••••$125 2-year warranty slim HID ••••

Thanks for the info.

Does the car need to be running to supply them with enough power, or will they be okay to turn on automatically before I start the car?

should be fine either way, again they should be normal once they are fully broken in. From what i understand HIDS actually use less power to run then halogen lights

thats what i was talking about... I have had two different kits, bohmen and hidynamic and they would do that to me.... drove me crazy... I would get home turn off my car and boom a light was still on.... I would open the hood move it a little and it would stop.... its as if touching the frame of the car gives it current or something.
Going through the same thing right now. Im waiting to get some sort of explaination for this. My HIDS only come on and stay on with the car off. Once the car is started either one or both turn off. These only stay on about 5% of the time. The bulbs start to flicker and turn off. Weird!!

Also Sometimes they wouldnt turn on. And I took them to get checked out and it worked when connected directly to the battery...weird....It wouldnt happen all of the time but enough to remove them and sell them to my friend who owns a honda accord. he put them on and no problems after 6 months of having them.

I read that the power lines for the headlights are multiplexed, although I'm not sure why, but could that have something to do with it? But then again, there are people on here who have had retrofit hids for a while and no problems right...

I ordered analog ballasts from Umnitza yesterday. The only way I can even get these HIDs to work now is to turn them on before starting the car. They then work for a while and sometimes just turn off during my drive.

I tested the voltage at the harness last night. The car while running is putting out 14.4-14.7 volts and the HID's wont fire up at that voltage. When the car is off its at 12-12.5 volts and they will fire fine at that voltage.

Im confused with all of this because the vehicle is putting out steady power and it is not the one cutting power to the lights. Somehow it seems the digital ballasts are cutting the power to the lights thinking there is a problem.

This quote was taken from the AVIC-D3 Install Thread regarding the auto dim feature, which would normally be wired to the headlight circuit, so that when headlights come on, the unit dims to adjust for the ambient light.

Looks like I found the issue regarding the dimming, or lack thereof..from avic411.com

Your scenario about where to get an illumination tap is valid on most vehicles. But there are a few where tapping into a park light, etc just won't work either. We just went through this on a Lincoln LS. All the lights are multiplexed and have power to them at all times. It uses the ECM in conjunction with the GEM, REM, etc to control the lights. Once the computer sees a signal from the switch, it orders a module to ground the light being commanded. Therefore, you can't just hook into one of the lights. It always has power there and is just waiting for a ground. What we ended up doing was using a feed off the ash tray light. That was conventionally wired. We also had the same problem with a reverse signal. We never got that one resolved. Mulitplexing (aka twisted pair) is such a great idea, but it sure screws up conventional wisdom when it comes to these sorts of things.

I read about a resolution for this problem on avic411.com by wiring the avic to the cigarette lighter lamp, which is not multiplexed, but this would not work for the headlights for obvious reasons.

How much bigger are the analog ballasts?
They are about 1/3rd to 1/2 bigger. Not significant, but in your case, no choice it seems.

Does the Auto-On rule apply all the time with HIDs or only during installation/troubleshooting? Also, do you really have to start the car before igniting the headlights? I was really hoping to get some HIDs, but if either of these is true, they are out of the question I guess. I figured they worked just like the factory headlamps.
It will/should work either way. I personally don't like the Auto feature on my own car because it just goes on when I go into a tunnel or even if it's just raining and I like the look of the car without the headlights on.

Thanks for the info.

Does the car need to be running to supply them with enough power, or will they be okay to turn on automatically before I start the car?
It helps to have the car running.

I ordered analog ballasts from Umnitza yesterday. The only way I can even get these HIDs to work now is to turn them on before starting the car. They then work for a while and sometimes just turn off during my drive.

I tested the voltage at the harness last night. The car while running is putting out 14.4-14.7 volts and the HID's wont fire up at that voltage. When the car is off its at 12-12.5 volts and they will fire fine at that voltage.

Im confused with all of this because the vehicle is putting out steady power and it is not the one cutting power to the lights. Somehow it seems the digital ballasts are cutting the power to the lights thinking there is a problem.
Sounds like a failing LCM - it's starting to point that way. I wonder if that is a Ford sourced part of something they get from Ford of Europe perhaps. Sounds suspiciously like a Euro system similar to the Merc's and BMWs.

if you need to contact us - just email. Don't check this thread too often - as you can tell:)

They are about 1/3rd to 1/2 bigger. Not significant, but in your case, no choice it seems.

It will/should work either way. I personally don't like the Auto feature on my own car because it just goes on when I go into a tunnel or even if it's just raining and I like the look of the car without the headlights on.

It helps to have the car running.

Sounds like a failing LCM - it's starting to point that way. I wonder if that is a Ford sourced part of something they get from Ford of Europe perhaps. Sounds suspiciously like a Euro system similar to the Merc's and BMWs.

if you need to contact us - just email. Don't check this thread too often - as you can tell:)
Matt,

The HID kits should work on any LS. The Xetronic analog and digital kits will fire up regardless if the car is on or off. It would seem that these kits that you are selling should do the same. Maybe a faulty ballast? With electronics you are bound to get one that is bad from time to time.

Guys, mines still acting weird, I posted the other day tha my right fog woundt tunr on at 1st attemp but at 2nd. Now the work just perfect.
The lows, the second day after installation, the passenger side low would turn on the slowly go off, so I had to go on-off-on till they stay on, now its working fine, but the same started with the drivers side! lol but once they stay on its really weird they go off.

Matt,

The HID kits should work on any LS. The Xetronic analog and digital kits will fire up regardless if the car is on or off. It would seem that these kits that you are selling should do the same. Maybe a faulty ballast? With electronics you are bound to get one that is bad from time to time.

I'm kind of walking on egg-shells here. I don't want to be too active should the forum require my sponsorship, we are not prepared for that.

It's not a faulty ballast as every time the car is off, they work. It's an uncontrolled environment we are not sure of. If we get more data, we'll pass it along.

ya im in the same boat its been 3 days and i still have to turn them off on off on off on ten times before they stay on enough for me to drive. Then after 10 minutes of driving one will go out, but once i turn it off then on again it comes back on and stays on. they are nice but i wish the would both just stay turned on the first time :(

ya im in the same boat its been 3 days and i still have to turn them off on off on off on ten times before they stay on enough for me to drive. Then after 10 minutes of driving one will go out, but once i turn it off then on again it comes back on and stays on. they are nice but i wish the would both just stay turned on the first time :(

Yeah me too! but considering what Ive paid for, Im very hapy with em, I couldnt spend 400 bucks for a digital kit on LSKoncepts! and having digital HIDs both lows n fogs for less than 300 bucks is awesome. Now... if after 2 weeks they dont work perfect, then it'll be bad! So, lets see how they do after they totally broken in.

coming across some HID pros, the LS doesnt need a flicker resistor or anything to make it work differently. I received my analog ballasts from Umnitza today and installed them, my headlights now work 100% of the time. Very please with the support I received on this issue.

HID's on all 4 (better pic)

Copy of DSCN1308.jpg

with HID's, its not recommended that you flick them on and off frequently as its bad for the bulb? correct me if i'm wrong but i have heard this a number of times.

Thanks for the comments guys. I wanted to get rid of this car because I wanted something faster, but there isnt much out there that can beat the looks of any LS period(in the same price range). I may give this car some more time. I do have my eye on a black 06 that I found around here. I wouldnt really have to do much to it to make it look like my car now :)

so whats the final verdict on this kit...works worth the money? I personally want to get a pair for my wifes 08 accord but I want to see what everyone thinks

Members online

Back