How yo make 350hp and other Questions?

Again one more time. I have and have had 4.10's for 11.5 years now, daily drive the car everywhere city 19 hwy 27.5 @65. What is the deal with people not wanting to run the 4.10's? Its hilarious. GO 4.10's my GAWD!!!!!

you get BETTER MPG and can still do 150mph?

Remember your Cobra was a stick too, totally different gearing on the highway period.

I drove across Michigan and back (75-85mph) i only averaged around 21 mpg, how are you getting 27.5 mpg

The maf/chip/exhaust yeilds 3mpg better min. Then the gears being in a more efficient rpm range makes a huge difference too. I get Honda mpg.

I am still curious how the MAF meter helps without a blower. The stock MAF can read up to 400 hp without maxing out so how does a larger MAF make any kind of improvement?

I'm currently in the process of building a n/a mark VIII reliable daily driver and going for 12.60s 12.70s on motor.

Heres my mods

Mickey Thompson 255/60/16 Drag radials
Spring Conversion
97 Mark VIII intake with Cobra Throttle Body
Mach 1 Intake tube with K and N drop in filter
30 lb injectors
255 fuel pump
96/98 Cobra Cams
Transgo Shift Kit
P.I. 3500 Stall
4.56 Gears
Rebuilt Rear end with Brand new Trak-Lok
MSD Coil Packs
Electric Water Pump
Electric Exhaust Cutout

My buddy ran 13.2 at 106 on motor with less modifications than me, and a 2400 stall converter.

I see no reason why I can't break 12s on motor only.

I will be adding Kooks Longtubes also.

These 4v Modular Motors need gears bad, 4.10s at the bare minimum but as I've always noticed with all my friends is that once they do a gear install, they always want more....

I'm currently in the process of building a n/a mark VIII reliable daily driver and going for 12.60s 12.70s on motor.

Heres my mods

Mickey Thompson 255/60/16 Drag radials
Spring Conversion
97 Mark VIII intake with Cobra Throttle Body
Mach 1 Intake tube with K and N drop in filter
30 lb injectors
255 fuel pump
96/98 Cobra Cams
Transgo Shift Kit
P.I. 3500 Stall
4.56 Gears
Rebuilt Rear end with Brand new Trak-Lok
MSD Coil Packs
Electric Water Pump
Electric Exhaust Cutout

My buddy ran 13.2 at 106 on motor with less modifications than me, and a 2400 stall converter.

I see no reason why I can't break 12s on motor only.

I will be adding Kooks Longtubes also.

These 4v Modular Motors need gears bad, 4.10s at the bare minimum but as I've always noticed with all my friends is that once they do a gear install, they always want more....

I think you will be surprised how hard it is to get into the 12s NA it is with these cars. There are a few guys on here with quite a few more mods then that that have not made it into the 12s.

And IMHO most of those mods aren't doing much for you. The Gen2 intake tube isn't a restriction. Injectors and fuel pump won't help you at this power level unless there are problems with the stock stuff. Cobra cams are not worth much at all. The stall, gears, electric water pump and exhaust are the only real mods that should give you noticable gains.

I agree with you totally about gears. The 4Vs like to rev and in a heavy car like the Mark you really need gears to get them moving. I have 4.10s now and plan on 4.56s in the future.

Cobra cams? Are you kidding? Have you done the research on these cams?

They are good for about 20 more wheel horsepower and more aggressive than mark viii cams.

Check the specs, they will surprise you.

Baby steps...

First you get a 13.99 timeslip...

Then work on the 12.99

You make it sound like 13's are easy and 12's are gonna be a "walk in the park".

it doesnt matter "what your friend runs".

You need to tell us what "YOUR" car runs.

Yeah on a 125 shot I need a good day to run sub 13's. Its more than a couple bolt ons to hit 12's. N/A I cannt see running bigger injectors will gain you anything. I look forward to your time slips.

First Cobra Cams are Mark VIII cams they are identical grinds the difference is in the intake timing they run 2 deg retarded and Marks run straight up. they have the same lift lobe for lobe and the same duration, so putting cobra cams in you Mark is pretty much a waste of time and labor.
You need some real cams to make real gains high lift high duration stage 3's ect.
along with that better injectors, although I am running some split grind Isky's with a bit more lift and have no problems with full curves with 24LBS injectors, but mine are EV6's flow matched witch might help.
With 3:73 gears 3500 stall, cams intake and another point in compression I have just broke into the high 12's.
It kinda like physics you need x horse power per wieght.
4000LBS needs about 300HP at the rear wheels for a break into high 12's and thats under perfect conditions, 300 RWHP would translate into around 360 to 380 flywheel, not an easy feet without power adders, so my hat goes of to you if you can pull low 12's with those mods.............

