chickens newest project

cool good to see another dohc up and runnin, and it looks like you followed our plug wire routing in the vid. down the road yet?

web size erics new eng 48.jpg

I'm not entirely sure I see the point of swapping a 4v into a SC unless you plan on making north of 400rwhp (which is IMO approximately the highest either motor will put up with on stock internals.)

I just dumped a 4v for a SC actually (of course that's just because I live a mile over sea level, and I can make up the 2.5psi difference with a pulley.)

i think i heard about your prob jbird97 on tccoa? midwestbird is a member there too (the owner of the t-bird)

95sc is right, it wasn't that bad sohc to dohc, hell ive considered doing it again, hows your swap coming v6sc to v8dohc

yea, its nativedetroiter's bird on tccoa, its been awhile since we've worked on it, i was only able to make it over to help a couple times, 97quickcat was doin most of the work and i guess he got promoted and is workin more or something like that, so far the bird is stuck how it has been for awhile, two female connectors just dont work, so its a matter of either finding a different harness that will work or finding a set of wiring diagrams and goin at it

I'm not entirely sure I see the point of swapping a 4v into a SC unless you plan on making north of 400rwhp (which is IMO approximately the highest either motor will put up with on stock internals.)

I just dumped a 4v for a SC actually (of course that's just because I live a mile over sea level, and I can make up the 2.5psi difference with a pulley.)

well his brother is that black gen 2 thats runnin in the 11's (i think)

as for my never ending project, took some vids of the new exhaust, first 2 are just a couple quick free revs
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=18391454
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=18391746
one just rolling through the parking lot at work (lots of traffic background noise)
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=18392077
pulling out of work and down 23
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=18393070
and back
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=18392756
damn traffic everywhere, so lots of background noise, and that big bridge he drives under is 88 so LOTS of noise
and as for the project...........................................might not make it into chat tomorrow, because were gonna strip the car from all trim etc, yup its time for paint :D no more peeling green, black hood, and blue eng bay, all is gonna be that pretty blue just like the eng bay soon, so lots more pics will be coming soon, as the disassembly begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all i gotta say is after everything else taking the body apart and putting it back together should be cake

yup sounds good and thanks to the ls letup with the muffs mounted on their side for the idea to make the set up look non-rice

That's awesome 95sc, any more pics? The car sounds healthy...
Thanks,video was taken on stock open headers.Here are few pictures with my unpainted hood.

cool good to see another dohc up and runnin, and it looks like you followed our plug wire routing in the vid. down the road yet?
Thanks,I've had it around a block and everything works.I'll be pulling the engine out soon because I'm in the process of building forged teksid block.

well his brother is that black gen 2 thats runnin in the 11's (i think)
Yes,that's my brothers Mark VIII

My sc was running mid 13s so swapping 4v was a downgrade but I'd never do that I wanted to keep stock 4v engine.I'm building another forged Teksid block now that it's gonna get dropped in over witer time and power adder is on the way:D . I started braking drivetrain parts like crazy.5-speed and 370RWTQ was very not friendly to my drivetrain parts.I broke my 5 speed trans 3 times,driveshaft, almost lost my irs pumpkin because mount twisted.My 95sc was a very fun car on the street but 13 sec cars these days are kind of slow.After last visit to the track I run best of 13.5 @103 mph[here is one of my videos 95SC ] and got back home on the trailer with broken driveshaft and the trans and that's what put me over the edge.

ill work on my own car when the mods are free, so if anyone has something they wanna give me ill take it :D
as for the project, after work tonight we started disassembly, and im hoping it will be ready for my friends Bonneville meet next weekend and show these kids how its done
so heres some pics (sorry some are blurry, camera gets confused on what to focus on i guess)

web size preppin for paint 001.jpg

web size preppin for paint 002.jpg

web size preppin for paint 003.jpg

web size preppin for paint 004.jpg

web size preppin for paint 005.jpg

web size preppin for paint 006.jpg

web size preppin for paint 007.jpg

95sc, any updates on your bro's car? Last I heard he got a really high stall converter and was doing some crazy 60 foot times...

Hmmm... are you my friend... do you work for free...

How about some Nestle's Candy would you work for that...

trust me i got plenty of candy, you know this. as for your friend...yes, as for working for free.............uhhhhhhhhhh, no, like ive said before im a whore!

Chicken sorry for a little hijacking. I'm thinking about changing color on my bird.What color are you guys using?

95sc, any updates on your bro's car? Last I heard he got a really high stall converter and was doing some crazy 60 foot times...
We have some projects going around our houses lately so not much work on our cars.He's got everything finished on his blown mark ,he just waiting to get it redynotuned ,most likely 1-3 weeks because the shop is busy now.

Derek

the color is a 06+ mustang color "vista blue" look at some of the eng bay pics for an idea of the color. if your gonna change color you should of done that while the eng was out so the bay will match the car, thats why the bird has had a blue eng bay for the last year.
as for updates..............................2 days in the body shop and no work :( good thing we stripped it for them so they can get a head start

ok so the car has been in the body shop for a week and......................:mad:
they've done damn near nothing, sure theres been some work but no real progress, soooo maybe it will be finished by 08, with the speed these guys are going anything is possible, good thing that WE disassembled it or they would probably still be doing that :(
but heres some pics of whats done so far, and a old one of the eng bay for a color reference

web size body work in progress 001.jpg

web size body work in progress 002.jpg

web size body work in progress 003.jpg

web size body work in progress 004.jpg

web size body work in progress 005.jpg

web size body work in progress 006.jpg

web size body work in progress 007.jpg

web size body work in progress 008.jpg

web size body work in progress 009.jpg

web size erics new eng 57.jpg

Last edited:
ok well its been a week and now its kinda sanded, so maybe a couple more weeks and ill have some pics of a kick ass blue bird

web size body work in progress 010.jpg

web size body work in progress 011.jpg

web size body work in progress 012.jpg

web size body work in progress 013.jpg

web size body work in progress 014.jpg

web size body work in progress 015.jpg

web size body work in progress 016.jpg

web size body work in progress 017.jpg

ok, so i got some pics, the car is in primer and "should" be blocked possibly next week, i cant post pics yet as my computer is crashing/ locking up every couple minutes, especially if i try to make it do 2 things at once errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
so hopefully my dad can fix it while im changing my moms starter today *crosses fingers* so wish me luck and i might have some updated pics later

you have to love body work i have not done it in a few months and can still taste and smell the filler and paint at times and i do wear a mask and body gear when you think your ready for paint take a few more days let everthing cure special high build primer nothing is worst then sanding scratches bleeding threw your paint

ok, so i got some pics, the car is in primer and "should" be blocked possibly next week, i cant post pics yet as my computer is crashing/ locking up every couple minutes, especially if i try to make it do 2 things at once errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
so hopefully my dad can fix it while im changing my moms starter today *crosses fingers* so wish me luck and i might have some updated pics later

gotta stop downloading them pr0n virus'....lol

hope to check out the new pics!

thats probably what it was :rolleyes:
actually, my putator has a integrated video card (that didnt work and was disabled) so another was added (all before i got it) then somehow the old integrated card was enabled, and was messing everything up 2 vid cards+1 monitor=HELL on my putator, so we are back to using the old one and removed the newer and so far so good, but its late so ill upload some pics tomorrow

Members online

No members online now.
Back