It's all about the patina...

The question is, if you bought it, would you drive it or keep it locked up as a museum piece? I'd definitely drive it. Probably not as a DD, but I wouldn't fret over the miles.

Interior color turns me off. Owned one myself with very low miles. Practically gave it away. Prone to problems because it sat for 10 years. HUGE HEADACHE!

Doubt that it will be to bad...sitting is the same as not being used...time basically stops for something like that...probably be a fantastic car after a few a small things are addressed

I guess a car cover was to much to invest in?? I had the same color with grey interior.

19 year old cars are not barn finds yet. Just an unused car. I am willing bet anything they are not washing the car because they are concerned with discovering the paint is in very poor condition. Then just trying to pass that off to some sucker as "we don't want to rob you of the joy of being the first to wash it". pleeeeez.

Does anyone else find it suspect there are 19 bids already with 4 days left?

19 year old cars are not barn finds yet. Just an unused car. I am willing bet anything they are not washing the car because they are concerned with discovering the paint is in very poor condition. Then just trying to pass that off to some sucker as "we don't want to rob you of the joy of being the first to wash it". pleeeeez.

Does anyone else find it suspect there are 19 bids already with 4 days left?

there's probably some ass wipe from the dealer bidding it up..

I'm willing to bet that car's near mint under the dirt, and not much wrong mechanically either.

Already up to 7G's. I had a dream about this car last night and the paint was cooked and rusty underneath. I woke up like WTF? LOL

Already up to 7G's. I had a dream about this car last night and the paint was cooked and rusty underneath. I woke up like WTF? LOL

Haha, that paint will deffinetly need to be buffed out after its washed, I can see nice big water stains on the trunk and 1/4s from water dripping on it or condensation, that combined with all the dirt building up and getting wet and drying off over the course of nearly 20 years has deffinetly stained or ate its way through the clear coat..sh*t even clean water if left to dry on paint will leave water stains quickly..

Haha, that paint will deffinetly need to be buffed out after its washed, I can see nice big water stains on the trunk and 1/4s from water dripping on it or condensation, that combined with all the dirt building up and getting wet and drying off over the course of nearly 20 years has deffinetly stained or ate its way through the clear coat..sh*t even clean water if left to dry on paint will leave water stains quickly..

Which is exactly why they have not washed it. I am betting up close there are clear indications of damage and they concocted this story to try and make it interesting. If there were more money to be made with it being cleaned up, they would certainly have done so.

rust

See them rusty bolts under the hood? - i bet it's bad underneath... wasn't in a climate controlled garage -- i bet it was a barn setting on dirt.

ill admit. id love to have that interior color on the inside of my black lsc. i think its crazy this car is up to 7k already and it still has almost 2 days left.

Just wait till the sniper bidders hit it during the last minutes. I see that car bringing in right at 10K or better. I never bid on anything. I either "Buy It Now" or put a very high dollar amount on something that I really want (but not more than I can afford) with 5 seconds left to go. Bidding is stupid and only raises the price more and more. I like to see who has the cash in the last few seconds.

Even at $10K plus some money to bring it back to life correctly, it has potential to make someone happy for a very, very long time. :D

...Bidding is stupid and only raises the price more and more...

I agree. The whole point of an "auction" is to get something for less than what one would normally pay retail (or book value). You can get a good deal on fleabay once in a while. But I hate seeing items on there that are being listed for the same price you could get it for at Wal-Mart of Best Buy or any other retail store.

I agree it is a good deal for someone. Hopefully, it will make them a happy camper.

It went for about $600 more than I thought it would. It could be a smoking deal or just smoke and mirrors.

Members online

No members online now.
Back