Back in the game. My LSE thread

I did get bored today and use some of my old intake tubing to create a little "ram-air" product for my intake. Took a total of 5 minutes and I figured it wouldn't hurt. Check it out
IMG_20110510_190037.jpg

I used PVC, but ran my "ram air" the same way.

What I was thinking was putting the filter behind the bumper and putting a K&N Drycharger sock over the filter.. It's suppose to keep the water out

02V8Sport ran his like that. I planned on it, but decided not to for a few reasons. Also, the drysock works like a dream, the water beads on it and evaporates.
1. You're adding 2 bends (I was planning a 90* & 45* to put it behind the lower grille) and a filter that will most likely restrict most of the incoming air before it reaches the filter.
2. We already have 2 90* bends with the stock/aftermarket tubes that slow air down, so the "ram air" probably wouldn't be beneficial.
3. With the style like disk posted you're only adding a 90*, so more airflow. Just put the drysock on the filter in the engine bay.

I'm not knocking the idea just explaining my rough thinking of why I didn't do it that way. I still think it looks nice with the filter behind the lower grille.

I really put it there just to add colder air to the engine bay, specifically by the filter. I know its not doing much but I figured its got to be helping that filter suck in a lot less engine heat and more cooler rushing air from below. Good way to spend about 5 minutes putzing around in the garage :)

Little quick video of me giving the LS hell trying to get the CEL to come on-on the way to the dealership last Fri. I'm going to take another one now with the windows down in the back to reduce the wind noise. Now that I have 8 fully operational coils for the first time since I've bought it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1mnrpIGbrk

I have an Android and they don't make any for my phone. So I custom made my mount with an old GPS mount and the back of one of my phone cases. Phone pops right in and I have everything I need right there :cool:

They make universal ones.

But you should have an option to rotate the video before its uploaded.

The universal ones are bulky and usually the clamp style. This way it looks like it was designed for my phone..because well it kind of was haha

Thanks to BlackLS06 I now have my two 8" JLs and Alpine amp taking up space in my trunk instead of the counter in my garage. I'm still working on a custom mounting situation because the box itself is a half circle. But it has sound and thats what counts for right now. I completely disconnected the factory "subs" in favor of my set up. I haven't removed them yet but I might just so I don't have to fold half the seats down to hear it well enough.

And random garage picture early in the morning. Showing the colors off well
IMG_20110508_142208.jpg

That does sound nice on take off

Not with that one but I had an sct livewire, it was stolen, and I just got an sct x3

I have an opportunity to get one for $200. But I also have the opportunity to just pick up a very basic SCT tuner for $50. Still awaiting the exact model name from my friend on that one. Are there certain features lost/gained with the more less expensive/more expensive tuners SCT offers?

And I'm also looking at replacing my tired 8" JL subwoofers. I don't need anything ridiculous as I'm staying with 8"s. Am I really going down in quality if I just get a single voice coil subwoofer. I'm looking at a decent Infinity subwoofer right now thats almost the perfect match as a pair for my amp.

I have a perfectly good JL Powerwedge box that accepts 12"s. But I really don't want to upgrade my amp at the moment to power 12"s appropriately.

*Little update

Ever since adding that little "tube" to my engine bay I've added 2mpg on the freeway just by being more efficient. I'm averaging 24-26mpg on the hwy at 75-80mph and absolutely loving it. Thank the Lincoln "Lord" for blessing this set of coils ;) So far!

Got real tired of my old 8" JLs and went to install my two 12" JLW0s. About 3 minutes into Young Jeezys "White Girl" and I literally exploded the cone off the frame. The W0s are obviously 4 maybe 5 years old and spent the last year in the attic.

Picked up an Eclipse 12" 8600 series subwoofer today off craigslist for I'm not shtting you $30. Absolutely sounds amazing hooked up to the stock system with my Alpine amp. I could definitely use a more powerful amp but for now its a huge improvment.

I'm using a sealed JL Powerwedge box designed for 2 12"s but they are individually sealed so currently just running this one sub because of my amp. Thats not bothering me though I really only want 1 12". I'm either going to modify my Powerwedge box or see if someone will trade me for a nice box that holds 1 12".

Anyone interested in a sweet deal, Black recommended me to this Line out converter:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18107_PAC-SNI-45T.html

Placed the order for the $24 and free shipping. Turns out they changed the order before they shipped it and sent me this much nicer line out converter for the $24.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23128_PAC-SOEM-T.html

My other JL sub won't turn on for some reason. I'm not really sure how to test it either.

I'm keeping my eye open for another 8600 but again I don't mind running 1 12" right now.

Heres how perfect this box fits in here though. I do need to remove the stock subwoofers. It fights under the amp but the magnets on the factory speakers hit the top of the box.
IMG_20110519_221318.jpg

IMG_20110519_221232.jpg

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i360/diskfunktional/IMG_20110519_221223.jpg
IMG_20110519_221223.jpg

Alright I'm attempting to open my headlights today/tonight. Heres the pictures of the headlights. The headlight appears to have the notorious black sealant. However does anyone know if its supposed to be a hard sealant? The grey sealant and the blackish sealant on the passenger side both have the same consistency.

Driver:
IMG_20110527_145039.jpg

Passenger:
IMG_20110527_145049.jpg

IMG_20110527_145058.jpg

Me and my buddies A4 2.0T. Mines dirty his is the cleanest its been in a month haha

IMG_20110620_165211.jpg

IMG_20110620_165258.jpg

IMG_20110620_165226.jpg

Anyone want to trade chrome center caps for silver ones? I'd hate to paint the chrome

Members online

No members online now.
Back