any interest? custom hood

SPSully

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a company willing to work with me on getting mach 1 style hoods made. They can go FG or CF. If there is enough interest, I can start talking to them more in depth, and even give them my hood to make the mold from. This company has done some custom hoods and trunks before for friends of mine and the quality was very good!

Here is what I need to know

interested yes or no?
fg or cf?
mach 1 or something else?

nope..... would depend on interest.

also thought of maybe a terminator style extractor hood

I am interested.

What does the Mach 1 hood look like?

I would go with fiberglass. Its cheaper then carbonfiber. Carbonfiber will haze after awhile. Then your stuck painting it anyway.

LS_mach1.jpg

Fiberglass, either just the power bulge from the Mach(no shaker) or the Termi heat extractor hood.

Fiberglass, either just the power bulge from the Mach(no shaker) or the Termi heat extractor hood.

That would be my opinion as well.

Of course there is interest, untill you tell everyone how much $$$ :D

I wish things could just be alittle easier :) Set your hood in this press, apply some heat and get the custom indents you want, either "powerbuldge" or "heat extratctor" ... but that would be too easy... lol

Having the grille molded in so its 1 piece might be cool too, and make it so the insert can be interchanged from LSE to a McLaren :D

Of course u do this after I searched for months finding a new gen2 hood. Grrrrrrrrr

i want a carbon fiber hood that is just like the stock one only much lighter

Carbon Creations or some other company makes a CF hood for the LS, its just a stock hood with a layer over the top tho.. :rolleyes: Oh and its $800 or something retarded like that.

$400-600 is what Id expect to pay for a bolt on custom hood, pin on would still be $300-400..

I would be interested, but the money is the issue. I love seeing stuff like this pop up for the LS. I need a new side job like being a drug dealer or robbing banks.

I'd be intrested also, in a glass version....and as everyone else said...depends on price.

im going to call them today about it. I need to know the exact differences between gen 1 and 2 hoods. I know the grill is different, but if I remember right, you can swap hood/grills and not have any issues.

I know the grill is different, but if I remember right, you can swap hood/grills and not have any issues.

I think the only difference in the grills was the styling (looks and one piece or two) the LSE grill i ordered from LSK fit the same on my 1st gen as it does on my 2nd gen (same grill)

fiugred as much. I am either going to have them make it so the grill is one piece or you just add what ever grill, and it attach the same as stock.

I think the only difference between Gen I & Gen II were the windshield sprayers.

I think the only difference between Gen I & Gen II were the windshield sprayers.

correct. gen 1's are located on the hood. gen 2's are located in the cowl. I'm sure it would not be too difficult to either relocate the sprayers to the cowl, or drill the hood to accept the sprayers.

well he would have my hood as a template so it would probably be based off the gen 1. But if the gen 2 spray from the cowl, i might make mine do the same just to keep it clean.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to modify the stock hood? Just a ballpark guess, since weight savings wont be much.

Members online

No members online now.
Back