chickens newest project

i cant wait to hear it run (open headers), and mon ill try to rember to bring the camera to work for pics, and who knows the way work has been latelly it should be done soon, fingers, toes and everything else crossed. go DOHC or go home!!!!!

UPDATE..It was almost ready to start tonight but we ran into a bit of a dipstick problem! Remember to always remove the dipstick before installing an oil pan. Chicken and I had to take out 13 of the oil pan bolts and Chicken had to put his hand up in there to dislodge said dipstick. The dipstick is out, and after re-installing a few parts, topping off some fluids, it should be ready to run tomorrow.

haha. ive done the dipstick thing with my 3000gt engine. at least dropping the pan on that is pretty easy.

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and louder than hell!!!! open kooks will do that lol we knew it was gonna be loud when we primed the oil system all we hurd was blub blub blub blub lol
pic 1: yup the dipstick broke the dipstick lol
pic 2: how it was orentated in the pan
pic 3: still messy just wanted to make sure everything worked
pic 4: can you hear it? i still can
pic 5: like the masking tape over the holes in the intake tube (NOT finished)
pic 6: purrrdy
pic 7: as you can see there is a LMS maf, but torques big ole 9 incher (air filter) didnt fit in the bird platform so a nice little 7 inch works just fine
pic 8: more masking tape even have a bag over the fresh air intake
pic 9: good pic of tri-color paint job
all thats left is cosmetic for the most part
and as soon as i can figure out how to post it i have a vid of the first try starting it and it fired the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

web size erics new eng 46.jpg

web size erics new eng 47.jpg

web size erics new eng 48.jpg

web size erics new eng 49.jpg

web size erics new eng 50.jpg

web size erics new eng 51.jpg

web size erics new eng 52.jpg

web size erics new eng 53.jpg

web size erics new eng 54.jpg

i tried to post it but its a DAT file (straight off my digi) and i dont know what to do to convert it hmmmmm i just figured out how to resize my pics last year and havent had to mess with vid yet, ill prolly just e it to my dad (computer genious) and have him make it work

Congratulations. That was quite a task. I commend you for undertaking it.

Well done.

Awesome work, guys. That rocks!

And I did the same exact thing with the dipstick when changing the oil pan on my old 95...except we started the car and it sound like a bunch of angry midgets beating on the pan with mallets. lol

Update... Everything is put back on and it is at the exhaust shop today. It should be done in a few days, hope it sounds good. Ill take some pictures of it all buttoned up soon. No more spaghetti wiring!!

94m5 said:
That 95 of mine is gonna fly.
allllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way to germany:eek:

last i knew he was on his way home from the exhaust shop (maiden voyage) after a air pocket at the exhaust shop but i guess its good so far *knocks on desk* it should be at work tomorrow and ill get some finished pics, ill try to have them up this weekend

yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pic's 1-4 just everything where it should be and all working
pic's 5-7 to remove the intake tube the cowl will prolly have to be removed (talk about tight)
pic's 8-10 the finished exhaust, i can hear rich now "RICE" dont worry he's not exactlly pleased about the visibility and the "bling factor" of the mufflers
pic 11 DAMN THE MANNNNN lol playin on lunch and got caught!! we both got seat belt tickets (even though we were both wearing ours at the time) midwestbirds passenger was friends with the cop, but he had to stop us cuz he was talking with some city employees when we took off from 30mph roll (in a 30 zone) and let me just say that thing is loud as hell
oh and the pic was taken by a manager from work cuz we were stopped just in front of our job and everyone watched the whole thing lol

web size erics new eng 55.jpg

web size erics new eng 60.jpg

web size erics new eng 57.jpg

web size erics new eng 59.jpg

web size erics new eng 58.jpg

web size erics new eng 61.jpg

web size erics new eng 56.jpg

web size erics new eng 62.jpg

web size erics new eng 63.jpg

web size erics new eng 64.jpg

web size erics new eng 65.jpg

Good god man, I have NEVER had as much trouble with the MAN as you have.

Keep ya pimp hand strong playa!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back