$1000 Rear Turbo build Thread

dude, I know you are on a budget, but please do not buy rods and piston from ebay.. Just spend the money for good ones now, they aren't that much more to begin with and you won't have to replace them twice.

But it's your car and engine man do as you will please.

go to summits website, summitracing.com and look at what they might have.

I am smiling because you said you did not want to put a lot of money into the build due to the value of your car but are already thinking rods and rings. The LS.....our favorite little money trap. ;)

I am happy to see you doing what you are doing. Congrats!!

I am smiling because you said you did not want to put a lot of money into the build due to the value of your car but are already thinking rods and rings. The LS.....our favorite little money trap. ;)

I am happy to see you doing what you are doing. Congrats!!

I can't think of much else I would put this kind of money into, out side of house obviously

Yeah i figured i would go with better rods first then upgrade the trany with a shift kit new torque converter and such :)

Whats the estimated Max HP and Torque for the trany?

it is actually well over what you will end up producing. I believe it is about 400 horse or more, Look up the land speed LS in the Performance LS section as well as Alax's turbo thread I believe both cover this pretty well.

As a broke hillbilly living in Chicago with 2 24 Hours of LeMons cars, Red Green has always been my hero.

Cyrus, have you researched which fuel injectors you are going to? If the v6 is like the v8, they are air assisted and may require you going to a different type.

I can think of a few two wheel toys that could use some attention (or one with no wheels at all)

you have Marty McFly's hover board :D

I was more of the PIT BULL guy

$(KGrHqQOKi!E1blN(nl8BNo3O(fKZQ~~_3.jpg

okay i can't find it,

Here's the jist of the Injector problem. We have air assisted injectors meaning there is a little vacuum rail along the injectors. Regular large pound injectors may cause issues with this. I had Often wondered if you could plug the vacuum "Rail" and just use injectors with the correct connectors and O-rings. I have no Idea if that would work but may be worth investigating.

Thanks 2002 :).
All i need now is the Wastegate and BOV then install time :), Ill get both of them today possibly. The turbo is .63 AR / .50 AR .... Massive first turbo :)

Ummm...that tubing is either gonna get ripped off from being so low or burst from pressure.

Well he did say he was going to mount it higher but I just can't see this setup lasting....Is it worth the 600 for what you got going on there??

Members online

No members online now.
Back