My 0-60

Dan, did you replace the 3rd 4rd direct clutch Pack?
The surge problem and funny 3rd shift was the pack. One clutch broke into pieces and slowly tore everything up.

Iirc, a few of the packs were okay, so we left them alone. By that I mean we took it all apart, but didnt replace parts if they werent needed. Some of the clutches still had white print on the face. The trans had been rebuilt not too long before I got it, but I took it apart in the first place because of that weird shifting it had. Was it too sloppy? Is that what caused it, as in too much freeplay between the clutches and steels? I always wondered... That odd surge is a large part of why I sold it, it drove me crazy, but almost thought it was normal for a gen2.

You know for the most part this is a great forum, with great people who love there cars, but I have nothing to "prove" to anyone. I like seeing what other people have done to there rides and helping out when possible. I am forty five years old and don't really have the time or ambition to prove anything to anyone but me. All I can say is if your close to Melbourne FL come on by:) you will have to wait till I get the tranny fixed.....:(
Hey mang, I just said I would like to see the car. I was reminded where I had seen it and now that I remember it I liked the car. You dont post much and I wasnt familiar with it. No need to get all huffy.

It has a hood scoop, no?

Wanted to add: In the first video it was a straight away, the second video, right when I scratched second I was at the apex of a very slight turn in the road, it kinda scared me a little and made me LoL when I watched the video afterward.

You know for the most part this is a great forum, with great people who love there cars, but I have nothing to "prove" to anyone. I like seeing what other people have done to there rides and helping out when possible. I am forty five years old and don't really have the time or ambition to prove anything to anyone but me. All I can say is if your close to Melbourne FL come on by:) you will have to wait till I get the tranny fixed.....:(

I just can't believe anybody acts shocked or insulted when you ask them politely to back up there talk ??? This dosen't help. Standard responce of every con man. I'm older than you and I've made no real claim yet till I have proof. Should be Sunday. This has stuck with me because you laid claim to being the fastest N/A Mark.

First I never laid claim to the fastest NA Mark VIII, as far as I Know Driller holds that one. And by the way I have way more mods then driller and his car is consistent and still will beat my wifes, so what? who cares? My wife loves her car and I am pretty happy with it. I am not in competition with anybody.
All I see is someone that consistently wants to prove someone a liar.
There are allot of people that have far more money, time, and energy invested in there Marks, that look a hole lot better then mine and probably run a whole lot better.
As I said before come on by if you care that much:confused:

I would just like to see a pic of the engine. It is the exact same set-up that I wanna have in my car. It would be cool to see what its gonna look like.

car3.jpg

car4.jpg

car5.jpg

DSCF0013.JPG

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

PS I do not want to hear anything about the scoop;) my wifes car and she gets what she wants:D

That car is sex. Probably one of the cleanest/sneakiest Marks on the forum, minus the scoop :p I'm surprised with all that work you didn't go with C heads. And I am with the other guys, we get a lot of bull:q:q:q:qters come on here that make claims on a fairly stock car. We know that your car is far from stock, but everyone, myself included is just curious what a time slip would say, not trying to see if you are full of it, but just out of curiosity. I know I am, lots of M8 owners aspire to do their cars what ppl like yourself and mshultz have done to their cars, and just like to see build pictures, time slips, videos... Gives you a little more pride in your car to know that others find them good enough to mod up.

That car is sex. Probably one of the cleanest/sneakiest Marks on the forum, minus the scoop :p I'm surprised with all that work you didn't go with C heads. And I am with the other guys, we get a lot of bull:q:q:q:qters come on here that make claims on a fairly stock car. We know that your car is far from stock, but everyone, myself included is just curious what a time slip would say, not trying to see if you are full of it, but just out of curiosity. I know I am, lots of M8 owners aspire to do their cars what ppl like yourself and mshultz have done to their cars, and just like to see build pictures, time slips, videos... Gives you a little more pride in your car to know that others find them good enough to mod up.
+1

I just couldnt remember the car before. Jamie (aka Dick) reminded me, said car with extra wide tires on 10 spokes and it just clicked. Your car was one I aspired to be like when I had the 97 LSC. Somewhere along the lines things got changed and I just had to have that damn blower. :lol:

I don't like C heads, yes they are a good, but you can make really good power with B heads. The cams I have are specific for B heads, they are split intake pattern Isky made them back in the B head day and they probably would have been a real big hit, but C heads came along and the cam profiles offered no advantage. So what I get is the best of both worlds pretty good idle hardly any lope and a wide broad power and torque curve.

I found an old cell phone video of the car about 6 months after I bought it from Dan, at this point it still had the same tires on it as when Dan drove it to my house. All that had been done was a paint job, dropped the trans and put the new torque converter and baumann stage 3 kit, cut of the mufflers and a tune up and sniper commando tune, this was just before I tore the engine out.
YouTube - MPEG0009.ASF

Dan I liked the lope , but the wife thought it was a little to much.
After I had originally built the motor I had the Isky's in it, they have a slight lope at idle like a cross between comp cams stage 1 and 2's. The thing ran like ra&*&^ed ape. So I wanted more, got a set of stage 3's got a hell of a lope could not push the idle much bellow 1100 rpm and lost a fair deal of bottom end. The wife hated it said it ran like crap, so I changed back:( and you know how much fun those cams can be:mad:
She did not like the way it responded to the combination of the stall converter and the cams, if you listen close you can tell there's a fair deal of slack in the converter, with the cams part throttle was non existent and sloppy.

This has stuck with me because you laid claim to being the fastest N/A Mark.

Nope.
MediumD brought up his car in a thread
here.
I recalled the motor build that's all.
He has never claimed his wife's car is the fastest NA mark.

Anyhow...its dam cool his wife drives that thing on the street.
Ugly scoop and all :p

Well we do not know for sure, but we are pretty positive. We filed a police report they came out and basically shrugged there shoulders. I have a bad habit of leaving the garage door open. At the time we where having a hell of a lot of problems with Amy's ex-husband, even after 18 years some things never die.....

I was the one who said it might be the fastest N/A Mark, I knew it was pretty heavy on the mods and sounded like it would be a good runner. But I did put a disclaimer on there, so it's not like I guaranteed it was the fastest.

But asking who's the fastest N/A is like asking who's the smartest kid on the short bus. :p

Hmmmmm... :rolleyes:
Yeah, there are exceptions to the rule. :lol: Also I figured he was one of the standard douches just talking smack which was totaly my bad. Dont see him often and it slipped my mind. Totally me being a dick on this one. Sorry.

And while I am no math wizzard, I dont think a low 13 second pass equates to a sub 5 second zero to sixty when your trap is 104. Thats a 60' of round what, 1.72? Seems like the 0-60 would be low 5's.

Holy :q:q:q:q! Laser said sorry for something... Let's write this one down ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back