chickens newest project

ok new pics and opinion time.....well he got the rear windows tinted, and he threw on another set of rims (he has 3 full sets of wheels, not counting his 4 donuts!!!) so yup he has his speedstars for his summer wheels, and now hes trying to figure out what wheels will be his winter wheels and what will be used for his track tires. he just needs 2, hes got the SC aluminum spairs for the fronts. so let us know if the "older style" supercoupe rims (driverside) or the "newer style" (passenger side) look better.
so heres a "few" pics, all pretty much self explanatory, some i tried to get Fancy with so whatever and theres one of his door panel through the window so everyone can see that the suede inserts actually do match the paint (the flash makes it look highlighter blue when its not). its funny how much interior stuff weighs, the front of the car is fully assembled but the rear is still gutted (was waiting on tint guy) so thats why its 9 feet in the air in the rear.
and the last pic is the "big ole barn door" we had to move to get the car out of the garage lol

web size finally almost done 002.jpg

web size finally almost done 003.jpg

web size finally almost done 004.jpg

web size finally almost done 005.jpg

web size finally almost done 006.jpg

web size finally almost done 007.jpg

web size finally almost done 008.jpg

web size finally almost done 009.jpg

web size finally almost done 010.jpg

web size finally almost done 011.jpg

web size finally almost done 012.jpg

web size finally almost done 014.jpg

web size finally almost done 015.jpg

web size finally almost done 017.jpg

web size finally almost done 018.jpg

web size finally almost done 019.jpg

web size finally almost done 020.jpg

web size finally almost done 022.jpg

web size finally almost done 023.jpg

web size finally almost done 024.jpg

web size finally almost done 025.jpg

web size finally almost done 026.jpg

web size finally almost done 028.jpg

web size finally almost done 029.jpg

Looks cool Chicken is midwestbird going to be at the meet in Boscobel this year?

thats his 14.1 (smoking the street tires and going sideways through the traps) drag truck, shes mean! and she is as aerodynamic as a "barn door" so thats what we call it

Looks great! Hope he does come to the meet, would be great to check this bird out!

ok, so he threw on the speedstars, and painted the calipers (again green, then silver and now red). the first few pics are with the rims, then we threw on some red pinstripe (note the stripe is held on with a few pieces of masking tape) were not really sure on the stripe, it just seems that the car is a whole lotta blue, and a little contrast might be good to break things up. let me be the first to say i hate pin striping especially red, but i feel that it looks good, like the car needed it. so it looks like were gonna stripe it, we would like to go smaller (thats 1/8" and we would like to find some 1/16") maybe do a double stripe, i was also thinking instead of red to use a black and silver double stripe, incorporating the colors of the eng to the outside of the car.
also he kinda was thinking of poss having it say "thundermark" along the bottom front corner of the doors maybe like a foot long, so any photoshop guru's that could help i included some door pics (sorry my camera doesn't zoom out very far)

web size finally almost done 030.jpg

web size finally almost done 031.jpg

web size finally almost done 032.jpg

web size finally almost done 033.jpg

web size finally almost done 034.jpg

web size finally almost done 035.jpg

web size finally almost done 036.jpg

web size finally almost done 037.jpg

web size finally almost done 038.jpg

web size finally almost done 039.jpg

web size finally almost done 040.jpg

web size finally almost done 041.jpg

web size finally almost done 042.jpg

nice he should lower the car and throw a cobra intake on it to free some space way back there in the engine bay:)

the car is lowered (2" drop springs) its just that none of the interior is in the back of the car, and uhhhh a cobra intake? your kidding right, there were questions on if the hood would close with the gen 1 intake, remember this aint a markviii the eng bay is shorter and shallower

the car is lowered (2" drop springs) its just that none of the interior is in the back of the car, and uhhhh a cobra intake? your kidding right, there were questions on if the hood would close with the gen 1 intake, remember this aint a markviii the eng bay is shorter and shallower

o I thought there were cobra R hoods for tunderbirds

Dusting off an ongoing old thread...
Chicken and a trans guy did the 300-450jmod to the Thundermark and it is great! It realy hits nice between 1-2 and 2-3, I would recommend it to anyone.

The best so far is a 14.39@96.???mph. It didnt want to shift real consistant, so hopefilly after the jmod it will be better(fingers crossed). Oh I was hoping to be in the 13s, even a13.999999

Last edited:
What exhaust are you running that sounds great! Also, why not go tremec? and did you do the hub conversion or do they make those wheels in our pattern?

Members online

No members online now.
Back