Post your Black 97-98 Marks with aftermarket wheels

vikingdiesel

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 Black LSC with stock directional chome wheels. I have tint all around and I dont know which direction to go. Since its an LSC, everything is blacked out, so I was thinking black COBRA R wheels... but not sure yet. Post your black cars with aftermarket wheels and def. some with black wheels, all blackout cars

ALSO POST TIRE and WHEEL SIZE

mark.jpg

What tires and wheel size are those? I cant find cobra wheels with a 5x108 bolt pattern, I looked on EBAY and nothing

98 black on black 5% tint and 18 inch once piece billet edge 262's

mark15.jpg

mark9.jpg

I really wanted to get some non chrome wheels next but man those are sexy!!
Where do I get them from? How much are they?

They are discontinued, they looked cool but too narrow anyway... If you are gonna get rims for a big body like a Mark VIII get 19's or 20's, 17's and 18's are too small these days...
19s.jpg

They are discontinued, they looked cool but too narrow anyway... If you are gonna get rims for a big body like a Mark VIII get 19's or 20's, 17's and 18's are too small these days...
19s.jpg

true, but dont forget potholes, I promised myself not to get anything larger than 18" since I F**K*ED up my nice ass 19" wheels on my AUDI on a pothole that. Also, its hard getting wheels for these cars, since in no time, the car can look ghetto and you must watch out since a Lincoln Mark VIII is a popular ghetto car, one wrong move and the car will instantly be a ghetto cop magnet

Oh btw, keep in mind the bigger the rim, the more the rotating mass which equates to worse handling since unsprung weight will increase, and also slower car since weight will increase therefore power to weight ratio goes down.

17 and 18 arent too small. Its all about your taste. Mine are 16 and I love them. Anything over 18 looks ghetto and trashy. But thats just my opinion.

Look at any new performance car, it's coming with at least 19's buddy... wake up from 5 years ago, it's a whole different game...

Look at any new performance car, it's coming with at least 19's buddy... wake up from 5 years ago, it's a whole different game...

I am a supporter of big wheels but NOT all cars can pull it off. A mark 8 IMO does look ghetto with big wheels, especially our cars, sadly lots of ghetto people drive our cars, so with the wrong move somewhere, it can look ghetto. The black lincoln with black rims does look nice but is borderline ghetto and its the polished lip thats making it looking borderline ghetto

It's all about perception, my Mark VIII is not one with chrome dubs and subs, it's a high performance car. It's also about personal preference when it comes to rims. I personally would not waste money on aftermarket rims which are smaller than 18's... 18's minimum... as for added weight the wheels give, I really don't care as I have enough performance mods to beat most street cars.

sizes varies between cars...you want to fill your wheel well and match the car, not tuck into your wheel well and make your little car look like it's a monster truck with major bling

19's are retarded to even own due to the price of tires and 20's are ghetto fabulous and anything bigger, its my opinion and i'll stick to it. 20's look like crap on a mark. and for the person who asked where they can get the wheels i had, you cant, no longer produced.

1. Were talking about a mark that is at least 11 years old, not a new performance car.

2. If it were 5 years ago, we would be talking about a 6 year old luxury car, not a new performance car.

Some cars look great with big wheels, the mark isnt one of them. You might as well put on a ricer wing and the chrome lips around the fender. But hey, to each his own.

Wake up to reality staring you in the face.

29306400003_large.jpg

33094710003_large.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3309471

Members online

Back