Hood modification

i like the idea of matte black on the hood and maybe only like 4 inches of silver down each side of the hood i think that would look slick.

i like the idea of matte black on the hood and maybe only like 4 inches of silver down each side of the hood i think that would look slick.

Thanks for the number of inches with regards to silver color.I like that too.I have it ready to go now but couldnt get pictures yet.Hopefully tomorrow.

hood mod

Ok, the snow has cleared finally(in atlanta?) and was able to get back to the shop.We bonded the insert in the lincoln hood and will let it set for a few days.I did a bit of block sanding between the mated pieces and it came up slick as a mole.Very minimum of filler will be needed.Pics this weekend.

pics or ban

I am at the mercy of my neighbors kid to come over and take the pictures.What can I say,I'm stuck in the 20th century.The middle of it.

hood mod

Sorry for the delay.I sent Jamie a few more pics to post for me now that its bonded all together for a week or more.My friend has real paying body and paint work so the buddy deal comes after these.Hopefully thursday or friday.I cant wait to see it done and get it on the car.

I subscribed to this thread when I joined, can not wait to see how it looks. My wife will :q:q:q:q when she walks into the garage one day and see her hood on her 2000 Stang is all cut up. :soapbox:

I subscribed to this thread when I joined, can not wait to see how it looks. My wife will :q:q:q:q when she walks into the garage one day and see her hood on her 2000 Stang is all cut up. :soapbox:
hahaha thats great. WHERE'S THE PICS??????

hahaha thats great. WHERE'S THE PICS??????

I have not grown the balls yet to attempt such a suicidal mission to date. I will await the results from the O/P and go from there. My wife goes to work earlier than I so sleeping is out of the question when it does happen.

hood

I have not grown the balls yet to attempt such a suicidal mission to date. I will await the results from the O/P and go from there. My wife goes to work earlier than I so sleeping is out of the question when it does happen.

I understand that.You could always call Broken arrow right?Hopefully Jamie will post the most recent pics soon.

Well, the paying jobs eased up at my buddys shop and he was able to get the hood far enough along to be primed and blocked tomorrow.Does anyone have any silver mist(Quart) they want to sell?I will be doing front and rear bumpers as well.I will try to get pics tomorrow.AFN

Hood mod

I sent one to Jamie but I'm affraid it wasnt very good.Because of the white hood and grey primer the definition in the photo is not there.I will see what I can do by friday.It does look real good.

hood mod. pictures

Here are the pictures you send me Tom

mark1.jpg

mark2.jpg

mark3.jpg

mark4.jpg

its cool to see some one doing some custom work.
i personally would have gone with the heat extractor style. with the dip facing the other direction.
something like this:

GOO%2099%20F350SD%20Heat%20Extractor%20Vents%20GHF101%20Big.jpg

R U goin to install the black plastic piece on the frontal face? Turned out nice, now all you have to do paint it, then it will give the look that we all need to give you all the praise in the whole damn world.

PS, great job. :D

hood

Thanks Guys,I also like the heat extractor hood but this was just experimenting with existing parts.Do they even make the extractor shell that would fit the profile of a lincoln MarkVIII Hood?

trolling for compliments

:)
R U goin to install the black plastic piece on the frontal face? Turned out nice, now all you have to do paint it, then it will give the look that we all need to give you all the praise in the whole damn world.

PS, great job. :D

LOLOLOLOLOLOL,I thought about doing the hood in a wrap which is cheap and I can change it around without much trouble.Its hard to see the detail I agree so will get the wrap material by the weekend and see what it looks like.I also thought about putting the hood scoop on it as well.Some say yes and some say no.This one had the holes for the scoop and yes the insert would really detail it.

looks great! you will get attention. i put louvers in mine so it really pulls heat out and it draws attention. good job on yours

Members online

No members online now.
Back