Do I want this??? C/L listing

so then...what are some of the major (drivetrain/suspension/exhaust?) components interchangable between this 97 and my 96?

Looks like black interior.:D Most everything is interchangeable with extra work to change the little thinks that are different.

just over 200k....he'll take a grand, maybe less
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/3435486078.html

here's a couple more pics, info
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/3406702412.html
it's right around the corner from me.....if I buy it I'll have an excuse to clean out the other side of my garage...lol

I'd buy it for sure. Throw them a $900.00 offer, if not then raise it to the $1k they want. Either way I think it's worth it. Looks fairly clean for a 200k car. Interior looks decent & exterior just needs a good wash/wax. Go for it. Your signature needs 2 Marks. :D

Looks good to me. With no air ride to speak of, I wouldn't let the mileage worry me too much, as long as the car appears to have been well-maintained. My biggest issue is it being a base model and not a LSC, but that's just a minor preference thing, and, for the price, you can't beat it (unless there's something wrong with it that you notice in person or on the test drive).

There's a '96 base near me for $950, black with a tan interior. Was probably a beautiful car when new, but looks like it's got a few minor issues. If it was an LSC, I'd probably still at least go look at it for that price, but I'm really holding out for a OBD-I car. If I wanted OBD-II, I'd probably rather have a gen-II than a '96, just because I like the interiors and rear end styling better on those. My plan is to someday have an 93-95 Gen-I as my performance car, and a Gen-II (preferably LSC) as a cruiser.

And before people start making assumptions about what I said about liking the interior and rear end of the Gen-II better, I should probably clear this up... When it comes to choosing sides, I'm a Gen-I guy! :D

The parts are worth more. I think it is a no brainer.

That looks like the AAS 1.5" lowered kit w/o the rear spring isolators installed (Saggy). Other than that all I see is some missing switch covers, torn moonroof (Aftermarket btw) cover, Cupholder looks funny, missing windshield washer button, and the headlight trim.

For 200k that appears to be in very good shape. Get a grand out of the bank and go check it out. If it runs and drives ok... buy it.

another snooze and lose...
it's sold...
seller claims he got 1300, which is more than I'd have paid...he also says
"Sunroof was stock and don't know about the coils but they were ford shocks and coils."

this is not a C/L listing...but I met a guy at the local AZ with a wrecked 94 Mark...T-boned at driver door, rear 1/4.....120k miles; clean interior and ext where it's not hit; the engine is gone;
tranny is in the trunk and apparently in good shape, possibly rebuilt if he has documentation
....front clip is clean, rear lights are good; interior is tan, and clean...coils have been removed; a hub swap was done-5x4.5'' with stock brakes and bored rotors
....for $650 he'll drop it in my driveway.....hmmm
should I do it?

this is not a C/L listing...but I met a guy at the local AZ with a wrecked 94 Mark...T-boned at driver door, rear 1/4.....120k; clean interior and ext where it's not hit; the enigine is gone; tranny is in the trunk and apparently in good shape, possible rebuilt recently if he has documentation....front clip is clean, interior is tan, and clean...coils have been removed....for $650 he'll drop it in my driveway.....hmmm
should I do it?

Hell no! The most important component is gone! I'd say it's worth $350 & only because you can sell some parts off of it & grab other parts for you but the car isn't worth a penny more. Ask that j@ck @ss to call any one of those "junk car" buyers. They will give him $500 with motor in it. He's trying to steal from you!

Offer him 500, if you have a good engine handy. Cos it ain't gonna sell fast, and he probably knows that.
I got a nice door shell for mine up in Helena for $150 at the yard after the punks across the street backed into it in the middle of the night.

well, I started talking to him b/c I want the grill, corner lights..he also has the tranny, and the 5 x 4.5'' hubs...
still ''HELL NO''
?

Hell no! The most important component is gone! I'd say it's worth $350 & only because you can sell some parts off of it & grab other parts for you but the car isn't worth a penny more. Ask that j@ck @ss to call any one of those "junk car" buyers. They will give him $500 with motor in it. He's trying to steal from you!

True, but if it's clean it's prolly been maintained... then again, what happened to the engine?
Hmmm...

Offer him 500, if you have a good engine handy. Cos it ain't gonna sell fast, and he probably knows that.
I got a nice door shell for mine up in Helena for $150 at the yard after the punks across the street backed into it in the middle of the night.
I don't have an engine..nor will I;
I'm interested in the grill; the tranny; the hubs? maybe the lights for restore and resell;
-nothing from the interior?

True, but if it's clean it's prolly been maintained... then again, what happened to the engine?
Hmmm...
he's a Cobra guy; he's already made money from the engine/PCM, and Cobra mags that WERE on it
-aren't those (4) 5x4.5'' hubs worth something? 2-300?

I don't have an engine..nor will I;
I'm interested in the grill; the tranny; the hubs? maybe the lights for restore and resell;
-nothing from the interior?

OH, well in that case offer him just over what the junkyard would give him and have him drag it over :lol:

Members online

No members online now.
Back