Gen 1 Headlight Project w/ HID install

a man who takes his time and does it right, is a good man. it looks like you did a great job Blue! I cant wait to get them and put them in. Thanks!

No worries, hopefully you'll have them within the next couple of days. I've made them as best I can. Just bare in mind that no two housings are identical and some of those chromes may be either slightly too long (or shallow) at the front - just depends how far in you cut the housings. I think they'll fit pretty well, though. Each piece is numbered and I have included a parts list, so you'll know where each part goes. I have also included some small sections of spare chrome.

do you leave the diffusers in, or would removing them alltogether be beneficial to more lumens output? do the bulbs fit ok with them in? i know they they are in there for a reason, but i wonder if it would help to leave them out. whats your thoughts?

Keep them in!!!

You'll have to pull them out to rechrome, but put them back in.

Pull them out by grabbing each leg at the base with pliers and giving a hard, straight pull - don't worry if they bend abit, they can be bent back to straight prior to putting them back in.

Can't comment on all HID kits, but mine had no interference between the bulbs and the diffusers.

Polished lenses, re-chromed housings and an HID kit will do wonders for your lights. The difference from (old) stock is amazing.

wow...thanks for bumping this post lol, now i can rechrome mine instead of get new ones...i wouldve never thought about using chrome tape, i thought it'd burn up inside there

Nope, it appears to be holding up just fine. My housings were done with rolls of Trimbrite, but that stuff is expensive and only comes in small, narrow rolls. Jamie put me onto this other stuff, which apparently works just as well. It's called Guardian Stripez and comes as a 14Ft x 8'' roll for around 11 bux. That is what I have used for the pre-cut trims I made. Actually has a nicer finish than Trimbrite, but is harder to work with, due to it being a tightly wrapped roll.

Stickers section of the main auto stores like Autozone, Advance Auto Parts etc.

what do you recommend

I just bought a 93 viii which hid kit do you recommend i buy and after the kit purchase are there any other parts(besides the materials you illustrated) i need to buy for the project?

Welcome to LvC!!!

Any brand HID kit should be ok. Others and myself have used kits from an Ebay seller called japanimportshop - reliable seller, but was slow to ship to me.

You will want a 9005 based kit with a color temp range between 4300K - 6000K. (I have 4300 but some others run the 6000, which has a slight blue tint)

Can't think of any special tools you'd need other than the obvious and general automotive tools. Only suggestion I have is to use the small Dremel reinforced cutting discs. (they are black) Oh, and wear goggles!

If you don't want to restore your headlight housings yourself, then contact jamie97lsc - he can restore them for you, for $120.

i just finished a set tonight for a member here, and a kid from largo just happened to look online for a headlight fix for his 95 and he found my name in google, so now his 95 is in my shop right now. i cut his housings open tonight and tomorrow will rechrome them, i am also installing a 6000k hid kit when i am done and he will be back to pick it up sunday. i'll take some pics this weekend and just post some fresh photos of yet another of the many headlights i've done!!

Just a recap. I have now had the 10,000K HID kit in for over 3 months now and still working perfect and just as bright as day one. No one has flashed me and I have yet to need my bright lights for any reason. Best $60 I have ever spent.
After a 30 min drive in the dark, I got out and touched the headlight lens and I can barely feel any heat with the lights still on. The halogens would have been very warm, if not hot. Glad I got them out before they had a chance to ruin my housings. All is still clear and bright!

Blue, that was a nicely cut kit you made. Cut out about 10, add instructions for the rest and put them on the bay for a buy it now. I think they would sell.

I could see Jamie trying to sit still and cut out that many pieces lol. His patience wears out thin too quickly, especially if his cell phone is close by and ringing.:D

f cell phones, i hate them, worst thing man ever invented!

+1 to that!

nolimit94VIII: Thanks - That set took me forever!. That Ebay idea of yours has crossed my mind - although I'm hesitant to support that site. I'll see...

That Ebay idea of yours has crossed my mind - although I'm hesitant to support that site. I'll see...

You're welcome and I understand what you mean about supporting eBay. Their fees are getting ridiculous but you could always put the kit on here for sale and maybe one kit at a time on eBay but add enough to it to compensate for the fees. I'm sure there a lot of Mark owners not associated with this site where on eBay, you might grab a larger audience. I would try at least one and see.

Jamie, I think you should invest in a bluetooth lol. I bet blue has one!

Jamie, I think you should invest in a bluetooth lol. I bet blue has one!

Hell no! Lol. In fact, I have a bit of a phobia when it comes to phones or anything associated with them.

I'll keep that Ebay thing in mind, as a last resort. When I get back from vacation, I'll make a couple of kits and see who here might want them, first.

Always have craigslist also. Keep that one in mind too. I never listed on there so don't know how that works but that's where I bought my 98 Mark transmission from with around 60,000 miles on it for $250 delivered to my door by the owner. I still have it wrapped in plastic until I get time to get it in.

Sorry about the phone phobia lol. I couldn't do without mine. Might miss out on some stray if I didn't have it. If I was married, I would throw it in the trash.;)

I just got my lights back from Jamie for cleaning & restoring them... and DAMN they look good.

The light pattern is spot on and the lenses are clear as day. Best $100 I ever spent.

Thanks Jamie!!!

no problem man thanks for letting me do them! best $100 dollars i never even got to hold :(
now get an aftermarket 4300k or 6000k hid kit and you'll crap yourself!!

Yep I'm gonna try to track down Mafioso and see what he's got for me.

Any chance you've had a minute to climb into your loft and see about the door bracket?

Ill jsut throw this out there, look up hidguy.net

Cheap hids, with life time warr and really thin ballasts. Run them on a few cars.

And let me get this right, the marks that came with stock hids, only have them on low beam and not high beam right?

Members online

No members online now.
Back