Official Stack Murder Mark Progress Thread!!!

Finishing up the shave... installed the poppers.

DSC_8663.jpg

Had to reground the passenger door, was shooting sparks out of the hinges :D

DSC_8667.jpg

DSC_8671.jpg

Cleaned up the tail...

DSC_8673.jpg

DSC_8676.jpg

Grind off the paint..
DSC_8679.jpg

Make a pattern...

DSC_8683.jpg

Cut it out of metal...

DSC_8684.jpg

Weld it in!

DSC_8688.jpg

DSC_8689.jpg

DSC_8690.jpg

DSC_8694.jpg

I was getting these weird contamination in my weld... so I looked on the other side and there was this bs sound deadener that was melting and ruining my welds so I pulled it out on the drivers side.

DSC_8691.jpg

DSC_8696.jpg

DSC_8697.jpg

DSC_8699.jpg

Fuel filler... ran into the same bs as the door handle with some tar based stuff contaminating my welds, unfortunately you can't get to the back of the filler so you can't do much about it...

DSC_8703.jpg

DSC_8706.jpg

DSC_8708.jpg

DSC_8711.jpg

DSC_8712.jpg

DSC_8714.jpg

DSC_8716.jpg

This next mod is something I've always wondered why the hell Lincoln didn't do at the factory... I HATE that stupid ill fitting trim...

DSC_8719.jpg

DSC_8720.jpg

DSC_8723.jpg

DSC_8724.jpg

DSC_8726.jpg

DSC_8727.jpg

DSC_8729.jpg

Until next weekend...

KK you are doing some awesome work! Stack's car is going to be killer when it's done.

Excellent. I cant wait to see the finished product. Mods like these have crossed my mind, glad to see someone doing it. Very nice work kk.

Man that thing will be sweet whan done! And the factory rain gutters suck. Completly useless.

Ok... changed my mind... I want door handles and the fuel filler door back...

Lets take it back to stock...

:D

Looks great brandon. I would do it the exact same way. Have you put in a manual popper for the door?

Nice work!

Only thing i did last weekend was sump a gas tank for my SVO....

Looks great brandon. I would do it the exact same way. Have you put in a manual popper for the door?

I'm not showing you any tricks :D

I have neglected to leave picks of the door popper secrets as I don't want anyone :q:q:q:qing up Stacks :q:q:q:q again...

oh keeping secrets huh? not sharing with the community, now whos a dick? maybe you could charge to share with us your greedy :q:q:q:q:q:q:q!!!!!!!!!!!1

oh keeping secrets huh? not sharing with the community, now whos a dick? maybe you could charge to share with us your greedy :q:q:q:q:q:q:q!!!!!!!!!!!1

Well the funny thing, is that he put the solenoids in the door which is something that I advised Stack against. I even told him that I was going to re-locate mine inside the car but oh well!

Can someone PM me and explain some of this in detail, if you wouldn't mind?..

....I understand the selenoids open the doors, and need battery power to do so.. and if you're out of power, you need a way to get in, which is usually a hidden trick. blah blah ...

......What's the pros of putting selenoids in the car, vs the door? (other than catching your shirt on them upon entry?)

You're confusing the solenoids with the poppers! The solenoids are nothing more than a giant electromagnet that when power is applied, pulls a plunger. Hook the plunger to the door latch and it opens the door. The popper is just an adjustable spring that pushes the door open once the latch is pulled.

Putting the solenoids in the car instead of in the door, keeps them out of the weather but also makes them easier to wire. You need to run a second wire from the inside of the car to inside the door for a good quality ground. If not it pulls the ground thru the painted hinges, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Moving the solenoid into the car and using an extended pull cable helps extend the life of the solenoid because they're less likely to get wet and dirty and also keeps the installer from having to mess with snaking the extra wire thru the wire boot. Granted you still have to get the pull cable through there, but it's the equivalent of about a 8 guage wire. It is however, less flexible!

I dont see how they are going to be exposed to anymore or less where they are... and the ground WAS an issue until kid reground the whole system.

I think they will work out famously :p

I dont see how they are going to be exposed to anymore or less where they are... and the ground WAS an issue until kid reground the whole system.

I think they will work out famously :p

If they're in the door, they're going to get exposed to moisture and dirt! Notice the little drain holes on the underneath side of the door to let the water run out. Water gets in there and ruins those solenoids, I'm sure they're not fun to get to, I know mine aren't and I don't want to be replacing them alot.

Wow! I've been off of here for so long,I missed all the fun! I just went through and read EVERY POST! Brandon,excellent work! I envy your shop! I work under the church carport on my car...usually when it breaks. :p Why church? Im at Bible college.

I remember shaving the doors on my Isuzu truck,and it was def. a learning experience. I loved it though.
Best of luck! Its looking KILLER so far!

I'm not showing you any tricks :D

I have neglected to leave picks of the door popper secrets as I don't want anyone :q:q:q:qing up Stacks :q:q:q:q again...

I dont want to know the secrets i just want to make sure your not forgetting to do that, but who am I kidding, I know your not stupid.

Im still not impressed. Its still a coupe. Everyone knows convertibles are pretty much the most bad@ss thing ever invented. When the top drops, so do the panties. lol.

I dont want to know the secrets i just want to make sure your not forgetting to do that, but who am I kidding, I know your not stupid.

Im still not impressed. Its still a coupe. Everyone knows convertibles are pretty much the most bad@ss thing ever invented. When the top drops, so do the panties. lol.

Maybe so, but aren't you getting married? Unfortunately, the panties drop even less then!

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you Adam, I don't think there will be a single issue where they are mounted...

You're confusing the solenoids with the poppers!

I actually did realize this after I was far away from the computer.. I was like ''door poppers.. selenoids.. I worded that wrong!'', but when I did write it, yes I was confusing the two.

And thanks for the explanation/your input, I appreciate it.

Can someone PM me and explain some of this in detail, if you wouldn't mind?..

....I understand the selenoids open the doors, and need battery power to do so.. and if you're out of power, you need a way to get in, which is usually a hidden trick. blah blah ...

......What's the pros of putting selenoids in the car, vs the door? (other than catching your shirt on them upon entry?)
well just as long as the solenoids stay dry they can go where ever.
You need to install a remote button "thats the secret" so if you close the door with the key fob in the car you can get in.
You also have to install a pull that will open the door if the battery is dead,most of the time its is in the trunk.

ROFL
he is a dick.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you Adam, I don't think there will be a single issue where they are mounted...
As long as they stay dry you will be fine.
Water is a killer.
They get wet on the 35, the window seal leaks and it just sucks, it a a super pain in the ass to get them working again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back