Exhaust piping - Autozone
Intake tubing - Ace Hardware
Oil feed system, Transmission fluid - Ebay / Autozone
3" Pipe to T4 Flange - Ebay
T4 to T4 Flange with waste gate port - Ebay
BOV 2" flange for intake - Ebay
Misc parts - Autozone
Manual boost controller - Ebay

All for around $600, ill be running 5-8 PSI.

I'm trying this cheap build for fun and also for testing purposes, Everything was carefully planed and will be checked for durability.
Ill start receiving parts in the mail by next Friday. Ill have a youtube video up when finished.

I dont want to be flamed for this thread, but ill take tips and suggestions for using the parts i have listed. Im not looking for a $2-3k build but something that can be similar for a fraction of the cost :)

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure some will question the quality and ability to complete... this has been done before so look for an old thread on it... But i'm all for you taking this on... Good luck, i'll be watching closely....

i know i've seen a turbo mounted in the rear on an LS back in the day

Yes, this is very possible. The only thing I will say is be very careful with cheap ebay turbos. They have a habit of failing and something about parts of impeller in your intake may keep most from using them. The rest for test purposes will be fine. As a remote mount turbo will not get nearly as hot so pipes cracking is not an issue.

Also the pipes should be stainless, apposed to mild steal to prevent rusting.

As far as mocking this all up the parts you listed will be just fine. But I would seriously look into a better quality turbo, look maybe for a used garrett or turbonetics. you can rebuild these relatively inexpensively and will be much better.

One more thing are you going to y pipe the exhaust into one pipe or just run this off one side. If you do that I would recommend 2 smaller turbos to spool faster off less exhaust.

other than that good luck and I hope you get to finish this.

Nice. Great to see more guys going with FI. Good luck to you sir!

Almost have mine :zgreenbou

lol

Hard to believe but so clooooooooooose, so close.

Thanks everyone for the posts. :)
Ill defiantly get videos up on the process so far :)

BRB.....

My Car is the v6 2000 model :)

Some sweet reading in those prev threads. Good stuff there.

Just saw the clip...oh my indeed, good luck with that buddy, where's the duct tape?

Just saw the clip...oh my indeed, good luck with that buddy, where's the duct tape?

Right lmao :)

Like i said my main goal is to achieve relatively the same performance for under $600, i could spend 3k but my car is not worth even 1k so im not wasting to much lol.

I applaud your vision, very Mad Max. How about a clip of the straight's in the meantime?

Thanks again for the best wishes lol... ima need them :)

Dont just run straights lol, they sound sooooo Loud and raspy lol, Nasty sound atm :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back