How yo make 350hp and other Questions?

is your recipe laid out in best order of upgrade first, or how would you rate each upgrade from do this first to do this last ? and how much is this recipe costing it looks like theres several grand in parts there

Allow me to shorten that recipe to the things that matter:

Stall
JMod
Gears, trac lok, driveshaft
Exhaust
Tune

In order that I, personally would do them. Still about $2-2.5k.

Fuel pump doesn't hurt, just because the stock one is liable to :q:q:q:q out at any time without giving any hint that it's going to.

It couldn't make anything good happen if its vibrating bad. Are you referring to the stock shaft. I'm running the same gear and it may have some vibration at higher speeds but, not to bad. I've been to 140 with it and it seemed alright.

It couldn't make anything good happen if its vibrating bad. Are you referring to the stock shaft. I'm running the same gear and it may have some vibration at higher speeds but, not to bad. I've been to 140 with it and it seemed alright.

True nothing good if it's vibrating bad. You are stressing a lot of different parts. Not all the stocks shafts have this problem. They probably all will with time but Sean isn't the only one with 3.73s or 4.10 on the stock shaft with any problems. My car on the other hand started around 80-85 with the stock 3.07s. I swapped it out when the 4.10s went in so I don't know how bad it would have gotten.

Allow me to shorten that recipe to the things that matter:

Stall
JMod
Gears, trac lok, driveshaft
Exhaust
Tune

In order that I, personally would do them. Still about $2-2.5k.

Fuel pump doesn't hurt, just because the stock one is liable to :q:q:q:q out at any time without giving any hint that it's going to.

thanks for the info. the fuel pump was just replaced when i bought the car. i cant beleive someone paid 500 bucks to have it done but ive got the receipt from tire kingdom i was still thinking of replacing it but later on when i have a need for the extra fuel.

i cant beleive someone paid 500 bucks to have it done but ive got the receipt from tire kingdom i was still thinking of replacing it but later on when i have a need for the extra fuel.

:lol:

I can't believe somebody used Tire Kingdom for a fuel pump change!

Question: Why are the driveshafts on the Marks and Panther platform cars such crap?

thanks for the advice guys. ive got a place around here that will give me 3 dyno pulls for 30 bucks. i figured id start with that get a base reading.

i know a lot of people go back and forth about the gearing as far as what to use. 3.73 4.10 4.30 stuff like that. this would be my daily driver i was thinking 3.73 mostly becuase id like to try and avoid having to get an aftermarket shaft

your base HP is gonna be between 180RWHP and 220RWHP
that is about where the MANY stock mark8's we've dyno'd come in at.

Also 373's are gonna be disapointing if you already have 327LSC gears.
the difference is going to be less than if you turned off your OD.

Do this, get on the highway at your cruising speed, turn off your OD.
If those RPM's aren't too high then you want to get 430's gears.
a 327 car with OD off is running the same RPM as a 430 car with OD ON.

Same goes for a 307 car, OD off is the same as OD on with 410's.

I did 373's in a 307 car and was MAJORLY dissapointed.
327 to 373 is a waste of gear lube IMHO.

In other words, go big or go home! :D

I like to compare it to "only sticking it in halfway".

Sure your getting screw'd but it'll feel ALOT better if you actually STICK IT ALL THE WAY IN.

I beg to differ on that analogy bud. Sticking it in halfway is what creates the demand to have it stuck in all the way, but of course you don't give in right away. We are talking about cars right :p ;)

Question: Why are the driveshafts on the Marks and Panther platform cars such crap?

In a word cost. In two words cost and length. Marks and Pathers are bog cars. The longer the shaft the more minor imbalances will be felt. An imbalance will try and pull the shaft into an arc(like a jump rope) caused by centrifugal force. The base Pather shafts are for cars normally driven by grandma and grandpa and Ford just limits drive shaft speed, therefore limiting top speed. The CVPIs got aluminum shafts which are lighter and balanced better(read more expensive). IIRC 99 or maybe 99 and 00 CPVIs got 3.55s and an MMX drive shaft.

The Mark shaft isn't exactly bad but due to the design of the 94+ shaft they all will develop vibration issues over time. But new they were fine. There are some people who have 3.73s and 4.10s on stock drive shafts with no issues and others(like me) had vibrations with the stock gears.

+1

id love to try that. but my rpm gage doesnt work. im pretty sure its the gage that came undone but im not sure how to correct the orientation after glueing it back in place. so untill i get that fixed i wont be able to run your test. i have already decided against the 3.73 after seeing several other post ive decided to go with the 4.10 gear

edit: is there a mod that can edit the title of this thread. it just appears so ghetto to see it read yo instead of to. thanks

2006 Ford Mustang posi differential. 8.8 ring gear and 3.31 ratio, 28 spline side gears. Low miles.
Also have the same but from a manual transmission model with the 3.55 ratio with 20k miles. Make reasonable offer if you need either one
Should also fit late model Explorer, E150, F150 and Crown Vics but check with the dealer to be sure.
3n73o23l4ZZZZZZZZZ97m0928f4331353125e.jpg

this is an add im looking at. i beleive i saw that our marks are 28 splin too right so would this work for our cars. if so how much do ya think they are worth

this is an add im looking at. i beleive i saw that our marks are 28 splin too right so would this work for our cars. if so how much do ya think they are worth

Our cars need a IRS specific differential unless you plan on switching to a solid rear axle. In other words, no that won't be a direct bolt in.

Our cars need a IRS specific differential unless you plan on switching to a solid rear axle. In other words, no that won't be a direct bolt in.

IRS. is that independant rear suspension ? if so is this better then a solid axle and thanks for the info guess ill keep looking

OMG how many times do we have to go through this, one more I guess.
ANY 8.8 REAR SET UP WILL WORK! SOLID AXEL OR IRS DOESN'T MATTER!!! GET ANY 8.8 POSI OR GEARSET!!

Drag racing the IRS is KILLER unless your making enough power to break $hit. the IRS squats n' goes.

Everyone clear?

Thos ratios aren't even worth the time of day. Just get a factory ford posi and REAL gears and be done with it.

ANY 8.8 REAR SET UP WILL WORK! SOLID AXEL OR IRS DOESN'T MATTER!!! GET ANY 8.8 POSI OR GEARSET!!

Drag racing the IRS is KILLER unless your making enough power to break $hit. the IRS squats n' goes.

Everyone clear?

Glad you cleared that up because I've come across MANY threads where everyone stated over and over again that our cars need an IRS specific differential, however the gearset for the 8.8" is universal among differentials. So you're saying our cars do not need a IRS specific differential?

It may be worth buying it just for the Trac-Loc, and buy different gears for it.....if it's an awesome price.

Glad you cleared that up because I've come across MANY threads where everyone stated over and over again that our cars need an IRS specific differential, however the gearset for the 8.8" is universal among differentials. So you're saying our cars do not need a IRS specific differential?

No you can use a solid axle 28 spline diff, it works... I have one in my car...

Everyone clear?

Its like yelling in a cave.
Sometimes you wonder if anyone can hear you.

I wonder how many times you have typed 4:10s over the years.

It seems nobody will do a search anymore.

Members online

No members online now.
Back