Carlisle Discussion

94m5

Dmaup's Daddy
Reaction score
Any questions or concerns should be brought up here regarding plans/details for this years All-Ford Nationals.

Mike

OK... Who's going to Dethrone King Mike?

Will it be Driller? Joey? Mr. Wilson? Dr. Paul? or could it be Ray?

Who will it be? Are there any silent lurkers out there steeling ideas?

All I know is it will not be me.. Wisconsin State High School Track meet is still that weekend. So I will not be able to enjoy the festivities.

I would love to go, but unless I was driving with other Marks, that would be a long drive that I would not want to take alone. I am already three hours north of Chicago. :(

dates?

Where is Carlisle and what are the dates?

I will have my new install ready for the show, and it will look and sound amazing. As for showquality, I guess that is for the Judges to find out. If it is in April, depending on the drive and my current job situation, I could make it out.

thanks in advance,

Joe

Carlisle is in Carlisle, PA. Here is the linky to the site. Hope that helps a bit.

I will be there, but will most likely be there just to hang out, not really participate in the show portion....car will be there, but nothing will be done to it.....well....maybe a paint job and some custom body work, but thats up in the air as of now. I owe TOO many ppl money to work on the car like I would like to. So, there will be no dethroning Mike comin from me......at least not this year.

unity said:
I would love to go, but unless I was driving with other Marks, that would be a long drive that I would not want to take alone. I am already three hours north of Chicago. :(

Now if you would have made it to the Christmas Party you would have met about 3 Members who will be driving to Carlisle and only have to drive 2.5 to 3 hours with out company.

Depending upon how things go next year may work out for me to make the trip.

So unity if you can't make it this year. Start thinking about the '08 Carlisle Meet and I'll drive with you, if all things work out.

unity said:

As stated in my thread over on calvin's site.....

Last year I drove 3 hours north to Chicago to meet up with a group of people and drove out from there. I am willing to do that again, if your serious about comming. The most fun I have had was heading to carlisle last year.

I'm hoping to have MORE fun with it this year.

Mike

Carlisle Question

When is it that the MArk VIII drivers attend Carlisle? Is it for the Ford Nationals?

Yes, It's the All-Ford Nationals.

You should get in touch with Debi, as she usually attends this meet.

Mike

And rich.... I will prolly get to that intake tube this weekend. I've been busy as hell the last few days, and have a whole slew of parts to send out. I'll let you know.

Mike

Ok, thanks for the reply, I know the question may sound a little crazy. But this is my first Ford. I never was like most of the guys I know that drive Chevy's, bad mouthing Ford cars and trucks. I think they all have there good and bad days. I can't wait to get started attending some of this stuff when the weather is more favorable. I just found a leak on my Mark this weekend looks like it's the rear main, I know it's oil and not tranny fluid. I wasn't going to pull the tranny but now with the leak I have know choice. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress as I stumble thru this.

1wykdmk8 said:

I will be there, but will most likely be there just to hang out, not really participate in the show portion....
You should still register for the show field as it gives you and a Guest a three day pass, free parking on the show field (not at a remote lot), and you can come and go as you please.

Ohiorudeboy said:
Ok (on Topic) Let talk about Lodging where do you stay for Carlisle??
The Lincoln Mark VII Club will be staying at the
Sleep Inn
5 East Garland Drive
Carlisle, PA 17013
www.SleepInn.com/hotel/pa055

As of this date though, they're booked solid from Friday, June 01, 2007 through Sunday, June 03, 2007

OldSchool1 said:
The Lincoln Mark VII Club will be staying at the
Sleep Inn
5 East Garland Drive
Carlisle, PA 17013
www.SleepInn.com/hotel/pa055

As of this date though, they're booked solid from Friday, June 01, 2007 through Sunday, June 03, 2007

Do you have access to a group reservation plan? I'm comming up with 130 per night at that place. I stayed at a motel about 30 minutes away last year, and paid something like 55 per night.

I don't want to be driving back and forth, so i may just shell out the extra money for an in town hotel.

mespock said:
OK... Who's going to Dethrone King Mike?

Will it be Driller? Joey? Mr. Wilson? Dr. Paul? or could it be Ray?

Joey will not be attending -- If I do, I'll fly in. Im not making the drive again this year....

94m5 said:
Do you have access to a group reservation plan? I'm comming up with 130 per night at that place. I stayed at a motel about 30 minutes away last year, and paid something like 55 per night.

I don't want to be driving back and forth, so i may just shell out the extra money for an in town hotel.

Sleep in the car.. :D:D

I'll be driving from the Detroit area, hopefully meeting with Mike and others on the way.

Anyone else from the area want to drive along?

I'll be camping by the gate to the show, like I always do. I think it's only like 50 bucks for the whole weekend.

OldSchool1 said:
You should still register for the show field as it gives you and a Guest a three day pass, free parking on the show field (not at a remote lot), and you can come and go as you please.

Yeah I know that....I have been attending Carlisle shows for close to 8 years now. Not only the All-Ford, but the All-Truck, the used to be Spring Jam (compact cars), and the Chevy shows. I will be doing the show field, but just not competing thats all.

Thanx though......that helps out other ppl who know nothing about Carlisle. Hope to see some new faces there this year.....we need as many ppl as we can get there. NO matter what condition your car is in. I ALWAYS have a blast there no matter if I have a car or not (like the past few years without....no longer, just not customized......YET!!!).:D

I will be there.....I can join the caravan if it comes my way on the PA Turnpike. Keep me posted what day you plan on going.....my reservations are done...staying with the brother again....FREE room/board for me.....

:bow:​

Rooms are reserved.

Holiday Inn, in Carlisle.

They are kinda spendy at 139 per night, but after having a hotel 30 miles from the show last year, I'm willing to spend the extra money to have one right in the thick of things.

Bill.....I'm gonna take a look at the map and figure out our route, taking into account swinging up your way to meet up with you and J if he comes (still hav'nt heard from him). I will also take into account your position Ray....One more blast down the Pennsylvania autobahn for old times sake!!!! :D

I want a damned LINE of VIII's rolling down the highway. That would be teh awesomeness.

You stayin the whole time Brent? Cause you could share our room with us. It's just gonna be me and dad this year. Thank GOD!

94m5 said:
Do you have access to a group reservation plan?
Yes but that particular hotel is already sold out for the 2007 All Ford Nationals.
94m5 said:
I'm comming up with 130 per night at that place.
Group cost was about $115 per night.
94m5 said:
I stayed at a motel about 30 minutes away last year, and paid something like 55 per night.
There are a lot of places that cost less. Unfortunately, what we've found is tha you may pay less but travel times all weekend are horrible. There are hundreds of cars on the fields and in town so traffic crawls most of the time. Closer is better. I also dig the indoor pool :)
94m5 said:
If you can get one.
Really. This event sells out hotels like six months in advance.

Members online

No members online now.
Back