase the designs. It took them a few years to decide how they were going to approach the public with this new engine so they decided to start out with our Mark VIII's so low & behold, the 4.6 plattform came about. Not only that, these engines are suposedly good for 220,000+ miles.

Members online

Back