Back in the game. My LSE thread

Sway bar bushing swap a success! Thanks again to Cody for helping me out! I'll be uploading some pictures tonight.

Picture451.jpg

Picture450.jpg

Thank you I think they're damn sexy as well! Soo similar but at the same time so different. God I want his spoiler lol

I've got about 15-20 pics and he took a bunch too. Just got some editing to do and I'll post the rest of them. Big thanks to Face again for coming out and helping me. I now have a silent suspension again and I'm loving it.

Mocked up the emblems Face accidently left at my house. These are his originals and they look great he's just got more practicing to do on painting. Which I know he'll perfect very soon.

I think I like the black/red on the rear more than the front. Those damn gaudy amber lenses pretty much ruin the front end. And the license plate mount :(
IMG_20110425_145436.jpg

IMG_20110425_145504.jpg

IMG_20110425_145430.jpg

IMG_20110425_145456.jpg

I totally agree. They will stand out a lot more against a black car

They turned out great tho I can't wait for the perfected product.

Yeah it looks better on the rear, it flows better with the red in the tails. Stick to reg emblems in the front.

Now I'm thinking red/black emblems would be awesome on the center caps..?

An orange/black emblem might even look pretty good in the front to match the amber. But I don't want to many colors thrown everywhere on the car haha

Black and red would look good on center caps, but those might be too big for center caps. He'll have to make ones the size of the center cap emblems.

Very nice Lse's makes me want to sell my ls and find an Lse...:shifty:

I like your LS though. Tastefully modded and I've always liked that red.

Just an update. The sway bar bushings are great! Its so nice to have a quiet (suspension) car again. It handles so much better and even though my hands are still cut up and sore its the best $25 bucks I've spent on the LS so far.

Noww to fix the coils and lower the bad girl

Okay I did try searching and found no exact information. I figured there would be some sort of write-up? I want to install my two JL 8"s and my small Alpine amp to the signal coming off the rear deck subs. Now I read people said something about sodering stripped RCAs to the wire and running it to the amp. Is there a direct signal that goes into the amp before it splits to the two factory subs?

Or am I supposed to "bridge" the signal and take the red from one speaker and the white from the other. And what 12v signal could I safely use as a remote-on w/o blowing any of the electronics for the rear electronics module?

Anyone want to help a guy out? Some of the veterans for this site have seen this topic before I'm sure.

I'm not looking for pounding base, and to be honest I have a great Alpine single din sitting in my room. Just don't want to ruin the look of the LS dash with a single din. I'd really like to just run my Alpine amp/JL subs off my stock Low Freq's either a) coming from the speaker connection itself or b) the input actually going into the amp.

Just need someone to point me in the right direction. I've been reading/searching for hours and still have no definitive answers. Most threads start out promising but usually ended in a battle over the right sub box size haha

You need a line output converter with a remote wire lead built into it.

Just splice into the speaker wires coming before the amp into the loc and then hook up rcas to it. The loc has a built in rem 12v source as well.

Alright thanks black. Any advise on a good brand? And I was thinking I'll probably disconnect the factory "subs" altogether. Basically rerouting the signal. Instead of just splicing into the system.

Saw the half clear tails and loved em....found 2 more LS's in Va Bch for sale with the same lights! Hoping the 2 I am going to see this weekend have a set to steal!

Are they Gen1 or Gen2 LSes? If they're Gen1 and they're red/clear DEF STEAL them! Lol I'm kidding but I'd be amazed if they're were two in one area.

Are they Gen1 or Gen2 LSes? If they're Gen1 and they're red/clear DEF STEAL them! Lol I'm kidding but I'd be amazed if they're were two in one area.

Believe me if they are the ones I will be pulling them! The cars are both 2000's and the guy is getting out of LS's so he said I can "pick an pull" em both CHEAP! :eek:

Heres a good picture of the ES Sway bushing installed. Pretty sweet haha

IMG_20110426_193930-1.jpg

Garage shot... Don't know how much longer she'll have one but either way she'll be covered at night :)

IMG_20110427_064303.jpg

And heres the subs/amp combo I'm trying to put in. Already cut the bottom board perfectly to fit under the rear deck. Subs just clear and all the amp wiring seems to be a breeze.
IMG_20110426_193723.jpg

Its the same thing i have but mine didnt have the rem so i ran a wire straight to the front.

Members online

No members online now.
Back