Official: Stance Coilover Thread

*As a caution*

The car has to go back to the shop next week so they can custom extend the adjustment in subframe and create slots in the rear for full front/rear camber adjustment. The only kind of place that usually likes to do jobs like these are performance shops so keep this in mind. Once you go beyond a certain point in ride height any shop won't be able to fix any camber you induce with the OEM camber adjustment points.

I hope they're not drilling the stock cast aluminum arms. The reason the there is no rear camber adjustment is the arms can't be safely modified. There is a very good chance of hitting an almost microscopic void in the casting causing the arm to fail. There really isn't enough material in the rear arm to safely elongate the hole!

PLEASE..... BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!

There's nothing to be drilled in the lower arms. Can't drill another hole into the bushing lol.

He will have slots made in the subframe mount points.

Similar to the front mounting holes. Wonder if there's enough room in the rear sub frame to do that.

They will be drilling into the lower rear subframe, where the LCAs bolt into. Similar to the setup for front camber adjustment, by turning the holes into slots.

I tried them on their lowest dampering setting and they do not feel like OEM shocks + OEM springs. They don't feel as firm and harsh as my car with OEM Shocks + Eibachs either though. So the shock is overcompensating somewhat for the increased spring rate but not enough to make it feel OEM comfortable. If that makes any sense.

You have to understand these have much smaller springs then OEM with 12k and 13k spring rates. So even with the dampening turned down you will still have a harsher ride since you have less suspension travel, whether you lower 6 inches or keep them at stock height. Most people use these kind of coilovers to make their car handle well on a track. You really can't have the best of both worlds with all the comfort of the OEM ride and the handling of a sports car, it's just not possible.

Good deal, thanks. These won't be for me then. What you were trying to say does make sense.

Side project after I get a new job, loads more adjustable suspension features. We'll see how that goes. Just need any amount of money first from a job that doesn't pay me like its 1920.

*As a caution*

If anyone wants these to lower their car real low. I hope you like buying tires. Or can find someone to do some custom fab work.

The lowest person around here who has measured was Jwall on his cut Eibachs and he was at 25.75 and 25.50" respectively front and rear. When I went in to try and get aligned I was sitting just under 23.75 inches front and 24.25 inches rear and had them raise up the rears a tad.

They could not even get my car close to factory spec levels in terms of camber. I currently have 1.6 degrees of camber up front (down from over 3 degrees) and my rears have 2.7 degrees. Factory specs allow for .4 -.7 front and .3 -1.8 rear

The car has to go back to the shop next week so they can custom extend the adjustment in subframe and create slots in the rear for full front/rear camber adjustment. The only kind of place that usually likes to do jobs like these are performance shops so keep this in mind. Once you go beyond a certain point in ride height any shop won't be able to fix any camber you induce with the OEM camber adjustment points.

Who else is cooler than everyone else and purchased these?

Who else is cooler than everyone else and purchased these?

I still need a couple more weeks to get enough $ for these but they are #1 on my priority list for my car.. everyone thinks they are so damn expensive.. $1180 shipped really isn't that bad of a price imo

I still need a couple more weeks to get enough $ for these but they are #1 on my priority list for my car.. everyone thinks they are so damn expensive.. $1180 shipped really isn't that bad of a price imo

Considering what you're getting, it's not that bad. Replacing all these components with OEM parts Would be either just under this price or well over. I had a cart stocked with everything and it was close.

Considering what you're getting, it's not that bad. Replacing all these components with OEM parts Would be either just under this price or well over. I had a cart stocked with everything and it was close.

+100

Went and wound down the fronts again about another 1.5 inches last night. Turns out I went well beyond the point of no return and couldn't turn my wheel without my tires trying to rip off my fenders :runaway:

The moment you have all been waiting for is here. Try to keep it in your pants

I still need to take off the wheels and get some pictures of the coilovers themselves, I hope I can do that tomorrow.

Eye Candy :cool:

7722616536_a4d466a92d_b.jpg

7722604220_37a79320a6_b.jpg

7722610362_3f3e91ff12_b.jpg

7722602028_07fde77d4d_b.jpg

7722612386_1152a0d7fd_b.jpg

7722606452_35729cb6e7_b.jpg

7722608378_8608c5c9f7_b.jpg

7722614416_b2d74fb208_b.jpg

I was just talking to tony starks about needing a new background :D
That look sick man

Beautiful!

Really need to get a photoshoot of this quality together for a large LS meet. I want to be there!!

*As a caution*

If anyone wants these to lower their car real low. I hope you like buying tires. Or can find someone to do some custom fab work.

The lowest person around here who has measured was Jwall on his cut Eibachs and he was at 25.75 and 25.50" respectively front and rear. When I went in to try and get aligned I was sitting just under 23.75 inches front and 24.25 inches rear and had them raise up the rears a tad.

They could not even get my car close to factory spec levels in terms of camber. I currently have 1.6 degrees of camber up front (down from over 3 degrees) and my rears have 2.7 degrees. Factory specs allow for .4 -.7 front and .3 -1.8 rear

Holy crap that's low. I just went and measured mine. 25.75" front, 25.875" rear. Not on completely level ground, so the rear measurement on the driver's side was a hair higher (26ish).

I rarely attempt speed bumps at this height. They have to be very small speed bumps, or else I have to turn around and find another way. I can't get into the tire shop's parking lot (or the local burger king) because of bottoming out - HARD - on the small hump where the sidewalk meets the tar.

On a good note, I can take the local roundabouts at 40-45mph :D

You too? Just where did this fascination with roundabouts start? They are popping up more and more!

Dunno. But it's maddening. I get the idea, and they do help the flow of traffic. When people know how to use them. But I swear most people around here have NO idea how to use it. They are in the roundabout, and stop for people entering, or sit forever before entering. I think I do my most cussing during the day waiting in line at the roundabout.

Bull, those look awesome.

Dunno. But it's maddening. I get the idea, and they do help the flow of traffic. When people know how to use them. But I swear most people around here have NO idea how to use it. They are in the roundabout, and stop for people entering, or sit forever before entering. I think I do my most cussing during the day waiting in line at the roundabout.

We have them around here too. I've seen people turn left into them......

Members online

No members online now.
Back