Hood modification

I think it looks slick as hell! Great job! I wonder how it would look if the opening was widened to the same width as the grill.

Looks great its not my style I think
Something along the lines if a 03/04 cobra
Hood Would be great
Your hood would look better on a Gen 2 imo

Looks good, but looks like the hood doesnt come to as much of a "point" in the middle as it should...

Looks good, but looks like the hood doesnt come to as much of a "point" in the middle as it should...

Its the chrome piece that is sitting too low.The front inch or so is all lincoln hood and then the mustang part starts from there.I had to match the mustang profile to the lincoln shape which was a bit of a trick.I also had to modify the metal hood latch which had way too much height to allow the mustang insert to sit flush. I cant wait to either get it painted or wrapped.

I personally would not do the wrap, I would paint to match. And also add the plastic insert to give the inset some depth and design.

paint

I personally would not do the wrap, I would paint to match. And also add the plastic insert to give the inset some depth and design.

I am leaning that way as well.The plastic insert is a must.What do you think about the mustang hood scoop or the one from an old cougar eliminator.I just saw the new scoop on 2011 mustang and wow.

I am leaning that way as well.The plastic insert is a must.What do you think about the mustang hood scoop or the one from an old cougar eliminator.I just saw the new scoop on 2011 mustang and wow.

Well I would first do the previous mentioned and if you have the scoop, well then have it painted also since the hood is being painted too. Then when all is painted, plastic trim inserted, look at it and say huh.

Then take the scoop and lay it on there and see what it looks like. Share a pic or two with us on with the scoop on. We will express our opinions with you and you go from there. Ultimately it is your decision, but our input will be nice :D. I personally in my mind will think the scoop will not look too good, but I really can not wrap my brain around it, yet. I think the appearance of it now, with the plastic insert will be enough to make any asshat like myself say WOW :eek:.

I think by putting that scoop on there may indeed be overboard. It will seem like one of those people that can not afford a real hood and stick those double or single scoops on with 3M tape and unpainted. Those in my mind are eyesores. But with the sumptle change you made by fabbing that hood will really be noticeable by itself from the normal Mark VIII. I think personally that what you did is just right, no less and no more, except for the black plastic insert. :D

No plastic insert put a real hole in there

You cut out that vent area and you will have all kind of crap going in there, and last thing I would want on a rainey day is water running in all over my engine. You go and open hood and find a crow welding face first to the intake. :eek:

You cut out that vent area and you will have all kind of crap going in there, and last thing I would want on a rainey day is water running in all over my engine. You go and open hood and find a crow welding face first to the intake. :eek:

dad knew a guy with a through the hood intake thingy on a 60s mustang. and everyday it rained, he would be late to work cuz his car wouldn't start and he'd have to get the water out of the intake. :rolleyes:

That just means you have to get a little creative with it... and use a vacuum operated style hood scoop from an old Mopar, oh yeah, lol

i found a finished picture someone else posted on lod of tom's hood finished so i'm bringing this post back up to the top and showing you all the finished hood, i actually like it alot, looks real nice.

attachment.php

I'm very indecisive on this one, very nice work, but I'm not sure if I like...perhaps if it was PSed on a Gen2 for comparison pics? Anyone?

You should be real proud of that job. It looks mean and menacing while still enhancing the overall appearance of the car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back