Back in the game. My LSE thread

Well maybe I'll donate in the near future depending on how much I'm really on here lol. But I'm addicted to information so forums seem to be the best place for my fix!

And good I'm sure you'll all come to learn my humor as well. I'm a sarcastic one :) lol

Well maybe I'll donate in the near future depending on how much I'm really on here lol. But I'm addicted to information so forums seem to be the best place for my fix!

And good I'm sure you'll all come to learn my humor as well. I'm a sarcastic one :) lol

"Sarcasm" whats that?:confused:........:lol:

Okay before I go outside in the cold garage and mess with the LS for the first time really. Whats the best/easiest way to get the airbox out for the KKM intake? I don't want to break and I can't find anything in the tech articles or search on how to get the air box out.

Thanks but I liked the Scion being that low. It looks badass. In fact in my opinion it wasnt low enough.Don't worry about it being functional or not. Any skilled driver can drive a lowered car.

And as for the airbox idk wtf why I can't get it open. That plastic panel thats closest to the front of the bay seems like its blocking it. Again I haven't spent more than 5minutes on it its cold as :q:q:q:q outside. I'll get it haha

Unloosen the screw on the air tube.. pull back the tabs on the top of the air box.. take the top off.. pull up on the bottom and it will pop up..

Picture from the "As-is" thread. And another one stupid angle just tried to get the whole car in the shot.
IMG_20110207_180750.jpg

IMG_20110207_180739.jpg

Haha it'd be alot bigger without all the crap in there. So many factory Scion parts I need to throw away.

Hopefully getting it tinted by the end of the week. As long as the scheduling doesn't fall through.

I can't help that my brain is small.. I would take anything bigger so it matches the REST of my parts.. :lol:

Is that better!?!? :p

We use the 70mm adapter plate from KKM right? 3.55" is 70mm? Just want to be positive before I order the adapter. http://www.kustomz.com/components.html

Anyone know a good place to order a cheaper adapter than from there? It seems like such a simple part and fairly universal it would be more widely available. $100 seems steep for a machined plate and filter. I'd be totally for it if I needed a high quality filter but I dont as I have a new AEM one here.

Anyone have a picture of how the KKM bracket is set up? Or will it be fairly obvious when I pull the airbox where to mount a bracket?

I'll be picking up that spectre part tomorrow morning and giving it a shot so I'll fill in. May be a inexpensive way for everyone to get a louder intake.

Are you putting on the KKM intake? Doesnt it come with an adapter?

No I'm going to try a bore specific adapter thats close to the KKM set up from spectre. Its only $16 so I figured I'd give it a shot because I already have a pretty expensive filter laying around already.

Members online

No members online now.
Back