chickens newest project

Will this project ever be done LOL.... It's looking very good chicken

nope it will never end, once it gets out of paint i gotta swap in markviii rear lower control arms (alum vs cast iron) do a set of gauge faces from someone over at tccoa, make a cold air box out of tinted plexi glass, put the subs back in and make a finish panel for the sub box, it goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on :rolleyes: someday................................

great job so far chicken!!!! So I assume the car wont be done by the end of this year huh? LOL

uhhhhhhh nope probably not.....but at least i can move it around now, so the other night i pulled it around to the shop and threw in the 1/4 windows, and we swapped the right rear lower control arm with the markviii one, and installed poly knuckle bushings on the right rear too. no pics as i forgot the camera of course the day i dont bring it is the day i get a chance to work on it
the front and rear bumpers are primed and now hes lookin at suede swatches, and then i get to do the rear speaker covers, and the door inserts

You should of made a tv show on this car its a lot cooler then the same old boring 69 camaro everybody else is doing

they got the bumper covers sprayed today. i aint got no pics cuz i turned on my camera it opened half way then closed, dead batteries :( but midwestbird got a couple, so im sure he will throw them up somewhere

Last edited:
here ya go...
100_0956.jpg

100_0959.jpg

100_0957.jpg

100_0961.jpg

chicken lemme know for sure when it's done, im not that far from you, ill come look.

chicken lemme know for sure when it's done, im not that far from you, ill come look.

for the body work, or all of it? if its just the body then probably a couple months or so. if you wanna see it completed, hell i dunno when thats gonna be, maybe 10-12 years :D every time i turn around he has something else he wants me to do. hell it was running with the mark engine for a year till he decided to rip the whole thing apart to have it painted.

p.s. nice pics "MWB" epically the rear cover where you can see us in the reflection

almost everything is painted, just a few small things left, we are looking at reassembling everything around the end of jan
sorry for the pics, taken with my phone

new paint 056.jpg

new paint 057.jpg

new paint 058.jpg

new paint 059.jpg

new paint 060.jpg

PROGRESS!!!!!!!! look its a car! since we won the war at work, a can work on the bird when i run out of work, we actually got something done. i put on the door handles, mirrors, window channels rewire the doors (when they pulled them for paint all the wiring stayed with the car) Eric put in the rear lights, and we are gonna stay late tomorrow night and throw some more stuff on, ill be late into chat but ill be there......eventually
i know its dusty as hell but she will clean up nicely. and the trunk looks funny cuz its not latched. i gotta try to figure out how the hell to build the lid, somehow i see my self doing this tomorrow night ugh..........anyways here some pics

web size new paint 061.jpg

web size new paint 062.jpg

web size new paint 063.jpg

web size new paint 064.jpg

web size new paint 065.jpg

web size new paint 066.jpg

web size new paint 067.jpg

web size new paint 068.jpg

web size new paint 069.jpg

got the trunk done today, well the latches, lights, wiring, seal, etc and it took only a few minutes, so with the left over time i played with the interior a little. just a update on that all the interior, all the panels have been painted charcoal gray with some special plastic paint and adhesion promoter i guess we will see how it lasts, only things not painted is the dash (yet) and a few other accents. so that brings you up to date. so he painted the front speaker grills some shade of blue that matches the exterior, well on the tbirds there is a triangle insert with a horrible pattern (IMO) so he got some blue micro suede and i made new inserts, now in the pics they are not glued in just tucked in so dont mind the ripples they will be removed after its glued. then for the rear speaker covers we wrapped the entire speaker cover with the suede and painted the grill the charcoal

web size new paint 070.jpg

web size new paint 071.jpg

web size new paint 072.jpg

web size new paint 073.jpg

web size new paint 074.jpg

web size new paint 075.jpg

hell rich, i couldn't watch it go, and midwestbird knows that ill buy it before that happens. thanks for all the compliments guys. did some more work today, but no pics cuz door seals, speakers and a little bit of trim isnt very exciting. "MWB" got the trunk carpet and the spare in, and we have lots of the suede left so who knows what else will be blue suede :D

chicken that thing is freakin sweet. one question for you, is it easier to swap our mark viii engines into a thunderbird than a mustang. I really want manual man, im thinking about doing a side project, because i'm at the point where I really really appreciate the mark viii as a stock car, i feel bad driving it hard because its fun...

i see markviii motors for reasonable prices, I would love to do a mustang up with a 4v if its relatively straight forward. I love manual, auto is so causal and comfortable that i hate getting on the mark so much, because to me it either creeps around or its in haul ass mode - im so impressed with the drivability, but the fun factor for me isnt there being its so big and its auto - even though i have coil springs and a 1.5 inch drop. - i get by for now :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back