Got my windshield tinted (photos)

^^ I did that too. It helps a lot!!!

Thanks for all the comments people.

It is not bad at all, totally worth it and I will do it on any future rides (in addition) to the LS.

It was $80 through a friend of my gf's. But I tossed in another $10 because he stayed late to do it. He said he normally charges $100 for windshields, cash only of course.

What a POS!!......:shifty:

Okay, maybe I'm just a little jealous. I absolutely love your car. The tint looks GREAT and every time I look at it I wish mine was lowered again, I just had too many problems being that low where I drive.......:mad:

im thinking i might do this too...how much did it run you to get it tinted?

Sad part is, Pete - only a few of us are gonna catch that 80's reference. ;)

Drizz, as usual, you're uppin' the ante again! I don't think I'll ever be able to do this one. I'm playin' with fire as it is having my front sides tinted (Michigan doesn't allow for any except top 4 inches). So far, no stops - but now having said that I'll probably get pulled over.

Tru (who just knocked on wood, and is now looking for a salt shaker)

80? Jeez, I wonder how much its gonna cost me to get it done in jersey lol

Drizz, as usual, you're uppin' the ante again! I don't think I'll ever be able to do this one. I'm playin' with fire as it is

Same here... Would love to do this but not sure if it's worth the extra hassle around here :shifty:

Car looks amazing as always Drizz i think im doing the same when i get my tint replaced.

Also to BlackLS. Correct, OK no longer has inspections. Front plate free and sticker free windshield. Can't get any better than here.

NOw if only they would do away with turnpikes...

I like it, but it looks expensive. They are quite pissy down here with tint laws. Nothing on the windshield can be tinted other then the brow. 28% or lighter on front windows, and 15% or lighter on the rest. Only exception are services vehicles like Limos and Ambulances, etc.

You can usually get away with darker sides, but they will usually nail you for the windshield. They actually carry what looks like an index card that they hold behind the glass to measure the legal limit. Then they basically write you a fix-it ticket.

Still, looks nice.

come to new york you will get 10 tickets in a day

I'll stick with Florida. I was able to talk my way out of a reckless driving ticket. Those are the cops I want to be dealing with.

That car looks HOT! I love the way the front window tint really completes the car. But sadly I've only got the eyebrow. I do like that look too though.

I've wanted to get mine done for a while but wouldn't want darker than 50%. I drove my father-in-law's Tundra with a tinted windshield (50%) and the only time it was difficult to see was right at dusk.

Here in AR there are no front plates and no inspections either. It is very nice!

I have yet to be pulled over in my LS but then again im not as aggressive.

Once i get some more mods that will change.

Members online

No members online now.
Back