Carlisle Discussion

Joeychgo said:
Joey will not be attending -- If I do, I'll fly in. Im not making the drive again this year....
You got smacked by Murphy's law in 2006 Bro.
Post a link to your ordeal for those that don't know what I mean.

1wykdmk8 said:
Thanx though......that helps out other ppl who know nothing about Carlisle.
You're welcome and it's true!

Case in point; Dereck and his better half register their RENTAL car. Once parked, they had to walk all of six feet in either direction to see the show :)

I know what he means.......

I'm the one that scooped him up off the side of the highway when his car broke down. I still think you should come Joey. Don't put so much into it this year, just load some clothes up, meet us in chitown, and let's burn some gasoline.

Mike

Joeychgo said:
Joey will not be attending -- If I do, I'll fly in. Im not making the drive again this year....

Chicken shiznit!!!!! Some fearless leader you are.....:eek:

94m5 said:
I will also take into account your position Ray....One more blast down the Pennsylvania autobahn for old times sake!!!! :D

I want a damned LINE of VIII's rolling down the highway. That would be teh awesomeness.

Yeah...we will iron something out....lemme know the day you plan on and we will ride out.....there might be other kinda cars too....depending on the day/time......PA Autobahn.....NICE!!!!

OldSchool1 said:
You're welcome and it's true!

Case in point; Dereck and his better half register their RENTAL car. Once parked, they had to walk all of six feet in either direction to see the show :)

how much to register?

Carlisle is a beatiful city, I used to work for a company that had a location out there. I worked there every now, too bad I can't make it out there. Would be a hell of a drive from CA

Check this website, you can find the best prices available for that weekend:

it is my Travel website: OnYrMrk Travel

The prices are for the weekend of the show, plus all taxes and fees.

94m5 said:
Rooms are reserved.

Holiday Inn, in Carlisle.

They are kinda spendy at 139 per night, but after having a hotel 30 miles from the show last year, I'm willing to spend the extra money to have one right in the thick of things.

Bill.....I'm gonna take a look at the map and figure out our route, taking into account swinging up your way to meet up with you and J if he comes (still hav'nt heard from him). I will also take into account your position Ray....One more blast down the Pennsylvania autobahn for old times sake!!!! :D

I want a damned LINE of VIII's rolling down the highway. That would be teh awesomeness.

It's a long way from I 70 to I 80 near Detroit.
I know it's going to be a long drive for you, either way but, what about this?

Maybe if you picked up a few more cars from the Chicago area, then took I 80 and picked up some Detroit area cars, we could end up cruising the turnpike with lots of Lincolns.:)

Just in case it wasn't clear: Registering is cheaper than spectating because you can bring 2 people in a registered car.

brentalan said:
Just in case it wasn't clear: Registering is cheaper than spectating because you can bring 2 people in a registered car.

Plus you do not hafta pay to get in everyday. If I remember correctly it is like $10 or $12 to get in everyday......plus the cost to park daily....so the $35 is WELL spent. :cool:

I don't think so, unless you buy it back and bring it home to me LOL. I sold it last night.

Replacement is on the way. I never go to Carlisle with the same setup/car twice.

billcu said:
It's a long way from I 70 to I 80 near Detroit.
I know it's going to be a long drive for you, either way but, what about this?

Maybe if you picked up a few more cars from the Chicago area, then took I 80 and picked up some Detroit area cars, we could end up cruising the turnpike with lots of Lincolns.:)

Hey Bill,

Even if there are only 2 cars comming with from CHI-town, I will be swinging through Detroit. I may be alone in the 95 also, Dad may have something going on for that weekend.

Mike

There, I added myself to the list.
Mike, are you going down there on Thursday ? I usually drive down on Friday as Saturday is the best day to attend. What if you drive down here on Thursday and we hit the road to Carlisle on early Friday morning ?

We could prolly do something like that J,

That would also save money as I would'nt need the hotel room thursday night. I'll have to see exactly what transpires in the next few months. Lot's of options to think through, but detriot is one of em definatly.

Also, is Margaret comming this year?

Mike

I'm going, coming from Cols. OH, will hook up, back track, caravan with anyone going.

Not sure where I'm styaing yet, but if I can get a decent rate at 55.00 or around and two queens, anyone interested in sharing? NOT LIKE THAT!

OldSchool is kinda on about the drive time, but the drive was ok, (about 15 mins) I only went to the hotel once at night. Now, catching OldSchool not busy and getting to shake is his hand is more difficult than getting a hotel!!

Just send me a PM, I will make my plans this week and have info.

Oh and Rich, wtfrick!, how many Marks do you have listed under your name and you cant make it cause why?

SMOOCHES!

MsM8

Wisconsin High School State Tracke Meet.

And seeing that last year Cassie qualified in 3 events...

Priceless... I may enjoy LvC and being with it's members but last state meet was priceless.

Long jump 2.jpg

16 6.jpg

learning about 16 6. 2cropped.jpg

Cassie on Stand 1small.jpg

Cassie and Long jump metal.jpg

Cassie 4 x 1000 1small.jpg

at long jump.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back