chickens newest project

Thats what I wanted to do with my bird, but I just bouhgt a Mark instead.
I still love thunderbirds though, good work.

Sound real good, plenty loud. Needs a shift kit.

Damn bikers.

Vroom, vroom....Mazda??

no kit as of yet, marauder converter, and a quick re-seal a year or so ago, but still the orig trans with 176k i think a shift kit would kill it, the programmer does enough. the 410's should make it interesting. as for the vroom vroom lol i was trying to signal him to rev it up (he started it with his remote start) and yes sadly the only thing that worked was me saying "vroom vroom" lol
ps mazda is Zoom Zoom

182K MILES...I can adjust the line pressure with the programmer but thats it and I only went 5% firmer, it can go to 20% I think.

182K MILES...I can adjust the line pressure with the programmer but thats it and I only went 5% firmer, it can go to 20% I think.

ehh 182 whatever, my point is it has a fu<k load of miles and i think a kit would finish it off for sure. didnt you kick it up to 10% and snap your neck of was it at 20%, either way the 410's will make one hell of a differance, i think i made him feel bad at gld a couple years ago so he is making sure that wont happen again, he allready has like a sec on me with the dohc alone, so im sure all im gonna see from now on is the taillights, bye, bye birdie :eek:

ok, maby the title should be "chickens never ending project" (if a moderator can do this then have at it)
anyways, lately ive been busy updating the sys in midwestbird's "thundermark" he had some kenwood 5x7's in the front and some misc 5x7's in the rear with his 2 alpine type r 10's and a hifonics (sp?) amp, well now..........
6.5" in the rear
6.5" components in the front
and a 4ch hifonics amp
i just wish the bird had a better location for the tweeter, i like the "stock sys look"

erics new sys 1.JPG

erics new sys 2.JPG

erics new sys 3.JPG

erics new sys 4.JPG

erics new sys 5.JPG

erics new sys 6.JPG

erics new sys 7.JPG

there has to be another location to put that tweeter? like on one of the pillar's perhaps. it is not recommended to put tweeter that close to a speaker. but whatever do what you want. either way over all... that t-bird is looking really good.

Thanks, its getting there. I didnt want to do a lot of cutting into parts that are getting hardwer to get. We thought about the A pillar and on TCCOA there are a few people putting them in the map pocket location. Either way that was alot of cutting.

We started yet another phase that sucked. Aluminum diff with 4.10 tl, so I had a 4" aluminum driveshaft made and they put the wrong slip yoke on the shaft!!! We were all ready to finish it last night until we couldnt get the yoke into the tailshaft. According to a bathroom scale the loaded al diff only weighs 11lbs less than the iron one:(

We started yet another phase that sucked. Aluminum diff with 4.10 tl, so I had a 4" aluminum driveshaft made and they put the wrong slip yoke on the shaft!!! We were all ready to finish it last night until we couldnt get the yoke into the tailshaft. According to a bathroom scale the loaded al diff only weighs 11lbs less than the iron one:(

well the entire thing didnt suck, the exhaust did, due to exhaust shop installed the exhaust, then put in the hangers into the mounts then welded them to the pipe. which resulted in a un-removable exhaust, dont worry a cutoff wheel did the trick. overall it took about an hour to drop the exhaust, and 30 min to pull the diff (using geno's method VERY EASY) and yes the stupid driveshaft place (this is all they do) looked at the stock shaft and even knew it was for a bird still put the wrong slip yolk on it!!! on the plus side, while the bird was down i borrowed its rims mmmmmmmmm purdy
pic 1 comparison of the sizes
pic 2 old ds inside dimension
pic 3 old ds outside dimension
pic 4 new ds inside dimension
pic 5 new ds outside
pic 6-9 damn now i want a set of these, anybody giving any away (free?)

web sized stupid ds 1.jpg

web sized old ds yolk inside mm 1.jpg

web sized old ds yolk outside mm 1.jpg

web sized new ds yolk inside mm 1.jpg

web sized new ds yolk outside mm 1.jpg

web sized chickens viii with erics rims up 1.jpg

web sized chickens viii with erics rims up 2.jpg

web sized chickens viii with erics rims down 2.jpg

web sized chickens viii with erics rims down 1.jpg

Chicken you should just keep the rims for yourself after doing all that work on the ThunderMark.

This has been a very interesting project, and it keeps going and going....

True, according to catelogue an Aluminum 4.6 block weighs 85 pounds, while the iron block weighs 155 pounds.. Then there is the heads so with 70 pounds from block and another 60 plus from heads 130 pounds is pretty good so stock was 3553 now figure 3423, about 350 less than a stock Mark...WITH SAME POWER, should be loads of fun.....

DIDNT MEAN TO GIVE WRONG INFO, JUST GOIN BY FORDS CATELOGUE THATS ALL...

Peace:cool:

the dohc heads are heavier than the sohc t-bird heads. by how much i dont know.

the dohc heads are heavier than the sohc t-bird heads. by how much i dont know.

we should call this a weight exchange program, heavier heads, lighter block, lighter diff, poss some lighter lca's :rolleyes:, heavier stereo sys (it all adds up) no air sups, bla bla bla it not about the weight its about making a kick ass car :headbang: if only it was my car lol

According to a bathroom scale the loaded al diff only weighs 11lbs less than the iron one:(

That's actually good news for me. I have an iron housing 4.10 LSD ready to go in, I thought I read somewhere there was a 30lb difference (which was a bit hard to believe,) so I was considering putting the carrier in my aluminum one. But at an 11lb difference I won't bother.

That's actually good news for me. I have an iron housing 4.10 LSD ready to go in, I thought I read somewhere there was a 30lb difference (which was a bit hard to believe,) so I was considering putting the carrier in my aluminum one. But at an 11lb difference I won't bother.

ditto 373 here i come

whoooo hooooo 4:10's in a aluminum markviii housing are in!! since midwestHACKshaft thought a 95 bird had a c6 in it (duh?) special thanks to a TCCoA member for the driveshaft, and the overnight shipping. just got a few pics, went in easy so wasn't much time for pics, plus didnt want friction modifier and gear lube on my camera, and didnt think about but all the pics were without the exhaust up. also threw on blistein (sp?) rear shocks on fri, when we ran into "the drive shaft issue" but all good now, just ripping around town all we could tell was there were defiantly traction issues lol

web size erics new eng 69.jpg

web size erics new eng 70.jpg

web size erics new eng 71.jpg

web size erics new eng 72.jpg

web size erics new eng 73.jpg

my gawd! i just hope for your sake that the under carriage does not fall apart. there is so much rust under there. :\

Members online

Back