New Paint

Duck

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Finally got the 93 painted. A friend and I painted it in his shop, not a show quality job, but I think we did pretty good for a couple of old guys. I am glad to have a shine on it. :D The clear was totally gone from the upper surfaces. I painted it back the factory Midnight Opal and I really love this color.
DSCN0091.jpg

looks good man. nothing is better than feeling proud you painted your own car, even if you dont do it for a living, if you have general knowledge and the right tools painting a car really isnt hard at all. no one ever taught me body work, i just grew up around cars and was never affraid to try something and i have painted alot of things, from two 24 foot uhaul box trucks down to a harley, suzuki street bike as small as model cars and radio controlled cars, i have painted all kinds of things. but i do have 4 mark VIII's under my belt. its nice to have a shiny even color car isnt it!!

Thanks, guys. Yes Jamie, it is very satisfying to know you did it yourself. :D Plus, you know it is done right.
Hell, I am just as happy to have a driver's door handle that works!! :D

Looks great but you need to work on your photography.
More pics with better angles please.
I also love the color

Ya done good Duck. Looks good and I like the color. Is that the same car I sent you a lot of black interior parts for?

Yeah, Terry. It has some and my granddaughter's 94 has the rest.

This is how the car looked when I bought it.
1993MarkVIII39.jpg

yeah andrew but it has to be sometime soon i dont know how long matt is gonna keep the shop he just bought a house with a 40 x 60 detached workshop in the backyard and he is thinking of moving his machine shop to that to save a grand a month! your paint will cost more though its 3 stage!

ill take a trip when motor is ready next month. damn i was just in little everglades ranch last weekend in dade city for the tough mudder and whats 3 stage? what, enamel, 1stage , base clear 2stage, candy 3 stage?

3 stage is pearl paint, andrews white mark is base coat, top coat then clear, regular paint is just color plus clear like your black, but the opalescent white pearl is 3 steps to get it to look the way it does.

Members online

No members online now.
Back