Do I want this??? C/L listing

next opportunity:
can this rear quarter be fixed by a body man? I have a door and fender lined up...122k miles, inter and drivetrain in VGC..asking 800
qtr_panel.gif

94qtr.gif

Now, I would never pay over $1000 for a Mark. I $2500 for my CE, that was the only one. I like finding Marks where the previous owners have given up on it and want them gone. Down here there's a bunch. I have a standard ad I run in CL, advertising I buy Mark VIII's. I get a call once in a while. Just got a call on a black 93 I am going to look at tomorrow. Our cars are not worth much. Knowing what we know it is beneficial to us to buy a Mark dirt cheap. And bring it back. My current 97, cost me $300, and I'be put about $2000 into it over the spans of nine months.

next opportunity:
can this rear quarter be fixed by a body man? I have a door and fender lined up...122k miles, inter and drivetrain in VGC..asking 800
qtr_panel.gif

94qtr.gif

It could probably be fixed with a donor quarter panel. I think that's what Driller had to do with his, but can't remember for sure...

It could probably be fixed with a donor quarter panel. I think that's what Driller had to do with his, but can't remember for sure...
well, the 94 I pulled parts from earlier this week has a good pass. side fender, door, and rear qtr panel.....but pulling that rear qtr is apparently a big, messy job...the ends may not justify the means this time

todaythis car found me:
a non-emission passing '96
base model, 110k, air ride, clean ext and int. champagne ext color and tan int.; sunroof, air ride;
P0142 CEL code....
now, I can clear that CEL with my SCT, but whether that will allow it to pass inspection, no telling..
any thoughts on resolving this code? Secondary air injection system switching valve P0142 ('smog pump'?)
I've read that best case scenarion it could be just a fuse, or a loose gas cap

I have driven home 2nd gens for $400-500 on several occasions. A wrecked 1st gen with no engine wouldn't interest me at all. Figure up what it weighs with the engine missing, see what the junkyard is paying per 100 lbs., offer him the same thing they would pay. You shouldn't pay more than $350 for it though.

Do I want this...

based on someone's suggestion (Gman?) I placed an ad on C/L...WTB Mark VIII,
...so this guy contacted me a few days ago before creating this ad, said he would take 35, and his reason for selling was he has 4 cars and can't afford insurance on all 4...odd reason, but whatever;
also looks like he used one of these http://gtcarlot.com/colors/Lincoln/Mark+VIII/1998/
as a listing photo
....when I told him I'd need to get it on a lift to look underneath he said he works and doesn't have time for 'all that'....
looks nice, but....????
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/3514684751.html

based on someone's suggestion (Gman?) I placed an ad on C/L...WTB Mark VIII,
...so this guy contacted me a few days ago before creating this ad, said he would take 35, and his reason for selling was he has 4 cars and can't afford insurance on all 4...odd reason, but whatever;
also looks like he used one of these http://gtcarlot.com/colors/Lincoln/Mark+VIII/1998/
as a listing photo
....when I told him I'd need to get it on a lift to look underneath he said he works and doesn't have time for 'all that'....
looks nice, but....????
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/3514684751.html

that last picture is deffinetly a rip off picture from google images most likely, although if that is his car, 69000 miles is pretty damn good, go check it out test everything out, make sure it doesn't have all the typical 2nd gen problems with blend door, telescopic steering, power seats etc...Drive it till its good and warm so you get a good feel for how the trans shifts..sh*t bring your scan tool to see if there's any hidden codes. If he won't let you get it on a lift, bring 2 jacks with you if you have them and jack one side of the car up nice and high so you can get a peek underneath it.

the ad's gone...must have been a nice car and/or a great price....98 LSC, 69k miles, asked 4200

someone contacted with her '98 Mark...not running, parked for over a month now with @150k miles; she says she was told: "it needs new a new head that it has water in the oil"
..that's beyond my capabilities...what would I be looking at for repair if that's truly all it needs?
1200?

she says she was told: "it needs new a new head that it has water in the oil"

it would probably need a motor cuz its cheaper than doing a head.

also. that oil pressure thing where the opsu is has both coolant and oil. with the gasket that goes bad. sometimes they mix there.

well, it won't start...but that could be for a multitude of reasons...a bad (flattened) oil fil adpt gask will cause oil and coolant to mix?
if I do go look at it, what should I look for?
she was asking 1500, came down to 12, then 1000....I told her it's a parts car worth 250 to the smasher...didn't mean to but maybe I was being truthful!

true, 218 is a few...I wonder how long it will go???
I love his description:
"It is a very fast car so it's not intended for the weak at heart or unresponsible."
"Non smoker-Non Kid car. So it doesnt smell like a ashtray or french fries. "

Salvagable 98 BOB?? Needs front bumper and paint for sure..some interior parts here and there. Not sure if its worth it or not..what do you guys think? Maybe I'm just in awe on how damn clean those Chrome 10 spokes are.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/3504119817.html

I've been bored looking at craigslist tonight and my god there are a TON of cheap mark viiis for sale in the phoenix area..if you search "mark viii" and "mark 8" there's at least a dozen listings that have potential and are cheap..I'm way jealous, wish I lived down there :(

I started out just wanting that grill, (mine has been missing a tooth for about 3 years) which is in VERY GOOD condition....the other stuff is gravy...best part is the kid's dad, who builds cars there, pulled everything but the VRCM...apparently all of the front suspension (ball joints etc) was replaced about 20k ago...the kid has but doen't need the IMRC's which hold VAC

The IMRCs on a 96 are their own animal.94s wont do you any good.Maybe you already knew that but just in case you didnt.

Members online

Back