Back in the game. My LSE thread

Pretty easy install? Looks straight forward? Pull the signals + / - from both speakers and the output is converted to RCAs..

Yup neg to neg pos to pos and hook up rcas out from loc to amp input.

connect amp rem to the blue rem lead on the loc and voila bass.

If you cant install this...you need mental help lol.

Lol noo I got it just making sure I've got everything covered. I'd really hate to damage anything. Its amazing how easy it is to hook up a sub/amp combo in this car.

I've contacted a company to make custom lowering springs. We are still talking out the details right now as far as the desired height change and stiffness. Would anyone be seriously interested for some custom springs that could go lower than Eibachs? Hopefully pricing will be right around the same price as the pro-kit.

We'd need 5 at least but we might need 10 people to get them made.

The company is called Spring Works. I've already contacted and been denied by about 5 other companies that currently make coilovers. I'm still awaiting a reply from Sprint as I've had a little interest from them to make some custom springs for the LS.

i would love to lower my ls more, especially with the wheels i have now, but it wouldn't be very practical :(

i already have to crawl over every speed up, can't get up my drive way without damaging the underbody, I can't imagine the damage i would do to my car with even lower springs lol

how are the roads where you're at Disk(im going to abbreviate your username from now on lol)?

Haha totally fine with me. You can even call me Mike I don't mind haha.

I'm not talking about a 2" drop although that would look sexy. I've been talking with this company about a 1.25"-1.50" drop for the front. And 1.0"-1.25" for the rear. I'm just hoping to get another option vs the eibachs I bought. The exciting thing is they can really work on how we want the springs to react. They can make "dual-dampening" springs that in my opinion would really benefit the LS. Its a heavy car and its a Lincoln. I don't want to be bouncing on rough springs haha. This way we could lower the car, keep the dampening soft and for harder compressions it would be stiff and responsive.

And on a brighter note for me, my LS is getting 6 new motorcraft coils and new plugs as I type this. Talked the warranty company into covering the diagnostics fee for a bench test on my coils. Lincoln tech's decided to be awesome and report 6 out of the 8 coils as marginal and need to be replaced. (the other two were replaced not even 2mo ago with motorcraft).

So hopefully after my $100 deductible and a case of beer and lunch for the tech guys I will not be misfiring again for awhile! :crosses fingers:

Woooo! My LS is finally running perfect again! Quiet suspension, no misfires, smooth/responsive transmission, and best of all 25.5mpg average again!

Thank you Lincoln techs for replacing my 6 coils and thank you Fidelity warranty co for paying 90% of the costs. She now has 8 Motorcraft coils and any further misfires or failures for the next 12k are on their dime. :cool:

what do you mean by "dual-dampening"? Are you talking about a high progressive spring rate? That would be nice, because I'm tired of rubbing on big bumps.

Exactly what I mean, just couldn't think of a better way to describe them at first.

Whats up with these seats? They don't like like they are from a Gen1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-2002-LINCOLN-LS-BLACK-LEATHER-FRONT-BACK-SEATS-/270742106135?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ALincoln%7CSubmodel%3ALSE&hash=item3f097cb017#ht_3233wt_982

They're from a 2002 with the Premium Package. It was a sport model with non-SST shifter, chrome on the bumpers and those special seats.

Really interesting. So they're probably hard to find? I think I like the look of them I'm not sure. Plus my driver seat isn't the greatest

Okay so I took my LS into Lincoln for coil work on Fri. They bench tested and replaced etc...

The issue I'm having is now I have absolutely no air conditioning? Is there something they might have left off that I can check quickly? Its so much of a pain to bring it into the dealership all the time.

Which one is the A/C?

AE2F838.gif

Got it, thanks manoli.*EDIT* Thank you to FASTLLS why couldn't I find that? I searched everything possible! I wasn't getting to many hits in here so I created a new thread.

I did get bored today and use some of my old intake tubing to create a little "ram-air" product for my intake. Took a total of 5 minutes and I figured it wouldn't hurt. Check it out
IMG_20110510_190037.jpg

I put the coupler on to protect the filter from the sharp edges, as well as helping flow the air just a little bit further.
IMG_20110510_131821.jpg

^ Doesn't do much for ambient temperatures thats for sure. I wonder if flattening the tube a little to fit into that hole would hurt performance if made into a true CAI?

That's what I was thinking.. I probably wouldn't do full CAI w/o a hydroshield and bypass valve tho. To much going on right now to focus on that. I'm moving and doing my absolute best to get in a place with a garage.

What I was thinking was putting the filter behind the bumper and putting a K&N Drycharger sock over the filter.. It's suppose to keep the water out

Thats what I meant with the HydroShield. Injen makes them and I had one on my tC. The bypass valve is a little ugly but I feel its also a must. AEM makes those.

Members online

Back