03 Cobra Exhaust Manifold Steering Mods V2.0 Thanks M_Maker!!

-svo have u sold these just asking and wondering so thats y i asked?

^^
Thanks for clearing that up. Everyone on here suggests the kooks from supercoupeperformance they are $800. I am trying to learn about cars. It might sound silly but I dont know what these do.

bill at supercoupeperformance sells substandard parts. i have experience with that.
i don't have experience with his terrible service, but i hear about that.

Wow. I thought his prices were high. I forgot what thread I read but someone referenced his site and said that those were the only "kooks" that were made for our cars.

Also I have seen countless posts about "buying stuff from bill" and "bill is a great guy". I never knew who "Bill" was until I went to that site and put the pieces together.

I still dont understand what results youll get from these "performance" exhaust manifolds. It just seems the cost of the manifolds are just as much as an exhaust system itself.

I still dont understand what results youll get from these "performance" exhaust manifolds. It just seems the cost of the manifolds are just as much as an exhaust system itself.

smoother exhaust flow = more power.
SCP is the only dealer for the kooks and they are expensive.

My goal to to keep my Mark naturally aspirated but do as many mods as I can. I am a broke college student so its all just a dream.

I will end up buying the kooks one day. Its a shame to hear that about Bill.
Is there an alternative way to buy them? I did a search of the kooks site and found nothing.

Buying from Bill is your only choice for new ones. Used ones occasionally come up for sale. The Cobra manifolds flow better than stock Mark manifolds but not as well as heders. Then again the manifolds are cheap. i got mine for 40$ shipped and sand blasted.

In Bill's testimonials they claim "30 rwhp" with his headers. That is pretty impressive.

If I find a cobra in a junk yard ( which is highly unlikely ), ill pull its manifolds and use them. I am far away from even having the money to blow with a shady guy named Bill.

If we can use cobra manifolds why cant we use cobra headers?

If I find a cobra in a junk yard ( which is highly unlikely ), ill pull its manifolds and use them. I am far away from even having the money to blow with a shady guy named Bill.

If we can use cobra manifolds why cant we use cobra headers?

You won't find a Cobra engine in boneyards. If one of those came it would be pulled ASAP. All these headers WILL bolt to the engine,but the chassis is different between mustang and mark8. Headers are car specific.Meaning if you make headers fit one engine bay they won't wotk in all engine compartments. Why don't you check out my post where I put BBK "cobra" longtubes on my mark. http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=73911

Dude......

You can buy the cobra manifolds for less than 100 on stangnet and SVTP.

Look around, the deals are out there.

Friendly bump...

Also added to list of threads for noobs to see.

Mike,

Ever find the part numbers for the parts needed to be purchased from Summit?

you replace the collapsible lower part of the shaft and stock rag joint with the shaft pictured above and the flaming rivers joint.

Jegs parts numbers:
898-FR1715DD
153-313434
153-409208

^^^

I had a random question about this swap as it is something I am still considering doing... What happens with the EGR tube on the LH side manifold? Do the cobra manifolds have the EGR port in the same place, or do you just delete the EGR?

THANKS!

We've always just deleted the EGR.

Now that I know how to bend and TIG stainless, ill prolly build a new tube for mine.

if any of you guys ever need something welded and want to ship it, or you are in florida, this is what i do. i have been welding for 18 years and fabricating almost all metals. i mostly TIG weld aluminum though, that is my specialty, but i can MIG and TIG stainless, aluminum, steel whatever it is, need headers modified or intakes cut and welded whatever it may be just ask. its what i do everyday is TIG aluminum ornamental stuff.

To answer your question Dan, the terminator manifolds have a spot for an egr tube, with a steel threaded nipple, I guess you'd call it, sticking out of the cast iron. I would post a pic, but my phone is acting wonky. I have a pic of the manifolds I just bought on my facebook...

However without having done this swap yet.... I am not sure if the tube will go directly in the same spot.

Members online

No members online now.
Back