$1000 Rear Turbo build Thread

I read here that i can put a check valve between the intake manifold and the air assisted injectors, just temporarily until i get different injectors. Now i was wondering where that line is on the Gen 1 v6? and which way to place the check valve?

I don't think the V6 has the same air-injected injectors.

i just need a proper tune probably. Torrie is not responding atm... Anyone else have the ability to tune for me?

i would not try to have a FI car tuned remotely over the internet. you are going to spend days data logging, and sending files and waiting for files then flashing, then data logging, then sending, then waiting.........

way too much risk, any driving with out a proper tune is just nucking futs!

take it to a shop and pay for an hour or two on the dyno and be happy that it was done right.

I don't think the V6 has the same air-injected injectors.

You sir are correct. The first gen V8 is the only LS that has the air-assisted injectors. To the op, I understand the budget build and fact that you're trying to save money but you are going to end up spending far more on this than you would if you went with a decently reliable set up from the beginning. There's the old adage you get what you pay for, in this case it is definitely rings true.

You sir are correct. The first gen V8 is the only LS that has the air-assisted injectors. To the op, I understand the budget build and fact that you're trying to save money but you are going to end up spending far more on this than you would if you went with a decently reliable set up from the beginning. There's the old adage you get what you pay for, in this case it is definitely rings true.

I understand. :) Torrie and i are working diligently on the tuning process currently and there is some dramatic improvement, I'd say its about 80% working.

Cyrus....

May we see some pics or another video clip?

Thx man....

Injector size is relative to what boost pressure you are running. I built a custom turbo setup for a Probe GT v6 several years ago. I was only running 6psi and i didn't upgrade the injectors, and i was still running a 11.7 AFR. I built that system for $500, but i had a lot of time on my hands plus the proper welding equipment and the right friends that can hook me up with cheap parts

Nothing says class better then a purple waste gate sticking out from under a Lincoln. (maybe you said something about moving it in the video, at work no sound)

I hope it all works out for you. You need to somehow get the whole system up higher cause its gonna rub and get tore off.

Nothing says class better then a purple waste gate sticking out from under a Lincoln. (maybe you said something about moving it in the video, at work no sound)

I hope it all works out for you. You need to somehow get the whole system up higher cause its gonna rub and get tore off.

he said he is going to move it up in the video, luckily I have head phones at work :)

Keep at it! Cool to see someone just go for it.

+1. Regardless of what growing pains you go through with it, I commend you for actually doing it. I readily admit that I want one on my gen 1 v8. Just not sure if I feel like fighting the fight to tweak it and make it right.

Again, congrats.

Holy crap this looks scary man... Melting your bumper, no filter, snowy conditions, low hanging...

All of this seems like asking for disaster, but props on the work. Would love to see it cleaned up and running with the tune soon!

holy crap this looks scary man... Melting your bumper, no filter, snowy conditions, low hanging...

All of this seems like asking for disaster, but props on the work. Would love to see it cleaned up and running with the tune soon!

+1

You know what you have to do to tighten it all up. Take some more time to do so and then hopefully you can enjoy it even more.

up I think if you just finish it, with some quality exhaust pipe and intake and hang it well you will be just fine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back