Kenne-bell told me they would'nt sell it, so I'll make one myself.

Yea, a couple updates................................

1: You guys SUCK. :D :D :D :D It's my fault obviously BUT I have a hard time believing you did'nt notice the intake ports were not correct. I had to completely redo the design. Notice the new renderings versus the older ones. That was a few hours worth of time toredo the model. PLUS another few hours for DWG detail and dimensioning drawings .

2: My graphics card shot craps, so I had to wait till I had a day off to install the new one before continuing. My onborad graphics will NOT handle Inventor's needs.

Anywho.......sending the NEW files to the machine shop tomorrow.

Mike

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:
im sorry about the negative things that happen and i support u through this progress and i cant speak for everyone but im sorry.

WHOOPS!!! I did'nt mean that to come across like that............:D

I was just joking about all of that guys, did'nt mean to step on toes. I need to adjust my sarcasm firewall I suppose.

Mike

This project is one of the motivators for me to keep my Mark VIII right now.

How thick is the rear wall of the plenum?
I am wondering if a meth injection nozzels head is long enough.

keep up the good work man. like many others i am VERY interested in this, keep us updated. kudos to you for stepping up to the plate and doing this.

How thick is the rear wall of the plenum?
I am wondering if a meth injection nozzels head is long enough.
I'm sure it will be fine.

IF needed, I could have the meth injector holes counter bored, that would be enough I am sure.

Anyway, got EVERYTHING sent off for the intake itself. After the first is machined, it'll be mock up time for everything.

Lower 1.jpg

Lower 2.jpg

Lower 3.jpg

Upper 1.jpg

Will the dampener turn the supercharger? I ask this because if it will the supercharger will have to be moved aft a few inches.

I apologize if this has been covered, but are you going to be able to produce these for others? Your "flat torque curve" has me interested, I enjoy seeing your progress..

Also, if you're worried about hood clearance for the inter/after-WHATEVER, cooler, have you thought about a dry sump oil system? Maybe our K member restricts the idea?

No room to drop the engine enough to clear, so dry sump is out for me. The sc WILL be turned by the dampner, I am doing a custom re-machined Eaton snout and driveshaft to make it work length-wise.

Just an FYI: I just checked my 97 F-150 5.4 and it has an 8 rib setup too.

Sweeeeeet mike... looks great...

Cant wait to see an update on this man

This was covered I am sure but skimming through I didnt see the answer.

Why dont you want to use a dual pully crank pully? I mean is the Power Stroke or a standard 5.4 crank pully large enough to spin the Eaton fast enough to make some boost or were you only planning on 4-5 psi of boost?

Because I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible. It will be SIMPLE to shorten the s/c snout, versus all the bracketry involved with a dual belt system.

Fair enough but will it be large enough to spin the blower?

Yes, It will.

Just sent an e-mail off to a few bulk aluminum supply houses. I have my first plate, that ran me 275 bucks from online metals. That will be for my personal intake, and HOPEFULLY I will be able to order the remainder in bulk and cut down on costs.

We shall see.

I'm new to the board but this appears to be what I have been looking for. After reading everybody's replies I'll say that I'm in also and if you need some cash up front in good faith let me know.

I just bought my first Mark VIII 2 days ago ('96) and I'm pumped to hot rod it and kill some local slowmaros and a vette or two!

Members online

No members online now.
Back