Kenne-bell told me they would'nt sell it, so I'll make one myself.

I just noticed all of that.

As far as the oval port bosses are concerned, Idon't see why you can't go in from the side and angle the nozzle down to the port. I would think there is plenty of material there to hold nitrous nozzles in place.

I'm also trying to keep machining ease/costs in mind. The wilder I get with the design, the more costs go up. There is also the fact that I started this design for me and maybe a few others. I just don't have the funds to buy all the material and pay a machine shop for a run of 5 or MORE.

I am MORE than willing to work with some investors on this because I think that there are ALOT of B-head powered Fords out there thatwould take notice.

Here ya go Bryan...:D

17.jpg

I just noticed all of that.

As far as the oval port bosses are concerned, Idon't see why you can't go in from the side and angle the nozzle down to the port. I would think there is plenty of material there to hold nitrous nozzles in place.

I'm also trying to keep machining ease/costs in mind. The wilder I get with the design, the more costs go up. There is also the fact that I started this design for me and maybe a few others. I just don't have the funds to buy all the material and pay a machine shop for a run of 5 or MORE.

I am MORE than willing to work with some investors on this because I think that there are ALOT of B-head powered Fords out there thatwould take notice.

Count me in when you get to that point Mike I can come up with some funds for this....PM me when the time comes. :cool:

I maybe can help get some machining done also.

The clearance problems at the hood are focused around the front end of the SC (pulley diameters). If I remember correctly on Gen ll the hood issue was resolved by lowering the cross member 1.25" or so. The Gen 1 hood was even more of a problem. I wish you well on your project, it should be popular.

actually i have plenty of clearance at the pulley, but i had to cut into the cowl to get the air intake to fit. There is no way i would shim the k member 1.25".

As you know, Sullivan fell flat on his face when he attempted to do a 'b' head intake. You are on the right track with the twin-screw idea for the DOHC engine.

I have a friend with a machine shop in Milwaukee. He is doing some waterlines on one of my new tools. The tool is too big for the guy doing the cutting and it needs to be gun drilled and he has the baby for it.

He might take a stab at it. I'll get a couple quotes for you to compare, steel or aluminum included. There is a new aluminum out that but I forget what it is called but might make a better material. I'll check on it. I'll also see how much moola it will take to pony up a run. It looks like you are doing the cad work yourself, so the real money is in programming the cnc.

I'm sure you could get some cash up front from guys to cover material costs and then go from there. Do you have an eaton, KB or whipple to try this on. People are going to want to know the numbers before they whip out real cash. If I wasn't building a new tool myself, I'd really jump in and help you out, but if you want some assistance, let me know.

I personally would like to see some ribbing around the outside perimeter to dress it up a bit.

I think he wants to use 6061 and mill them out of solid.
I have acess to a Funac Robodrill if machining becomes a roadblock and can edit code if a problem pops up.
The nice thing about 6061 is if a problem pops up "and one will" you can weld it up and not lose the work you have into it.

I am willing to help anyway I can.

I should just pop the one off the SuperMark this Winter and have it done. Iv'e been thinking about it for a while now.

When you get to the point of making them then let me know and I will pay ahead of time to get one too. I may never use it but being that I could get my car blown for the price of injectors, tune, inline pump and whayever it would costme to have the snout modded seems worth it to me. I have an Eato M112 with 3k onit at a friends house. Figured one day it would come in handy. :wrench

I should just pop the one off the SuperMark this Winter and have it done. Iv'e been thinking about it for a while now.

I have wondered why you have not. How are the IATs on that thing?

OP:
Also, whats involved in modifying the snout?

I'd like to know what is involved in changing the front accessories over to 8 rib?

This project would give the mark viii the versitility it deserves, I wonder how much it will cost to mod a stock mark when this part is done?

The Eaton M90 is too small for a 4.6L AFAIAC. You can run the 112 at less load and create the same power levels, and the S/C will live ALOT longer.

Bryan,

I am going to take my CAD files to a couple of machine shops tomorrow and see what they would charge me to do a prototype to install on my VIII and iron out all the kinks. I still have NO idea how the alternator is gonna fit into this equation (I.E. Keep it in the same location vs Relocate it like the K/B C-Head kits) let ALONE how much I will have to modify the top plate and S/C snout to make the pulleys line up. I'll probably have a PRE-Prototype milled out of a chunk of ABS plastic to save on mock up costs and go from there. As soon as I get back on my feet from being unemployed which should'nt take long, I'll get an M112 purchased and start fabbing.

Keep in mind guys............This is NOT going to be a drop-in/crank up kit. You are going to have to purchase and fab aftermarket fuel rails, do an 8 rib conversion (junkyards are your best friend), trans work for you automatic lovers out there, and MAF/Intake modifications.

I am going to try my hardest to keep the unit as LOW on the engine as possible. I'm not going to make any promises, but I'm hoping to have a lower cross-section than a 96-98 Cobra intake. This means that you SHOULD be able to stuff it under a GEN2 with NO hood issues, and us GEN1 guys........Well I don't know,(the snout/pulley has me worried.)

When I started this project I had no desire to make more than 2 or 3 units but if the interest is there, I'll see what I can do. If you know of any cobra owners that would be interested point them to this thread.

Anywho.............Let me know what you guys think.

Great job mike keep us updated. i will go post an link to this thread on the corral forums and see if we can get some cobra guys interested.

Just remember HEAT is your enemy with these SC's. They really hurt performance if the charge gets too warm. Don't get too skinny to hurt yourself, leave room for a water cooled IC.

I'm not even considering an IC system right now. I planned on running methanol injection from the start. My goal is to be able to have a STOCKish hoodline and leave it at that.

There is just so LITTLE room with the B-heads that the machining required to cram something in there would make it cost prohibitive. You could switch to C-heads and go with a K/B kit instead.

Meth will more than enough to cool the intake charge.

Geno we told you that the day you bought it off ebay.
get that crap off the car and have it fabbed up for resale.

holy RIPVANWINKLE did you just wake up????

Damn dude, welcome to almost 10 years ago
(joking smile)

Members online

Back