$1000 Rear Turbo build Thread

That it real low to be driven. Any speed bump will take that right off unless you crawl over it. So this will be a rear mounted set up? No intercooler right?

Are you sure?

I've never seen a turbo ran off pipe that small.

Audio would've helped when I say your vid earlier, the part when you said you would raise the pipes, didn't have headphones for the school computer

oh yes the 2nd amendment

1_the_right_to_bear_arms.thumbnail.jpg

Loud, how much longer are you going to sit on your fi setup before installing? I have often wanted to ask but did not want to seem like a kid on the day before Christmas asking when Santa is coming. LOL.

ah guns, good investment, I am to broke to buy any but most of my friends/family has them so I enjoy thiers...

My next bits of advice....

1) take your car to a shop and have them bend and weld the exhaust pipe when you are done mounting/testing might cost about 100 bucks
a) this will seal the exhaust and help the turbo spool faster and you won't have 500 clamps and seams to leak/break

2) do not use plastic pipe for the intake, although pvc is strong the pure heat will weaken it significantly. If you can't afford good pipe or don't want to spend the money at least use exhaust pipe on the way up to the intake.

3) ignore all the people telling you it can't be done, it can be done you just have to do your research and do it as best you can with your budget...

I saw that DEI and I lolz

A guy on a corvette forum posted that up. I remember seeing the thread about it here a long time back.

Loud, how much longer are you going to sit on your fi setup before installing? I have often wanted to ask but did not want to seem like a kid on the day before Christmas asking when Santa is coming. LOL.

wait a minute, ive got a FI setup for the LS? :shifty:

ive helped my main mechinic friend wrench a few systems together, and have a lot of terminator parts, but those are not going into the LS. I'm keeping those for the day i either get a terminator or another mark.

As much as i would love to have a boosted LS, i would never be happy with the amount of power i would get for the money spent. boosting isn't fun unless you are in the double digits. (it gets real fun when you reallllly in the double digits (20+psi) )

My apologies. I thought you were the member with the Jag supercharger off of ebay.

No thats FASTLS.

He has a turbo jetta and a diesel...doubt he will do anything with the LS anymore.

My Lincoln is done now im just having issues with A/F ratio's and im smelling gas in the car so i parked it ASAP. Any help would be great. My guess is the Air Assisted injectors. I need this stable plz :)

Send Cammerfe or QuikLS a pm. Quik has a supercharged LS(gen 1) and may have the answer you are looking for. Awfully quick on a turbo setup....IMO. Hoping you are planning to baby that car for awhile until you know all the "possibilities" are worked out.

Check under the car for leaks in the exhaust as well. Also are the cats still on the car. Do not drive your car until you figure it out. I got co poisining a couple weeks ago from that :q:q:q:q.

And I agree you got done really fast is everything hung nicely and sealed up.

Yeah everything is nice and sealed :), i just need a proper tune probably. Torrie is not responding atm... Anyone else have the ability to tune for me?

I read here that i can put a check valve between the intake manifold and the air assisted injectors, just temporarily until i get different injectors. Now i was wondering where that line is on the Gen 1 v6? and which way to place the check valve?

Members online

No members online now.
Back