Just my 2 cents... Maybe it's just me but proof shows otherwise.

UltimateSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Miami, FL(Home of the rust free MARK VIII's
At $650.00 + shipping who on Earth will be able to afford the new Terminator bumper from Temple Performance? Now that I'm getting a 97 that has a bad front bumper I would've loved to take the opportunity to purchase the bumper but anyone else think this price is outrageous? No disrespect to the guys @ Temple. I think you guys have great parts & have always been there for us but I think this is just too much for any of us Mark VIII owners to afford. Spending $800.00 on a $20,000 car seems reasonable but spending $800.00 on a $2,500 car which is the avg price for our Marks is just a bit steep. IMO, @ $400 + shipping you'd be selling them NON STOP!

In fact, how many of us on this page have purchased the bumper?

I'd be all over it for that price!!!! For $600 I think I could make one. lol :D No disrespect to Temple. I'm glad they made it, I just wish it was affordable. I'd love to send them my money.

I don't think the price is out of line for a one off part with 2 year only market. If he ever actually recoupes the cost of the devolpment and mold the price might drop, but I am willing to bet he never breaks even on it. The quality of the preproduction piece was amazing when I saw it, and if I liked the style more I would have no problem buying one.

-Alan

Well hell. I was thinking you car was one of the nicest on the site. Thats gonna push yours to the top and make me lust after it all the more.

*blushes*

Oh, stop it, you!

Lol, now I just need to find some money to get it painted...

650 is a DAMNED good price.

Christ guys, it's not a god damned Mustang or F-body. There is NO aftermarket support for MarkVIII's.

I'm with Alan on this wholeheartedly.

If I owned a Gen2, I'd have ordered one already.

I must be crazy cuz I got mine today also.
For those of you that think you can do it cheaper; have at it. I've got a brand new 03/04 cobra bumper I'll sell you cheap. $200. + shipping
I had my bumper shipped to my work with a dock so it was a little cheaper.
Buy the time you buy a bumper/materials and put the time into it... I am 100% positive you will be over $800.
I would charge you more... And even more yet if you wanted to help. :D

1336788562492.jpg

I think it's a fair price for those with money to waste. I for one won't spend 1200 bucks all said n' done on a bumper. That's a third/half of what most of our g2's are worth.

They did a great job on it though.

ASpending $800.00 on a $20,000 car seems reasonable but spending $800.00 on a $2,500 car which is the avg price for our Marks is just a bit steep. IMO, @ $400 + shipping you'd be selling them NON STOP!

In fact, how many of us on this page have purchased the bumper?

I got my bumper from temple sometime last week, wrapped it up and put it in storage next to my 97-98 Sleep Valley body kit :cool:

I doubt that many more people would purchase the bumper if the price was $400 bucks. Could be wrong...but, Everyone says they want something, until it comes time to pay for it...

I originally bought my car for 5k, I disagree 2500 is the avg price of a clean gen 2, more like $4-6k. Currently I have well over 20k into it, worst part is its much more ugly today then the day i bought it and its not even fast :p but it is EXACTLY what i want with EXACTLY the parts I want on it. <3

I know its my project that I've spent years thinking, planning, and building, im not rich so I do what I can, when I can and I'm cool with that. I cant, well I wont paint it until its back in a garage for good. ;)

Seems like alot of money but over a few year period and with everything on it is brand new now except the engine/trans with 92k (bought with 54k on it) and exactly the way i want it it really isnt. In fact, its less then pretty much all new cars except a hyundia or kia.

We dont mod these cars to get money back out of them :)

Wheels are easy to take off and they fit more then 2 model years. If I bought a bumper it would offically be part of the car.

Well put Lux and Gman.
I certainly don't have money to.waist nor do I.consider it a waist. And your right 800-1200 on wheels we see all the.time. not to mention a nice set of summer tires that will last.. well.. a summer.cuz we need super hipo ultra wide soft compound z rated shoes for our rides.
I know guys that will trade a new car in when its time to buy tires just so they don't have to deal with a shop.or touch the car.. that's a waist to me, but to them.. its just time for a new car and enjoy having the piece of mind of the warranty because they can't/won't touch the car to fix it.
Hell, a good night out to dinner and the bar will cost you $200..
I've got 5 kids... Try the movies, after popcorn, drinks, candy, and tickets..ok, that's a waist; but we still do it.

If you seriously think its a bad price, price a New LSC bumper from Ford

You do realize that a new OEM bumper is over $800. I dont know why everyone is complaining that the CUSTOM bumper costs less.

I don't even think you can get a "new" bumer anymore. I could be wrong. I don't think it is out of line for a custom bumber that is molded whole. That is the key. He had someone make a mold so it is a fresh new bumber. It is not 2 or more bumpers grafted together. If you do it yourself I am sure you could make one for less than $650, but do you have the skilss and equipment to do it right. There are few people who have the skills and equipment to make a one-off. I would even bet no shop could make a one-off for less than $1000. Ican only imagine what John spent on the fist protatypes.

Members online

No members online now.
Back