coyote swap?

96mark8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
It just makes me sick everytime i think about how in a few weeks there will be v6 mustang as fast if not faster then my mark:( i was reading over on svt proformance http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...w-coyote-5-0-v8-dynod-395-rwhp-440-crank.html how dyno tests of bone stock 2011 mustang gt's putting down 395rwhp :eek: i know these bad boys are not even out yet but i am already planing a swap LOL! so who wants to speculate with me :D what problems do you think i might run into trying to get a 5.0 to work in a mark? how much would a 5.0 cost out of a wrecked gt in the summer of 2011? my guess is 5G's i also read the 5.0 fully dressed weights about 450 pounds how much does a mark moter weight? any other toughts on this subject are also welcome.

what problems do you think i might run into trying to get a 5.0 to work in a mark?

ETC is going to anally rape you with a handful of beach sand thrown in for lubrication.

Meh... swaps are cool, but usually they never happen. Its just like how I have considered one day getting a k-member from a t-bird that came with a 5.0 and putting a 351 in its place. I dont think I have ever seen a engine swapped 8, except for stuff at the dragstrip. But it's not going to happen any time soon... The work required to get that thing to work 100 percent in our car is a little above the average knowledge base.

And the one test that showed like 386 at the wheels was tested in 4th gear. 4th gear is not 1:1 on the Stang. Its 5th gear that is the 1:1 gear. I have been suprised watching the two dyno runs done by magazines and both times it was in 4th. I was like WTF? Dont you ass hats know what you are doing?

Now I have thought about this very swap but decided its too hard. With the VVT and the DBW throttle and then the custom brackets for the accesories.... just too much work.

hmmm drive by wire, electronic power steering, 5.0 n/a DOHC swapped gen 2. interesting

as to the cost i dont think it will be near 10G for an engine. you have to remember that they probally make 20 GT's for every cobra. after a year of production ford will have most likely have made more then double the amout of 5.0's then they did termi engines in two years. in 3-4 years coyote engines will be a dime a dozen. planing the swap for next summer is ambitious on my part and will probally not happen. but i garentee in 3-4 years when the engines can be had for dirt cheap i will try this swap. i swaped a t56 in my mark and dont mind fabing stuff to make the 5.0 fit. you guys do bring up good pionts about the DBW and eleictronic power steering but what do you guys mean by ECT and VVT? sry i dont know all the car slang!

no way, and if you did try it, it will drive like the toyota DBW lmfao!!
you'll never get one of those motors for anywhere close to 5 g's, by the time you get the motor, trans, wiring, everything needed to pull it off, 10 grand easy.

no way, and if you did try it, it will drive like the toyota DBW lmfao!!
you'll never get one of those motors for anywhere close to 5 g's, by the time you get the motor, trans, wiring, everything needed to pull it off, 10 grand easy.

i can get a 09 mustang gt moter with everthing but TB and only 20k miles for 1500 at a local junkyard. 5g for everthing i would need buy next summer might not happen but in 3-4 years it would be easy.

o yea lmfao at the toyota thing that would be funny as balls i can imagine myself now on the first test drive having a DBW failure!!!

o yea and i have the trans a t56 should bolt up i think

3-4 years maybe, an 09 motor is alot different than a motor thats not even in the public's hands yet!! apples to apples, not apples to orange's!!

Engine swaps are almost always cool... but if you just want a rowdy ass car you can throw enough boost down a 4.6 4v's throat to make all the power you want, so it's not something I'd bother doing.

just take a 2011 for a test drive, beat the piss out of it, wreck under that fake license you gave them, wait for it to show up in the junkyard and you don't have to wait as long

The new 5.0 isn't really that big of a deal, Ford is simple making what people have been doing to the 4.6, stroking it to 5.0. The biggest deal is the VVT with that these motors are broad on power and torque off idle straight to the top. Just stroke your 4.6 and find a way to implement the VVT:D

I'm considering a V6 stang as a daily driver.

This summer, they'll have the 'performance' version, which will be the 305hp engine and the GT suspension.

Plenty of grunt, and a BMW killer for handling. :)

Oh, at 24k. :eek:

The new V-6 'Stang is awesome. Who needs a GT when you can have 305hp and sub-14 second 1/4 mile runs? Plus 31mpg (well, more like 25 or so in the "real world" - the EPA is woefully optimistic). But BMW killer handling? I just don't think so. With cheap-a$$ McPherson struts (disclaimer: I hate struts. Struts are for cheesy Korean econoboxes. I prefer a proper upper and lower control arm setup like the one in our Mark VIII's) in the front and an ancient live axle in the back, I just don't see it keeping pace with a Bimmer. But I could be wrong.

The new V-6 'Stang is awesome. Who needs a GT when you can have 305hp and sub-14 second 1/4 mile runs? Plus 31mpg (well, more like 25 or so in the "real world" - the EPA is woefully optimistic). But BMW killer handling? I just don't think so. With cheap-a$$ McPherson struts (disclaimer: I hate struts. Struts are for cheesy Korean econoboxes. I prefer a proper upper and lower control arm setup like the one in our Mark VIII's) in the front and an ancient live axle in the back, I just don't see it keeping pace with a Bimmer. But I could be wrong.

With a minor upgrade here or there:

http://www.griggsracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=4332_4309_4320_4329&products_id=582

:D

Members online

No members online now.
Back