Post your Black 97-98 Marks with aftermarket wheels

They are discontinued, they looked cool but too narrow anyway... If you are gonna get rims for a big body like a Mark VIII get 19's or 20's, 17's and 18's are too small these days...
19s.jpg

I love my 18's. looks perfect on a lowered mark. If i wanted big rimz id buy a 74 caprice.

I agree completely! 18's fit the M8 perfectly. Many a rim manufacturer and tire shop have told me that you loose performance/handling/ride, once you go beyond 2 inches higher than stock, unless you completely re-due all suspension components. I have seen a couple of 20's that I thought suited the M8, but still looked a bit large for the car, just as most do on other style of cars as well.

I've gotten word from several people, 2 of which are mechanics that these DOHC 4.6 liter engines were originally designed by Ferrari in 1989 & in some type of deal with Ford, Ford was able to purchase the designs. It took them a few years to decide how they were going to approach the public with this new engine so they decided to start out with our Mark VIII's so low & behold, the 4.6 plattform came about. Not only that, these engines are supposedly good for 220,000+ miles.

220,222+ Miles. Now that is Sweet! And Then Some!!

Last edited:
Not mine - one that was for sale in my area in 2008 and done sweet.

A 1998 with 20's by 10inch Foose style wheels. For the record, these are the only 20 inch, I've seen that do not look too big for the M8.

For me I would want the same deep dish all around and polished - this is a matter of preference.

1998 lincoln mark viii with 20 by 10inch foose style wheels- passside .jpg

1998 lincoln mark viii with 20 by 10inch foose style wheels.- back.jpg

1998 lincoln mark viii with 20 by 10inch foose style wheels.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, stay orginal , car is worth more money with orginal mark wheels. Rides softer too than boney wheels

I did not lose any ride quality with my 20" wheels and I kept the oe rims which can be installed at anytime since I did not swap hubs. I get compliments on the car and wheels almost daily. TO EACH HIS OWN!!!!!

97 VIII LSC with American Racing 17s 5x108. We have lots of pot holes, need to the extra rubber.

332F367F-2B9F-49CF-8B8A-CB55CAD8EF1A.jpeg
7CD09134-74A1-4023-805A-631DAE841337.png
17 and 18 arent too small. Its all about your taste. Mine are 16 and I love them. Anything over 18 looks ghetto and trashy. But thats just my opinion.
I guess you never seen a mark viii on 19 inch from 2002 jaguar xjr rims .. fit Mark viii with no modifications....

I did not lose any ride quality with my 20" wheels and I kept the oe rims which can be installed at anytime since I did not swap hubs. I get compliments on the car and wheels almost daily. TO EACH HIS OWN!!!!!
I like these! they suite the M8 well!! That back deep lip looks amazing!
20" MRR GT1 Chrome staggered fitment no hub swap

View attachment 828487808

View attachment 828487809
These look sweet and not too big for the M8. The lip on the rear looks amazing! I didn't see this when first posted.

Members online

No members online now.
Back