How yo make 350hp and other Questions?

I dont know if you read. But I've got brand new mickey thompson 255 50 16 et street drag radials.

Yea I can read I'm talkin about my car needing drag tires.

Tilted Small world life here same as always. SLOW I was just through Pocomoke today for work not much going on there for sure. Its close to the ocean thats a big plus for me. Your cars movin pretty fast With what you listed, thats a big bill. And the wife still wants more!! LOL NOS is fun. Oh maybe this winter I'll come up with something new as far as set up. lookin to get low 13 With out opening the motor. I've got a short but costly list and I should be close. Good luck to you on 12 flat. You've got the MPH for low 12's for sure maybe lower. 118 on motor is sick!!

I'm sure we will all be surprised with my car. My buddies nitrous setup ran into the 11s and you guys are barely in the 12s with nitrous. Thats surprising to me because he was on a 135 shot and would run with 11 second cars ALL DAY. Seems to be the combo that him and I have/had is working right.

Lets analyze this.

The mark viii is a heavy car, so with big gears, sticky tires and a high stall (3500 or more) if we can get the car moving, then the car is going to be quick.

Remember its all about the 60 ft. The 4.56 gears are going to make this car.

Oh man lests see some vids, timeslips, pics anything of that combo/setup run.

Im actually breaking the rear end in right now. Will be at the track in the next couple weeks.

Too bad you guys will be wrong. Time slips will be posted soon.

Post up some time slips when you get to the track. I'll be the first one to congratulate you if you make it with those mods. Hell I'll be just as happy as you since I have some custom ground Comp cams and a ported short runner Cobra intake along with other mods that will be going in my car. It's nothing personal but your not the first person to say they are going to run 12s and enough guys with more mods then you haven't to know these cars are not Cobras.

Cobra cams? Are you kidding? Have you done the research on these cams?

They are good for about 20 more wheel horsepower and more aggressive than mark viii cams.

Check the specs, they will surprise you.

In a Mach1 maybe. Like others already said the Cobra exhaust cams are identical and the intake cams have the same lift and duration but are ground a few degrees retarded. Trust me I didn't drop the kind of money custom cams plus required springs etc cost without doing some "research" of my own.

I'm gonna throw some new spark plugs in my V6 Ls and replace the 4 cams with 8, that should get me in the 11's and a 135 shot of juice oh man look out 9's lol. 1badmark you can't just reinvent the wheel. You can improve it, but first you gotta do some research on what you wanna do and how to get it there. I didn't read all 4 pages of post but it takes more than just some timing change and bolt ons and juice. By the way for those of you that know how similar is the mark engine to the Cobra. Can't just be the intake.????

A n\a 12 sec mark? Its not that I am calling you a liar, but I just find it hard to believe.

All I have to say is 400+NA HP in a Mark is fun:D I might never get into the 12's without some major rear suspension work and a set of 10.5 slicks and going to 4:56's from my 3:73 tire terror gears, but boy it is a load of fun to drive!!

Well, 4.56 gears require a notched cross pin to be installed correctly. Also with gears like those they require proper break in instead of doing a couple donuts. Also its not like i spend thousands of dollars on this car.

I've got a total of 3000 invested in the whole thing, the cams I got for 50 bucks and since the motor was already out and had to be retimed as mark viiis are known to have tensioners failed it made sense to install them for free.

By the way, my buddy has been doing research with his mark viii for years, his combo ran perfect on nitrous and hooked like hell, it never spun, I don't know why but it did. We have done research on his setup and mine which is why we believe it'll run what we think.

Also, I'm not an idiot, I've got a turbo mustang mach 1 and basically built this whole car. Don't treat me with disrespect as I have never said anything dirogatory towards you, just voiced my oppinion saying that we have a goal with these mods to run this number and we are pretty sure we can get it.

No disrespect, but we can tell you of countless people who have had big tales to tell when it comes to a performance Mark VIII but when it came time to put it down the track they were disappointed. That is if it ever made it to the track.

There are those who talk the talk and then there are those who walk the walk.

Take it to the track.

No, not on a trailer.

And...

take it across the scales.

Then post the time slips and list your mods. Pics and vids will help too.

Until then we reserve the right to be cynical. :p

Driller's car totally amazes me! I have had my wife's car on the dyno a few times;) and I know what HP I put the the rear, my last sniper tuning escapade and dyno run netted 316 witch should put me well into the low 12's if not high 11's, but no show. A best of 12.98 the other runs 13 to 13.3's Drillers car runs that with a basically stock internal motor:eek:
Drilller How do you do it????????
Now my engine has a narrow peaky torque curve and a tall high HP slope put that together with tire burning 3:73 gears and a 3400 to 3800 stall and a stage 4 shift kit and a very firm lowered spring suspension with stock shocks and street tires I am happy if my wife makes it down the track in one piece, she has more #$@'s then most men when it comes to getting loose at 100MPH+.....
I believe getting the power to the ground becomes an issue, with power adders the HP and torque tend to be broad and level, I leave the line at 1500 catch 7K away goes the tires if you get it under control 2nd gear comes and away the ass end goes and so on and so on

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. You do have some wrong info if you think Cobra cams are going to give you 20 RWHP over the Mark cams though. My point was more good luck but it aint going to be easy. There are plenty of people like Geno, JP, Tilted and others that know what it takes to make these cars run and 12s with your mods will be tough to say the least. JP's got 4.30s and a stall plus more mods then you are talking about and he's come close but a 13.113 is a long way from a 12.99.

Drillers car runs that with a basically stock internal motor:eek:
Drilller How do you do it????????

I believe getting the power to the ground becomes an issue, with power adders the HP and torque tend to be broad and level, I leave the line at 1500 catch 7K away goes the tires if you get it under control 2nd gear comes and away the ass end goes and so on and so on

You answered your own question.

If the circumferential travel of the wheels do not linearly translate to the track, the car is loosing acceleration. ;)

That's a fancy way of saying if you are spinning you aren't seeing the full potential of the car. Furthermore, if you have to 'feather' the throttle off the line, you are not getting the best launch.

My mantra from day one of modifying the car has been to maintain traction. Throughout the prolonged process, if traction became an issue it was immediately forced to the forefront of the mods list before continuing with the ever evolving program.

It remains that way.

There are plenty of people like Geno, JP, Tilted and others that know what it takes to make these cars run and 12s with your mods will be tough to say the least. JP's got 4.30s and a stall plus more mods then you are talking about and he's come close but a 13.113 is a long way from a 12.99.

Yes, we know every tenth in ET is progressively harder to get. 12s is a long way from 13.1. :)

Driller, thats my point...if you can get the power your making to the ground and not spin getting a 12 second slip isn't hard. The problem is never making power its making use of it.

300 rwhp is good for a 12 second pass if you have a hard launch, a lot of gear, and good tires, and dont spin.

It's possible but a lot of things need to go your way.

Members online

Back