First Cobra Cams are Mark VIII cams they are identical grinds the difference is in the intake timing they run 2 deg retarded and Marks run straight up. they have the same lift lobe for lobe and the same duration, so putting cobra cams in you Mark is pretty much a waste of time and labor.
You need some real cams to make real gains high lift high duration stage 3's ect.
along with that better injectors, although I am running some split grind Isky's with a bit more lift and have no problems with full curves with 24LBS injectors, but mine are EV6's flow matched witch might help.
With 3:73 gears 3500 stall, cams intake and another point in compression I have just broke into the high 12's.
It kinda like physics you need x horse power per wieght.
4000LBS needs about 300HP at the rear wheels for a break into high 12's and thats under perfect conditions, 300 RWHP would translate into around 360 to 380 flywheel, not an easy feet without power adders, so my hat goes of to you if you can pull low 12's with those mods.............

so retarding it 2 degrees should yield close to the same results. would that be a good assumption? i think it would be easier to get the deveice from summit that lets you move your knock sensor and change your timing. then it would be to redo all cams if this assumpiton is correct.

I think you are talking about the crank sensor not the knock sensors. Just retarding the timiing 2 degrees isnt the same as setting the cams up 2 degrees retarded. Changing the cam timing changes the position of the pistons to the valves. Very different.

If you go with the remounted crank sensor then you can change you ignition timing YES. Thats when the coils are told to spark as the pistons move towards TDC.

Changing the cam timing changes when the valves move open or closed in aspect to the pistons. Not when the coils spark.

Yes you probably could gain the same result using cam timing adjusters, but why? the only reason would be to move the power band up a bit, and that's probably the reason why ford did it, lighter vehicle, standard ect put the power where you need it smooth power for the Mark and a little more aggressive bite in the cobra.

I'm sure we will all be surprised with my car. My buddies nitrous setup ran into the 11s and you guys are barely in the 12s with nitrous. Thats surprising to me because he was on a 135 shot and would run with 11 second cars ALL DAY. Seems to be the combo that him and I have/had is working right.

Lets analyze this.

The mark viii is a heavy car, so with big gears, sticky tires and a high stall (3500 or more) if we can get the car moving, then the car is going to be quick.

Remember its all about the 60 ft. The 4.56 gears are going to make this car.

Actually no, I am into the 12's on motor alone, no nitrous. And it takes a little more then a few bolt on's.

More gear will most def help but with out some more power the cars not going to pull that hard top end. Tilted what short times are you getting. My best is 1.94 on street tires and no spray, not like the spray helps in the 60 with street tires. I've been thinking about 4.56 myself maybe after you post some slips with a stall and gears I may get them. With those gears drag tire will be needed as well.

I dont know if you read. But I've got brand new mickey thompson 255 50 16 et street drag radials.

so retarding it 2 degrees should yield close to the same results. would that be a good assumption? i think it would be easier to get the deveice from summit that lets you move your knock sensor and change your timing. then it would be to redo all cams if this assumpiton is correct.

No retarding the cams wont have the same effect.
you have to keep in mind the very different animals the cobra and the mark 8 are.

1 is a lightweight stick shift car
the other is a heavyweight automatic car
Two very differnt intake an cam strategies..

Just dumping parts from one onto the other doesnt mean its a good thing.
Cobra spec doesnt always mean "Better".

htrdlincoln98 hows life out on the eastern shore I lived in Pocomoke for a few years and spent allot of time in Salisbury.
As for my 60ft times, there terrible not much better then stock, I have to dig out the last slips but I believe my 12.98 run was at a 1.92 60ft time. My wife ran the car first and pulled a 13.1 and I was pissed so I ran it, The wife is a little more conservative then I am launching. My 12.98 run was the last run because I took out the converter, I blew the tires off past a 100ft then again into second zero traction, but pass the traps at close to 118 car comes on like a bat out of hell. If I could get traction I probably would be close to a flat 12.
Remember I have put a lot into the engine and trans,
Cobra crank, H beam rods, KB pistons 11.3 to 1 comp., port and polish, Isky proto type split pattern grind cams, modified split runner cobra intake with 1/4 inch hat spacer, 1" throttle body spacer, under drive pulley's, Steeda timing adjuster. The chambers are mirror polished and CC'ed, the IMRC's and throttle body have been modified cut back and polished along with the 90MM MAS, cut back j gaped plugs indexed 90 deg fired by MSD coils, 16deg base timing 32 total, matched flowed EV6 injectors, and about 10 hours on the phone with Sniper to get a working tune.........
Baumann 3500 stall and stage 4 kit, 3:73 gears and loc.
I need to keep it totally street able it the wife's daily driver she drops off and picks the kids up from school in it.
She wants the fastest car she can get and still drive it every day, she really wants flat 12's high 11's:shifty: so now i am looking into power adders again and I am really a NA type guy:D

Members online

Back